twitter hate.....

irieboy8

has got to stop..............

there are lots of things you can do about the loss but to go on twitter and attack these young men is just wrong!!!

in this day and age of FB and twitter i think comments like this can go along way in how these young kids feel and can even in some case change the perception that players feel about our school and this could even filter down to recruits.....

• Fire 1

People shouldn't be communicating with players on Twitter, period. It's creepy and could open-up compliance issues. If you see a player's tweet relayed via a media member, fine, but stay the hell away from those guys directly.

i cant speak for others but i use twitters to communicate info regarding my HS water polo team i coach... i am a follower of some of the players but never communicate with them... but i dont know if its really that bad.. i think maybe with potential recruits it would be a prob... but the point of twitter is to go out and communicate i assume with friends and others.......

People shouldn't be communicating with players on Twitter, period. It's creepy and could open-up compliance issues. If you see a player's tweet relayed via a media member, fine, but stay the hell away from those guys directly.

i cant speak for others but i use twitters to communicate info regarding my HS water polo team i coach... i am a follower of some of the players but never communicate with them... but i dont know if its really that bad.. i think maybe with potential recruits it would be a prob... but the point of twitter is to go out and communicate i assume with friends and others.......

I meant fans chatting with players. If you actually know the players, that's one thing. Otherwise people need to stay away. That's why I think UNL compliance should require players to have their twitter accounts private for just friends, other players, media, etc. I know some guys like BK or E-Mart love killing time with it, but it's just inviting problems like the one mentioned in the OP.

Goes to show how focused our players are...

^ yeah, how dare they use Twitter...

I bet they even use facebook....and maybe e-mail...

;)

Seriously though, don't go attacking our boys on twitter. That's our team that we cheer for. Taking out frustration over a sports loss on college kids...

Goes to show how focused our players are...

life goes on.... after all its night time and i think twitter and FB is part of these kids lexicon.... its just what they do... dont mean they are not unfocused unless they twitting at practice or when they should be studying... as long as its not an obsession i dont know if there is anything too bad... besides id rather have our guys tweeting about goofy guy stuff at night then raging in bars....

I meant fans chatting with players. If you actually know the players, that's one thing. Otherwise people need to stay away. That's why I think UNL compliance should require players to have their twitter accounts private for just friends, other players, media, etc. I know some guys like BK or E-Mart love killing time with it, but it's just inviting problems like the one mentioned in the OP.

gotcha!

:power