Play call ???

HANC

totally expected the OP to be about the fourth down call at the end of the game...

I didn't want to "touch" that play... I am still undecided about the 4th down play... I honestly think that situation was no-win call unless it worked. A successful fg would have been a great call, a successful 4th down play would have been a great call, but it either failed, it would and is getting questioned...... Glad I didn't have to make that call.

I just felt the play I referred to was an unnecessary "risk" when we were moving the ball with our "base" look...

I enjoy reading everyone's opinions

One other thing to consider about PSU blowing up the second down play and us fumbling the ball - on more than one occasion, PSU's defensive line looked to have jumped the snap count on that formation. I'll have to rewatch that play, but the DT was into the backfield so fast that I can't imagine it was a simple matter of just missing the block. It's possible Burkhead was using a simple cadence and they were jumping it.

Again, purely speculative and going off of memory alone here having not seen it since yesterday.

I was about to post that. Rex had been under center a handful of times already and the DT appeared to jump the snap. I'll go back and watch as well but I would bet money that Rex used the same cadence each time...

Edit....just read the followup post...i would have been out money

One other thing to consider about PSU blowing up the second down play and us fumbling the ball - on more than one occasion, PSU's defensive line looked to have jumped the snap count on that formation. I'll have to rewatch that play, but the DT was into the backfield so fast that I can't imagine it was a simple matter of just missing the block. It's possible Burkhead was using a simple cadence and they were jumping it.

Again, purely speculative and going off of memory alone here having not seen it since yesterday.

I was about to post that. Rex had been under center a handful of times already and the DT appeared to jump the snap. I'll go back and watch as well but I would bet money that Rex used the same cadence each time...

Edit....just read the followup post...i would have been out money

Haha yeah..me too! Watching it in real time, though, the DT gets back there so fast that the first thing popping into your head is 'he must have jumped the snap count'! Nope! We just let him through like a warm knife through butter.