Yeah, I doubt we will go out and find a coordinator. Probably just a promotion from within, which I'm sure will turn out well.

Who do we promote Raymond or Els? They haven't been on the staff for even a year yet?

My guess is Papuchis will be promoted to DC. Then Bo will have to hire a DL coach.

I hope your right. Otherwise Carl might take him to FAU as well.

Just look at the names on some of the facilities around campus. Cook Pavillion, Hawkes Field, there are two major donors. And there are plenty more. However, Buffet gives money to the University, not to the athletic programs. Funny to some people there are more important things when getting an education than athletics.

Um, while you're looking at names around campus, you need to check out the Buffet line at the Training Table. Coincidence? I think not.

Clevah Clevah! ROFLOL

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Meyer has already hired/retained Fickell as Defensive Coordinator. They would be looking at Stoops as a position assistant. I'm guessing either Bo handles the defense or hires Stoops....and I don't see Stoops taking a position assistant job at OSU over a DC job at Nebraska.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Meyer has already hired/retained Fickell as Defensive Coordinator. They would be looking at Stoops as a position assistant. I'm guessing either Bo handles the defense or hires Stoops....and I don't see Stoops taking a position assistant job at OSU over a DC job at Nebraska.

This is why I said I thought Stoops comes here before he goes to OSU.

Get this: Mike Stoops was a candidate for the FAU job too! Carl beat him out!!! Interesting!!

"Former Arizona coach Mike Stoops was among the candidates Carl Pelini beat out for the FAU job, Schad reports. Stoops confirmed he has had discussions with new Ohio State coach Urban Meyer about a position on the Buckeyes staff. It will be interesting if Bo Pelini makes a push for Stoops, his close friend, for the Huskers' vacancy."

I wonder if they passed on Stoops because he was fired??

All the news reports out there are saying that Stoops is being considered at tOSU as co-DC. So he'd share duties with Fickell.

Schnellenberger isn't he the guy that ruined OU.

No. He was only there 1 year. You might be thinking of John Blake. He was there 3 years and never had a winning season.

I think the argument could be made that Switzer ruined OU, but that would be a longer discussion involving guns and drugs and uninvestigated LOIC.

Instead we can just pin it all on Gary Gibbs and get back to our Carl conversation.

But you have to admit that there's a certain symmetry to the fact that Schnellenberger is the guy who beat us in 1983, and he's succeeded at his final coaching gig by a Nebraska coach. That or the coaching fraternity is just a small community. Whatever.

This is why I said I thought Stoops comes here before he goes to OSU.

Oh! I forgot about Fickell being the DC at tOSU. Yeah, I don't think Stoops would 'stoop' (sorry couldn't resist! lol) to being a position assistant when he could be the DC at Nebraska. A DC position at NU would give him much more prestige in the future than he would get as a position coach at tOSU.

All the news reports out there are saying that Stoops is being considered at tOSU as co-DC. So he'd share duties with Fickell.

If you were Stoops would you accept a 'co-DC position' at tOSU when you could have the whole job yourself at Nebraska? It will be interesting if Stoops does come here. Can you see Mike and Bo yelling their heads off at each other on the side lines!

Buffet gives little to no money to the athetic dept (he is a booster though) or University. I had a marketing professor go on a 30 minute rant about the issue. She claimed that the Business school was ready to name the place after him, but no money, thus no Buffet College of Business Adminstration.

Interesting!