Ohio State gets new charge, gives up 5 scholarships

Wow, 5 scholarships over a three-year period beginning next year. Not too bad for "the second-worst allegation it can make against an athletic program."

Its only "self-imposed" though. Maybe, the NCAA grows some stones and pull a Goodell.

I see. I figured they were catching a break due to the NCAA having their hands full with the PSU scandal.

Yup, and even the guys on the Big Ten Network said it was too little. The only damaging thing done is that tOSU was slapped with the 'failure to monitor' label by the NCAA.

That doesn't bode well for whatever punishment the NCAA cooks up for tOSU down the road.

The school better fire Gene Smith pronto. I am absolutely sick of seeing that guy on television tell me its not a systemic problem and that he can't monitor everything. Get me an AD who is up to the task because I am not a fan of my alma mater getting dragged through the mud and that douche isn't helping.