BIG 10 factoid (NU schedule)

Meh, yes the big ten gave us the toughest schedule they could (the only way it could have been tougher is if they all would have been on the road), but it wasn't a murderers row. Its not like we had to play A&M, Okie St., OU, and Texas.

We just weren't that good this year.

I guess that is a possible takeaway just not one I would make. Those 4 tougher than tOSU, MSU, PSU, & UM? I don't see it. Maybe if you also throw in the Big 12 version of "and don't let the door hit you in the arse" officiating.

Last year's TAMU, TX, OK, and OSU were a collectively much better than OSU, MU, MSU, and PSU this year.

Or, in other words, how would you like to have seen this 2011 Defense against those 2010 offenses? Or 2011 offenses for that matter.

That is a loaded question. I'm fearful of this years defense facing anybody. You don't even have to crack the top 25 for that to be a little more than scary.

But it has nothing to do with which group of 4 are better are better this year. I won't put up a big argument with anybody that claims it's aTm,T,OU, & Okie Lite, I just think the 4 B1G's would be tougher to get through. That may be skewed by the fact I believe both our lines are not up to snuff. I think that hurts a little more in the B1G than it would in the 12.

The big 10 fans also know that the big ten is HORRIBLE this year. They have even said this is the orst its been in the past 20 years. I know its tough to not drink the kool aid but it wouldnt have been that impressive if we beat all of them. We beat ohio state when Tressell had to step down and they had 6 starters suspended, we beat penn state with all the drama going on there and they got murked by alabama, we beat michigan state, who lost to a notre dame team and a Michigan team thats good but inconsistent like us. Big ten is probably the 5th best conference right now. Also, that would leave only Iowa and Wisconsin as the only good programs left in the conference that could play those four schools and if i remember correctly, wisconsin and iowa have rarely really played all 4 schools in the same year when they had really good seasons. I did some looking up and two years ago iowa lost in OT to OSU but beat the 3 other teams. Wisconsin has only played all four teams twice since 2002 and iowa has played all four teams four times. Iowa beat 3/4 one year and wisconsin beat 3/4 one year.

Last year NU had the chance to beat Texas, TAMU, and OK in the same year and they didn't do that either.

I don't mind losses. I do mind getting whipped. And NU has gotten whipped twice and lost, essentially, to the Legends version of IA ST.

the NW lost was particularly exposing for this team....reminded me of the 2nd Washington game last season......we never showed up.

Interesting fact, I just read that no team in history of the Big Ten has ever beaten OSU, MSU, PSU and MU in the same year. NU had a chance to do it but did not. I think as new fans to the Big Ten we did not realize how brutal a schedule we were given this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/39429/tough-to-tell-where-nebraska-is-headed

The thing you have to remember is the rest of the teams are not as strong as those 4 so that Leaves Iowa and Wisconsin as teams of substance the rest could not accomplish that in 100 tries, but having said that we had a tough road, and we looked pretty pathetic at times, but we also won 8 games....weird season....

I will say and I considered making a thread on this but watch Mike Martin ...only focusing on him when we had the ball, he absolutely changed that game by himself, Choi did not have the quickness to stay in front of him and Caputo just got manhandled against him, and Long was tossed aside as well.... On one play he lined up at MLB and he blitzed and Burkhead had the task of slowing him down... well Rex lost that battle pretty quickly of course.....another DL beast in the B1G 10!! ....but he was a factor in 80% of the plays and he wreaked havoc on Martinez, hitting him again and again. On good plays it was no coincidence he was often on the sidelines getting a breather.....he killed us, the other 3 lineman were really not that impressive. This is what has been missing from our defense....difference maker on the DL. :(

Getting the win over UM would have been a feather in our caps for sure. The loss to NW sure was a downer which I personally will take credit for and I apologize! I attended that game and I'm sorry to say NU has lost the last 4 games in which I was in the stadium. I promise to never be in the stands again!

^ this for me as well but for most of the Texas games the past couple of years :/