Navysker--did you purchase and install Dawnguard? Apparently what you're describing is a known glitch with the expansion pack:

http://www.uesp.net/...yrim:Breezehome

After installing Dawnguard, you may encounter a bug when purchasing decor for Breezehome. After initially purchasing the alchemy lab, it will not disappear from the list of available decor; it will remain constantly available for purchase and will not appear in Breezehome.

• One way to fix this issue is to temporarily uninstall Dawnguard, make the purchases, then re-install Dawnguard.

If you got Dawnguard and you *really* want that Alchemy Table bad enough, then you need to uninstall Dawnguard and then purchase the table. Once you do that, you can reinstall Dawnguard, and all should be well with your world.

Of course, what you should have done is not update Skyrim, and do the glitch to purchase Breezehome and all the amenities for free. :) Then get the updates, and hey--free house! ;)

---

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find anything with a lockpick enchantment or a muffle enchantment? I've got my smithing and enchantment maxed out to 100, so I'm trying to create a wicked set of armor, but since I still have to complete the Thieves Guild quests, I want to make sure my light dragon or glass armor can still be stealthy.

Navysker--did you purchase and install Dawnguard? Apparently what you're describing is a known glitch with the expansion pack:

After installing Dawnguard, you may encounter a bug when purchasing decor for Breezehome. After initially purchasing the alchemy lab, it will not disappear from the list of available decor; it will remain constantly available for purchase and will not appear in Breezehome.

• One way to fix this issue is to temporarily uninstall Dawnguard, make the purchases, then re-install Dawnguard.

If you got Dawnguard and you *really* want that Alchemy Table bad enough, then you need to uninstall Dawnguard and then purchase the table. Once you do that, you can reinstall Dawnguard, and all should be well with your world.

Of course, what you should have done is not update Skyrim, and do the glitch to purchase Breezehome and all the amenities for free. :) Then get the updates, and hey--free house! ;)

---

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find anything with a lockpick enchantment or a muffle enchantment? I've got my smithing and enchantment maxed out to 100, so I'm trying to create a wicked set of armor, but since I still have to complete the Thieves Guild quests, I want to make sure my light dragon or glass armor can still be stealthy.

HA! I am not to worried about it at this point. On a side note have you found the muffle spell yet. You are essentially quiet for 180 seconds I believe. You can buy/find it here.

Can be purchased from: Calcelmo, Drevis Neloren, Falion, Farengar Secret-Fire, Madena, Sybille Stentor, Wuunferth the Unliving, Wylandriah

---

HA! I am not to worried about it at this point. On a side note have you found the muffle spell yet. You are essentially quiet for 180 seconds I believe. You can buy/find it here.

Can be purchased from: Calcelmo, Drevis Neloren, Falion, Farengar Secret-Fire, Madena, Sybille Stentor, Wuunferth the Unliving, Wylandriah

No, not the spell--I have that. I'm trying to find equipment enchanted w/it that I can use to learn how to add that enchantment.

I've got the Nightengale armor, which is excellent if you have your smithing skill maxed out and have plenty of Void Salts. But I'm looking to replace it with a whole slew of double-enchanted equipment--the one thing I'll lose is my perpetual stealth thanks to my muffled boots. :(

---

No, not the spell--I have that. I'm trying to find equipment enchanted w/it that I can use to learn how to add that enchantment.

I've got the Nightengale armor, which is excellent if you have your smithing skill maxed out and have plenty of Void Salts. But I'm looking to replace it with a whole slew of double-enchanted equipment--the one thing I'll lose is my perpetual stealth thanks to my muffled boots. :(

Then I am not far enough along to help you. I'll keep my eyes open though.

---

Then I am not far enough along to help you. I'll keep my eyes open though.

No problem. I just found an interesting read yesterday that states the enchantments that are not points-based (like Muffle) are rare enchantments, and the more you level up, the smaller your chance of coming across them gets, to the point where if you're level 70 or higher, the chance is so miniscule that the programming rounds it down to zero--that is, at level 70, you will not find any global enchantments like Muffle any longer.

I'll probably just make do with the Muffle spell and focus on trying to find something that has a lockpick enchantment on it.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, if anyone is still playing Skyrim and on the fence about the two pieces of DLC, get Dawnguard, and hold off on Hearthfire until it goes cheap.

You get a *lot* of content with Dawnguard, but it's not readily apparent, as much of it is woven into the main game. But it does have some unique areas (Soul Carin, the Verde) that you can go back to at your leisure, with new and unique items and ingredients.

