Nice job PAC-12

HSKR

With USC not eligible for the championship game, it's possible with one week left in the regular season that a 6-6 team could play in the conference championship game. Too bad USC can't play it, because I would love to see them and Stanford or Oregon go at it again.

How is this the Pac-12's fault? USC can't play in postseason games as a result of their NCAA probation.

With USC not eligible for the championship game, it's possible with one week left in the regular season that a 6-6 team could play in the conference championship game. Too bad USC can't play it, because I would love to see them and Stanford or Oregon go at it again.

How is this the Pac-12's fault? USC can't play in postseason games as a result of their NCAA probation.

It's their fault that the of the rest of the teams in the south division suck. You would think a conference with the quality of teams that the PAC-12 has, the second option in a division would have 8 or 9 wins (see SEC or BIG). This is the worst case scenario that TO was always worried about when the Big 12 started playing championship games. If the good team, Oregon or Stanford wins there is nothing positive to gain from beating a 6-6 team(if that happens). On the other hand if the 6-6 team pulls the upset, you end up having a 7-6 team going to a BCS game.

Well, Colorado did their part by beating Utah. UCLA is now the the PAC-12 south champ no matter what the outcome of the USC game is. If Southern Cal wins the south champ will be 6-6. The funny thing is because they now play in the championship game, they may lose bowl eligibility because losing that game could put them at 6-7, lol. UCLA would then need to get a waiver from the NCAA to play in a bowl at 6-7.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/ucla/post/_/id/8941/pac-12-south-champs-not-ensured-a-bowl

The funny thing is because they now play in the championship game, they may lose bowl eligibility because losing that game could put them at 6-7, lol.

Well...we have a system where 6-6 teams go to a bowl, and since UCLA is "by not fault of their own" (lol) playing in the Pac-12 title game, they should have a strong petition to play in bowl.

Kinda like KSUcks last year(?) beat NU and they go to the CCG, lose (which they did) and they were not bowl eligible because granny snyder played too many small schools

Mizzou would have gone instead of us in that case, they were tied with us at 6-2 in the north.

He's thinking of 2 seasons ago when we played KSU toward the end of the schedule. And if I remember correctly, their schedule wasn't snyder's fault. It was already in place from the old coach.

Kinda like KSUcks last year(?) beat NU and they go to the CCG, lose (which they did) and they were not bowl eligible because granny snyder played too many small schools

Mizzou would have gone instead of us in that case, they were tied with us at 6-2 in the north.

He's thinking of 2 seasons ago when we played KSU toward the end of the schedule. And if I remember correctly, their schedule wasn't snyder's fault. It was already in place from the old coach.

So? these were FCS schools not FBS. they screwed themselves over for playing 4 of the FCS schools to begin with. You are only allowed 1 max that counts.

It's their fault that the of the rest of the teams in the south division suck. You would think a conference with the quality of teams that the PAC-12 has, the second option in a division would have 8 or 9 wins (see SEC or BIG). This is the worst case scenario that TO was always worried about when the Big 12 started playing championship games. If the good team, Oregon or Stanford wins there is nothing positive to gain from beating a 6-6 team(if that happens). On the other hand if the 6-6 team pulls the upset, you end up having a 7-6 team going to a BCS game.

Wati til USC is off probation and start racking up South Division titles. They will be OU of the Pac 12 always winning it. Oregon will probably be the only consistent team in the North and once Luck is gone from Stanford they will fall back to mediocrity.

Wati til USC is off probation and start racking up South Division titles. They will be OU of the Pac 12 always winning it. Oregon will probably be the only consistent team in the North and once Luck is gone from Stanford they will fall back to mediocrity.

I would agree with that, I think once they get off probation they could be as good as they were with Carroll, well that is if Kiffin doesn't do something like that himself. Going to be a lot of program turnover in the south division with UCLA, Arizona and ASU all firing coaches. If CU doesn't turn it around next season, I am guessing they will be looking for a new coach as well.