Recruiting for 2012-Determing the Best Choices

I've always been fascinated by this whole process. I was looking around the net on the topic and ran into this article. It was written back in April of this year: The Best/Worst of Recruiting & Developing NFL Draft PicksRecruiting & Developing NFL Draft Picks

http://collegefootballmatrix.wordpress.com/articles-2/the-bestworst-of-recruiting-developing-nfl-draft-picks/

In looking at the matrix we look pretty good over all but were we? I know we were at the bottom but we're mentioned nationally?

Anyway, I would like your take on how Bo can attract recruits to our school. Since we don't recruit heavily out of the B1G we're going to be able to tap into kids from other places like Texas, the South (LA/Bama/SC/etc.), around our own house (NE/CO/MO/KS/IA) and then the coasts especially CA/ARZ.

Also, of the kids that have made verbal comits who would you most like to see us join the Huskers for the 2012-2013 year? Also, is there anyone out there that you've heard is really good that we would have a chance bringing here?

Bill Callahan was a pretty good talent evaluator. He and his staff were good at targeting athletes with the ability to play at the next level. However, he and his staff struggled with development and often played guys out of position. Pelini and his staff are much better equipped to develop guys and put them in the best positions to succeed.

However, can Pelini and his staff actually recruit those athletes to Nebraska consistently?

Recruiting is sales, nothing more.

We have a great product, all around. We are down some and that should make it easier to sell the product.

We need a more positive image on TV, not only in wins and well played games, but antics need to dissappear.

We need to go after the top talent, do not think for some reason they are looking at us. We need to pursue the hunted and not take no for answer until it is a proven no. You never get anywhere if you do not close the deal, always be closing, every opportunity. Being an old Marine Corps recruiter, I have heard no a plenty. Does not cut, you do not bleed, you do not hurt from the word No.

I think we are down this year. Stars are not that important overall, but the more you have the more they will come. SEE SC.

We need to go after the very best, set our sights there, and then if they fall take second or third, but never stay away because we are afraid they will not be interested. Make them interested.

we need to consistently be in the top 12 recruiting classes every year, anything less make it a crap shoot.

When have we ever had consistent top 12 recruiting classes? Three NC in the 90's says you're wrong. As long as we're consistently in the top 25-30, we'll be just fine.

this ain't the 90s. Times have changed. We don't need top-5 classes, but we've been in that 25-30 range and even higher, and we're not playing for a conference title.