The team I want to see every time.

True2tRA

This Iowa game was impressive. This is the team we need to see take the field every time. I was blown away from the first offensive snap. You could completely see this team was motivated. I've questioned the motivation, the chemistry, and the heart at points this year. Mainly when we are losing. This game proved to me that when these guys want it, they can take it. They have another level. It shouldn't take a Senior day to bring it out, but I am glad that these guys cared enough for their senior class to bring everything they got today. Not only the effort was there, but we were helping each other up off the turf, we were celebrating as a team, we just really looked like one solid group of guys. Keep building off of games like this and we will build a great team. Remember, not only on senior day are you honoring the old men on this team, but every time you take the field you are representing the Huskers that played before you. It means something and don't forget it.

Really? I thought we started out very bad on offense and committed stupid penalties that stopped a lot of drives.

Don't get me wrong, this was a well played game, especially defensively. But it still leaves a lot of room to improve.

Hahaha, so? what are you expecting? A touchdown every possession? I'll take 27-20 points a game every time so as long as the defense is only giving up 14 or less

Really? I thought we started out very bad on offense and committed stupid penalties that stopped a lot of drives.

Don't get me wrong, this was a well played game, especially defensively. But it still leaves a lot of room to improve.

Hahaha, so? what are you expecting? A touchdown every possession?

Yes....

But in all seriousness, cleaner execution would be nice.

Have to be honest here but Iowa, no matter what kind of deluded world they may live in, is not that good of a football team. I can't really judge from this game whether I'm impressed of not. The victory is great...especially against Iowa...but the fact is that with Coker not at 100% and double coverage all day on the only receiver Vandenberg looks for it's hard to tell much from this game. I did notice that for the most part Iowa's line pushed the Husker D-line back and also noticed that the Husker Offense made a pretty mediocre Iowa defense look decent.

Really hard to get a handle on the offense or defense against this opponent.

Nice win though, regardless.

Yes....

I can tell you don't coach football of any kind. Which is ok. Its just that expecting the offense to score every possession is ridiculous. Now if you wanted to say, that you expect them to pick up a first down or maybe 2 each possession that is acceptable. I would love for a touchdown to be scored every play that I call for my football team but, I only expect 4 yards each play, on average. which is what I expect out of nebraska as well....sure we'll have big plays but when we have to punt I won't get mad like alot of people I know will do.

Yes....

I can tell you don't coach football of any kind. Which is ok. Its just that expecting the offense to score every possession is ridiculous. Now if you wanted to say, that you expect them to pick up a first down or maybe 2 each possession that is acceptable. I would love for a touchdown to be scored every play that I call for my football team but, I only expect 4 yards each play, on average. which is what I expect out of nebraska as well....sure we'll have big plays but when we have to punt I won't get mad like alot of people I know will do.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I won't pretend to know it all because I don't, and I agree with what you are saying for the most part.

What I'm saying is that the first 2 or 3 possessions were halted by stupid penalties that were reminiscent of last year, forcing us to punt. We moved the ball all game long, but there is definitely room to improve from this game in terms of focus and execution IMO.

We played good, but I just wowed with how we played on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively, we played really well, although I would have loved to see a shutout.

It helps when you're head and shoulders better than the team you're playing against...

If we're head and shoulders better than Iowa then we're head and shoulders better than Michigan but they just got lucky.

Nah, Michigan's loss to Iowa was like our loss to Northwestern. Both were letdowns by the better team.

I think we're pretty evenly-matched with Michigan - but they played one of their best games of the year, and we played our worst game of the year.

Discipline is the word i think we are looking for here. I'm starting too notice Bo's teams lack in this department more than i realized.

Penalties, bone headed play's, not reading our key's, going at half pace.

These things have plagued us all year.

Those and Carl's inability too devise a defensive scheme that can stop a running QB like we ran into at Michigan and Wisconsin.

Over all on offense we made strides. but we took some steps back on defense this year.

Have to be honest here but Iowa, no matter what kind of deluded world they may live in, is not that good of a football team. I can't really judge from this game whether I'm impressed of not. The victory is great...especially against Iowa...but the fact is that with Coker not at 100% and double coverage all day on the only receiver Vandenberg looks for it's hard to tell much from this game. I did notice that for the most part Iowa's line pushed the Husker D-line back and also noticed that the Husker Offense made a pretty mediocre Iowa defense look decent.

Really hard to get a handle on the offense or defense against this opponent.

Nice win though, regardless.

I don't think it was double coverage all day on McNutt. There was some, but I thought it was mostly one-on-one with Dennard.