Do teleprompters or speaking fopahs make you unqualified to be president?

Maybe I'm not the best person to judge this because I'm not afraid of public speaking, but Rick Perry strikes me as possibly the dumbest person alive. I know the cameras are on. I know there's an audience. I know millions are watching.

You're a GOVERNOR of a state. Talking coherently in front of mobs is a part of the job description. If you can't even remember what part of government you're going to eliminate, get off the stage. You're wasting everyone's time.

I don't think Obama turns into a dolt without a teleprompter, but it's pretty clear his weapon of choice is having one. His communication ability diminishes almost by half when he goes off script; that's mostly because his real talent is the soaring speeches, which are usually scripted, not the one-on-ones that aren't.

On the other side of that, Newt Gingrich is firmly in command off script almost all the time. He can speak intelligently and at length on virtually any subject, calling on historical facts and figures and a breadth of knowledge. Yet I've never heard him give a major address, and I suppose that's because he's more interested in discussions of facts than more general, emotional speeches.

Side point - What's w/ these people Pubs have running for high office...or hold high office? People like Perry, Cain, Palin, Bush Jr, AZ Governor Brewer? No way any of these were/are qualified for their position or position they were/are running for. Isn't this an insult to the intelligence of the voters and especially pub voters?

Anyone remember this doozy from Brewer? :)

Side point - What's w/ these people Pubs have running for high office...or hold high office? People like Perry, Cain, Palin, Bush Jr, AZ Governor Brewer? No way any of these were/are qualified for their position or position they were/are running for. Isn't this an insult to the intelligence of the voters and especially pub voters?

Enough corporate money and media spin, and they can put any idiot in office who will whore for them.

Actually, I thought the worst gaffe of the debate was Cain calling Pelosi "Princess Nancy." For a guy with some significant problems in relating to female voters, that was a nearly unforgivable comment.

Cain is headed for a huge fall. He's his own worst enemy.

C'mon. One of the richest women in the world acting like she cares about the poor. It is documented over and over how she blew tax payer money as speaker and she won't even address the latest questions about a credit card IPO she was involved in. She has business ventures that employ thousands and none or her employees are in a union.

Maybe princess isn't the right term. I would agree that he probably should step a little more softly.

Cain is a victim of headlines. There is rarely any substance in the AP & Reuters rags. Obviously, that is an opinion.

How about wicked step mother!?!! chuckleshuffle

Anyone remember this doozy from Brewer? :)

That’s rich……………..

You obviously have no problem propping up such intellectual luminaries as Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Henry Waxman, Maxine Watters, Barbara Boxer, etc.

Hey Pot, check your kettle…………