Herman Cain on the way out

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57332967-503544/herman-cain-reassessing-candidacy-after-affair-claim/

Sounds like he is going down. He has now been accused of a 13 year long affair. As with most of these things it is hard to separate truth from perception, even if this were to be proven false people would always carry that with him, the media would bring up the "Cain, accused of infidlity", etc. Well at least one is finally getting out of the way, less than a year to go and should start to get interesting....

I'm not disappointed that Cain's dropping out--he strikes me as a buffoon. But I am disappointed that the reason might--and I stress might--be that he's tried in a court of public opinion with no hard evidence substantiating any of these claims. Now, personally, I would not be shocked at all if every bit of it turned out to be true, but for people to pretend like it's verified fact when really it's nothing but allegations is unfortunate. I don't think he had much of a shot at the nomination, anyway, so I guess in the end it doesn't amount to much either way.

I'm not disappointed that Cain's dropping out--he strikes me as a buffoon. But I am disappointed that the reason might--and I stress might--be that he's tried in a court of public opinion with no hard evidence substantiating any of these claims. Now, personally, I would not be shocked at all if every bit of it turned out to be true, but for people to pretend like it's verified fact when really it's nothing but allegations is unfortunate. I don't think he had much of a shot at the nomination, anyway, so I guess in the end it doesn't amount to much either way.

There isn't just a little mudslinging smoke coming from the Cain camp...it's a jamboree size bonfire at this point. Of course with the twice divorced Newtster now leading in the non-Romney sector you really have to wonder who cares, perhaps affairs may even be a bonus to prove you're definitely not gay.

It was entertaining while it lasted.

And, for what it's worth.................a close acquaintance totally dialed into the whole D.C. network tells me that even Herman was surprised the way the whole campaign took off.

He was basically on a book selling tour that ignited and morphed into a campaign. Which would explain why his staff seemed so unprepared in so many ways.

And, for what it's worth.................a close acquaintance totally dialed into the whole D.C. network tells me that even Herman was surprised the way the whole campaign took off.

I have long thought that Obama's 2008 campaign was merely intended to "get his feet wet" in the presidential arena, and not intended, at first, to be a full-on run at the White House. I think his message of Change resonated with people, and his good looks and speaking ability took the country by storm. I have nothing whatsoever to back this up with, just an opinion, but I think Obama was as surprised as anyone that he was a front-runner.

I have long thought that Obama's 2008 campaign was merely intended to "get his feet wet" in the presidential arena, and not intended, at first, to be a full-on run at the White House. I think his message of Change resonated with people, and his good looks and speaking ability took the country by storm. I have nothing whatsoever to back this up with, just an opinion, but I think Obama was as surprised as anyone that he was a front-runner.

I have heard this as well. I think he was testing the waters, and once the Media decided Hilary wasn't there man, off he went, also his natural charm didn't hurt as well.

The man should have known these problems were gonna come up.

Yeah, although I think the harassment claims could of been overcome (Billy C anyone), but this will be to much...

Obama had the funding and backing of George Soros and his MoveOn orgainzation... they were in it to win from the start.