Taylor Martinez!

Sorry Knapp, I saw this one after I posted earlier. The main two I'm talking about are Bell's diving attempt and Enumwa's ball where I thought the defender made a good play, got Enumwa's arm preventing him from making the catch clean. I'm not talking "big show" catches like the one Marlow made a couple of weeks ago, I'm just talking about balls that I don't believe are routine. Throws that are behind, high or low. While they are most likely catchable to a varying extent, they also aren't routine. If you would talk about a catch being "great", like Bell's would have been when he dove, then to me, it's not a drop.

I need Zoogies here, he might be my only ally.

No worries. I think nobody is really griping about Bell's "miss" or at least I'm not seeing those posts.

I think we can all agree there have been too many drops on the year. There were more today. But not every missed catch was a drop.

WOAH

Granted I didn't see last weeks game due to traveling... But, wow, I'm impressed.

Such poise and confidence and good decision making. Way to be, Taylor.

Yes it's only half time, but, this is the best I've seen him play I think.

PS: Nebraska just scored 10-0 with 44 sec in the first half!

He was on the money all day. And when it wasn't open he ran it. Consindering there was about 5 drops his stats don't do him justice.

WOAH

Granted I didn't see last weeks game due to traveling... But, wow, I'm impressed.

He was on the money all day. And when it wasn't open he ran it. Consindering there was about 5 drops his stats don't do him justice.

Definitely. If everyone caught their balls ( HOLD ON TO THOSE BALLS BOYS), maybe the game would have been 1 or two more TDs for NEB.

WOAH

and he is much better in the pocket. early in the year if he was pressured he would panic and try to run forward instead of scrambling. again I am stunned and impressed with how much better he is now (against much better D's) then he was earlier.

Sorry Knapp, I saw this one after I posted earlier. The main two I'm talking about are Bell's diving attempt and Enumwa's ball where I thought the defender made a good play, got Enumwa's arm preventing him from making the catch clean. I'm not talking "big show" catches like the one Marlow made a couple of weeks ago, I'm just talking about balls that I don't believe are routine. Throws that are behind, high or low. While they are most likely catchable to a varying extent, they also aren't routine. If you would talk about a catch being "great", like Bell's would have been when he dove, then to me, it's not a drop.

I need Zoogies here, he might be my only ally.

No worries. I think nobody is really griping about Bell's "miss" or at least I'm not seeing those posts.

I think we can all agree there have been too many drops on the year. There were more today. But not every missed catch was a drop.

That we can agree on, too many. Another discipline, fundamental, and concentraton issue. But that also seems to define the team this year.

we are being hard on them right now... but I do feel like the current group of WR have a chance to be one of the best groups we have be the time they are older.

I would agree with this. These guys have all made plays. If they button up their issues, which seem to be largely mental, they could be a formidable group.

we are being hard on them right now... but I do feel like the current group of WR have a chance to be one of the best groups we have be the time they are older.

I would agree with this. These guys have all made plays. If they button up their issues, which seem to be largely mental, they could be a formidable group.

There is an abundance of talent, they can really make some plays. Just have to learn to secure the ball first, run second.

WOAH

and he is much better in the pocket. early in the year if he was pressured he would panic and try to run forward instead of scrambling. again I am stunned and impressed with how much better he is now (against much better D's) then he was earlier.

well he better step up his passing game since he is no longer getting huge run gains. Wouldn't surprise me that he put in extra time on his passing after he was getting shut down running.

That "if it hits your hands you catch it" is such a crock. Yes, we are dropping too many fairly routine balls (and this really seems to be BK), but a lot of the incompletions that people are calling drops are balls that would be way above average catches. Yes, you need to make some of those catches, but they are not "drops". The ball in the first half that Bell dove for and got both hands on it. That would have been a spetacular catch, it was not a drop.

TM again seems to get better each week. Not perfect, but the guy is certainly making numerous winning plays every game lately.

With the D line consistently in the backfield when T-Magic get the ball, Yes I think he is playing lights out. Our O-line is filled with no fire powder puffs. Great job Taylor!

That "if it hits your hands you catch it" is such a crock. Yes, we are dropping too many fairly routine balls (and this really seems to be BK), but a lot of the incompletions that people are calling drops are balls that would be way above average catches. Yes, you need to make some of those catches, but they are not "drops". The ball in the first half that Bell dove for and got both hands on it. That would have been a spetacular catch, it was not a drop.

TM again seems to get better each week. Not perfect, but the guy is certainly making numerous winning plays every game lately.

Total BS.

If the pass hits your hands you should catch it. Expecting to only catch passes that hit them perfectly between the numbers is unrealistic and self-defeating (heck, BK & Turner drop those too). Watch Oklahoma St or the Sooner's wrs, or Stanford's or Oregon's, etc, etc.

Our wrs simply need to do better and giving them BS excuses isn't the path to improvement.

GBR!!

With the D line consistently in the backfield when T-Magic get the ball, Yes I think he is playing lights out. Our O-line is filled with no fire powder puffs. Great job Taylor!

Exactly.

PSU's Dline was in our backfield the whole game. Yeah, they have a great defense but even friggin NW mauled our OLine. Last year's zone-read would be suicide this year as Taylor would have his head ripped off instantly.

Beck's doing the best with what he has.

GBR!!

Total BS.

If the pass hits your hands you should catch it. Expecting to only catch passes that hit them perfectly between the numbers is unrealistic and self-defeating (heck, BK & Turner drop those too). Watch Oklahoma St or the Sooner's wrs, or Stanford's or Oregon's, etc, etc.

Our wrs simply need to do better and giving them BS excuses isn't the path to improvement.

GBR!!

Might be a bad example tonight, couple costly drops so far.