Hearthfire is good if you're starting a brand new character, but if you're already established, all you'll be doing is fast-traveling to get supplies, spamming the 'A' button a lot, and getting pissed that you can't *really* modify your home the way you want. Again, it's good for a n00b character, as you can build as you go and get materials on your travels. Otherwise, hold off.

• 1 month later...
BTW, if anyone is still playing Skyrim and on the fence about the two pieces of DLC, get Dawnguard, and hold off on Hearthfire until it goes cheap. You get a *lot* of content with Dawnguard, but it's not readily apparent, as much of it is woven into the main game. But it does have some unique areas (Soul Carin, the Verde) that you can go back to at your leisure, with new and unique items and ingredients. Hearthfire is good if you're starting a brand new character, but if you're already established, all you'll be doing is fast-traveling to get supplies, spamming the 'A' button a lot, and getting pissed that you can't *really* modify your home the way you want. Again, it's good for a n00b character, as you can build as you go and get materials on your travels. Otherwise, hold off.

I held off and got it this weekend for I believe 25% off... I know, I know, I should have finished this game already but I took a 90 day break from my XBOX because of my job. I have not started the hearthfire yet or dawnguard.

BTW, if anyone is still playing Skyrim and on the fence about the two pieces of DLC, get Dawnguard, and hold off on Hearthfire until it goes cheap. You get a *lot* of content with Dawnguard, but it's not readily apparent, as much of it is woven into the main game. But it does have some unique areas (Soul Carin, the Verde) that you can go back to at your leisure, with new and unique items and ingredients. Hearthfire is good if you're starting a brand new character, but if you're already established, all you'll be doing is fast-traveling to get supplies, spamming the 'A' button a lot, and getting pissed that you can't *really* modify your home the way you want. Again, it's good for a n00b character, as you can build as you go and get materials on your travels. Otherwise, hold off.

I held off and got it this weekend for I believe 25% off... I know, I know, I should have finished this game already but I took a 90 day break from my XBOX because of my job. I have not started the hearthfire yet or dawnguard.

New expansion incoming. Dec4 for xbox, and hopefully just before Christmas for PC. PS3 still out of luck for any DLC.

• Fire 1

New expansion incoming. Dec4 for xbox, and hopefully just before Christmas for PC. PS3 still out of luck for any DLC.

I will get this as well. I like the Elder scrolls series because I honestly feel like you get the most bang for your buck for a console series. I agree with Matt though that the PC versions are hands down better because of the Mods you can do on your own.

A few things on Skyrim--

One, for the PC version make sure you've got a beefy CPU--it needs a beefy CPU and RAM more than it does some mega-awesome $400 graphics card.

Two, don't procure Hearthfire on the PC--you can get the same via mods for free (via Steam Workshop, at any rate).

Three, if those areas in Dragonborn look familiar, it's because they're from Morrowind. If you'll recall, PC gamers cracked the game and found that the geography was already built for both Morrowind *and* Cyrodil in the game--they're just not skinned, so it's a bunch of blank geography. But the cities and landmarks are all there, in the base code. The DLC just skins the geography and adds quests...

...and Four, if you have time and money, pick up Morrowind on Steam and use the current mods to make it run and look great (better than Oblivion, at any rate). The game is still mother f*****g tougher than nails, but it's worth it--the game was easily the most imaginative and deep iteration of the series, and now that they've got it looking better (for free--thanks modding community), it's worth a Hamilton to jump in and see what kick-started Elder Scrolls on both PC and the original XBox.

I might have to end up buying a 360 version. I don't understand how it's so hard to release their DLC on PS3.

Its an issue with the shared memory system that the PS3 uses. Related to the slowdowns that many PS3 users had as their save file grew.

If you are going to get another version, I would recommend the PC version if you have the hardware to run it. The upgraded graphics and Steam Workshop alone are worth it. I had the PS3 version when it launched, and have since picked up a PC copy (Love the Steam sales)

I might have to end up buying a 360 version. I don't understand how it's so hard to release their DLC on PS3.

Its an issue with the shared memory system that the PS3 uses. Related to the slowdowns that many PS3 users had as their save file grew.

If you are going to get another version, I would recommend the PC version if you have the hardware to run it. The upgraded graphics and Steam Workshop alone are worth it. I had the PS3 version when it launched, and have since picked up a PC copy (Love the Steam sales)

Hopefully in the next year or so I'm looking to build/buy a sweet desktop, but as of right now it's not an option. I do agree with you though, PC would probably be the best way to go, if it were possible for me right now. No way could my laptop do it justice.