I keep getting killed by this one Giant. I tried to sneak up on him and a Mammoth trampled me to death. :ahhhhhhhh

Badgerfan, do you like the game so far? Besides that pesky Giant.... ;)

Oh yea, its like JK Rolling, and JR Tolkien had a kid and then that kid got really really high and made a game. You should get it!

Oh and that Giant is friggin 6 feet deep right now after Marf told me they're hydrophobics...

I keep getting killed by this one Giant. I tried to sneak up on him and a Mammoth trampled me to death. :ahhhhhhhh

Oh yea, its like JK Rolling, and JR Tolkien had a kid and then that kid got really really high and made a game. You should get it!

Oh and that Giant is friggin 6 feet deep right now after Marf told me they're hydrophobics...

Good info on the giants...tho I still haven't figured out how to down the mammoths. Holy crap they are tough...bad news in numbers also. :throw

Good info on the giants...tho I still haven't figured out how to down the mammoths. Holy crap they are tough...bad news in numbers also. :throw

Are you on one of the Companions' quests that brings you just past that camp with two giants and like 5 mammoths? I literally just finished that.

Buy a lot of arrows and harass them into chasing you, just keep running and jumping like crazy until you find a rock outcropping that you can stand on without them attacking you (I had to run for a while) Once they realize they can't attack you they'll slowly wander off one by one so you have to keep jumping down to attract them. In between jumps pump them full of arrows. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes total but it killed them all, then I went back and dealt with the Giants.

Are you on one of the Companions' quests that brings you just past that camp with two giants and like 5 mammoths? I literally just finished that.

Buy a lot of arrows and harass them into chasing you, just keep running and jumping like crazy until you find a rock outcropping that you can stand on without them attacking you (I had to run for a while) Once they realize they can't attack you they'll slowly wander off one by one so you have to keep jumping down to attract them. In between jumps pump them full of arrows. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes total but it killed them all, then I went back and dealt with the Giants.

Yup, that was it...cool, thx. Will head back there and give it another shot.

Oh just a heads up, as far as I can tell, dispatching the mammoths and giants isn't a requirement for the quest, you can easily avoid that encampment and keep moving toward the objective. It may be worth it though if you want all the loot from the camp.

Oh just a heads up, as far as I can tell, dispatching the mammoths and giants isn't a requirement for the quest, you can easily avoid that encampment and keep moving toward the objective. It may be worth it though if you want all the loot from the camp.

Kinda figured that, just having fun with the new things floating around the map...definitely enjoying Skyrim and all of the new stuff in it.

Just started playing it tonight, just got past the first dragon battle in the main quest.

Really unimpressed with the graphics to be honest. It looks pretty, but it looks like top-of-the-line from 2008 or 2009. For being late 2011, the visuals are not even close to what high-end rigs are capable of these days.

Just started playing it tonight, just got past the first dragon battle in the main quest.

Really unimpressed with the graphics to be honest. It looks pretty, but it looks like top-of-the-line from 2008 or 2009. For being late 2011, the visuals are not even close to what high-end rigs are capable of these days.

What are you playing on?

Anyhow I haven't even played a quest for the past couple hours. I'm just enjoying wandering around exploring. I've killed 2 randomly spawned Dragons. I think its kind of messed up that it takes more time and effort to kill a few mammoths and Giants than it does to kill a dragon but oh well...

It's a brand-new engine started in c.2008-2009. That's probably why.

Still, looks better than Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV did. Can't wait to see what they tweak visually for Fallout 4 when they reuse the engine.

What are you playing on?

Anyhow I haven't even played a quest for the past couple hours. I'm just enjoying wandering around exploring. I've killed 2 randomly spawned Dragons. I think its kind of messed up that it takes more time and effort to kill a few mammoths and Giants than it does to kill a dragon but oh well...

PC, everything turned up as high as it will go.

I watched my brother play it on PS3 for awhile. I wasnt really impressed.

Might be an aquired taste...I grew up playing Final Fantasy starting with the og Nintendo. I love rpg's more than anything. Now if SquareEnix would stop with the stupidity and put out a good FF, I'd be set for the next year in Afghanistan!

Or were you just commenting on the graphics?