Way to early prediction

After the beat down this week, I find myself not as excited about the rest of this season, atleast until we find out who we play in the bowl game. So I started looking forward to next season and decided to give a prediction for the Regular Season.

Date Opponent Site AP Rank W/L

NU/Opp

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln W

09/08 UCLA Pasadena W

09/15 Arkansas State Lincoln W Pretty easy non- conference

09/22 ? W

09/29 #Wisconsin Lincoln W They lose Ball and Wilson and game is at home

10/06 #Ohio State Columbus L Can't beat mobile QB (especially if meyer is coach

and in Columbus

10/13 Bye?

10/20 #Northwestern Evanston W Get revenge from 2011 in close game

10/27 #Michigan Lincoln L Still can't beat mobile Qb Robinson

11/03 #Michigan St. E. Lansing W They lose Cousins.

11/10 #Penn State Lincoln W New coaching staff. Home game.

11/17 #Minnesota Lincoln W Closer than expected

11/23 #Iowa Iowa City W Ferentz won't last long as a coach.

Big 10 Championship: (I bet Michigan goes) Not played.

Overall record before bowl game 9-2 with A BCS bowl (though we won't deserve it).

Your thoughts?

After the beat down this week, I find myself not as excited about the rest of this season, atleast until we find out who we play in the bowl game. So I started looking forward to next season and decided to give a prediction for the Regular Season.

NU/Opp

09/08 UCLA Pasadena W

09/22 ? W

and in Columbus

10/13 Bye?

Overall record before bowl game 9-2 with A BCS bowl (though we won't deserve it).

Your thoughts?

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

My biggest fear next year is a lot of teams will be able to score often on us. We loose Dennard and David and there is no one even close to that talent level to replace them. Who shuts down the other teams star receiver? Who makes the majority of the tackles at the linebacker position? Those 2 make about 65% of the stops currently. Taylor M will see continued improvement but he will never be a quality Qb. He can't consistently make the throws that a team needs to move the ball down the field. I'm not sure we even made one first down on a 3rd down play today. He is blazing fast but must enjoy being tackled because he can't avoid anyone in the open field. Burkhead will have another great year and I pray he avoids injury.

Next year for me, 9-3 would be optimistic and if the Bowl gods are kind 10-3 to end the season. 8-5 wouldn't surprize me one bit though.

im taking a trip next year, where should i go, im 19 i would be 20 next year, either UCLA, Northwestern, or the Shoe? im in Ann Arbor now and stopped in Chi town for a few days so i might not go to northwestern, but what does everyone think!?

If I were you I'd go to UCLA just to see the Rose Bowl (but hey if NU's good enough you may end up there in the future anyhow). I'd say the Shoe but you will have other chances to see that...Northwestern would be last of those three in my book.

im taking a trip next year, where should i go, im 19 i would be 20 next year, either UCLA, Northwestern, or the Shoe? im in Ann Arbor now and stopped in Chi town for a few days so i might not go to northwestern, but what does everyone think!?

being a faaarr west coast guy anytime they come west i try go...... if i was you i would book it to UCLA.... pasadena is kinda lame but being in socal can be fun.. come a few days early and drive over to vegas and then head back to the game or perhaps the other way around.... lots of trouble you can get into trouble over there.... i think of it as a good thing... you may not.... also im heading to that game too so you gootta cum now

My biggest fear next year is a lot of teams will be able to score often on us. We loose Dennard and David and there is no one even close to that talent level to replace them. Who shuts down the other teams star receiver? Who makes the majority of the tackles at the linebacker position? Those 2 make about 65% of the stops currently. Taylor M will see continued improvement but he will never be a quality Qb. He can't consistently make the throws that a team needs to move the ball down the field. I'm not sure we even made one first down on a 3rd down play today. He is blazing fast but must enjoy being tackled because he can't avoid anyone in the open field. Burkhead will have another great year and I pray he avoids injury.

Next year for me, 9-3 would be optimistic and if the Bowl gods are kind 10-3 to end the season. 8-5 wouldn't surprize me one bit though.

Teams go through this same thing each and every year. Last year we lost Prince, Gomes, and Hagg and it is taking us a while to get back. Yes, we will lose the 2 best players on our D, but we also keep Compton who has come up big in recent weeks. And who knows if Santos comes in next year and is dynamite at LB, or if Zaire Anderson is the next Lavonte, or if that Siesay kid comes here and becomes an instant impact player at CB. Even if he doesn't, I feel pretty good about the CB position with Andrew Green coming on late, SJB showing a flash or two of being really good, and Ciante playing pretty well the last couple weeks.

On top of it, the D-Line will have a lot of guys such as Chase Rome, Baker Steinkuhler, Thad Randle, Jay Guy, Todd Peat, Cam Meredith, Eric Martin, Joe Carter, Jason Ankrah, and any other guys that might step up next year.

Unlike most, I see a lot of good things coming out of next year. Lots more experience and depth than we have this year. My only question mark would be at O-Line, but we will see what happens there...

NU/Opp

09/08 UCLA Pasadena W

09/22 ? W

and in Columbus

10/13 Bye?

Your thoughts?

Arkansas St will be closer then anyone thinks. The team will come out and play an uninspired game. They will be unmotivated just like when SDSU came here last year.

Northwestern will be a trap game. Even with the bye the week before. The team will over look them, looking forward to the Michigan game the next week.

Minnesota will be another close game because of the team will probably be sleep walking through that one also.

That is two home games and one road game that will be closer then thay should be, or outright losses. I hope I'm wrong but they would be games that seem to fit the pattern that Nebraska has fallen into the last couple of years.

Teams go through this same thing each and every year. Last year we lost Prince, Gomes, and Hagg and it is taking us a while to get back. Yes, we will lose the 2 best players on our D, but we also keep Compton who has come up big in recent weeks. And who knows if Santos comes in next year and is dynamite at LB, or if Zaire Anderson is the next Lavonte, or if that Siesay kid comes here and becomes an instant impact player at CB. Even if he doesn't, I feel pretty good about the CB position with Andrew Green coming on late, SJB showing a flash or two of being really good, and Ciante playing pretty well the last couple weeks.

On top of it, the D-Line will have a lot of guys such as Chase Rome, Baker Steinkuhler, Thad Randle, Jay Guy, Todd Peat, Cam Meredith, Eric Martin, Joe Carter, Jason Ankrah, and any other guys that might step up next year.

Unlike most, I see a lot of good things coming out of next year. Lots more experience and depth than we have this year. My only question mark would be at O-Line, but we will see what happens there...

Believe me I have drank red Kool-aid for 50 years and very little about this team excites me for next year. A Jr College linebacker must be exceptional (David) to come in and excell in D1. I don't think any freshman or Jr college player DB can master the intricacies of the Pelini defense in 4 weeks of fall ball. They simply have never been exposed to that degree of skill. Our D Line might improve...certainly over what it was today...with the redshirted players coming in. I'm not as excited about our D ends.

Offensively, if Taylor M gets hurt who will run this offense? No one has been groomed to take his place. You think Bo will let a freshman run the show? I doubt it. We loose 3 O linemen and while we have recruited talent, it has no experience. We have a crop of receivers that have all had dropsies all year. We'll be middle of the road in the Big 10 (2nd or 3rd in our division) and lucky to be in the top 20 nationally.