B1G Championship Game

GM_Tood

Congrats to both teams tonight. They fought hard to the very end. It was quite an entertaining inaugural B1G CCG.

Best of luck to Wiscy in the Rose. If I'm Bielema, I'm studying the USC/Oregon game film with particular interest in how Monte Kiffin defended Oregon's offense in the first half. Wiscy's offense should be fine against Oregon's defense. The real question is, can Wiscy's defense keep up with Oregon's no-huddle attack?

Congrats to both teams tonight. They fought hard to the very end. It was quite an entertaining inaugural B1G CCG.

Best of luck to Wiscy in the Rose. If I'm Bielema, I'm studying the USC/Oregon game film with particular interest in how Monte Kiffin defended Oregon's offense in the first half. Wiscy's offense should be fine against Oregon's defense. The real question is, can Wiscy's defense keep up with Oregon's no-huddle attack?

No.

No.

Don't sell yourselves short. The advantage of having a month to prepare for Oregon helps you a ton. It helped Ohio State in 2009 and Auburn in 2010. It's a lot harder to prepare for Oregon in a week versus a month.

If ever there was a team that could slow down Oregon (besides LSU/Alabama), it's Wisconsin and their o-line/running attack. It's probably the Best defense against that team, keeping them off the field.

Also James as a RB is just fast, he's not big or powerful. If he's slowed down he's ineffective, if he gets space he can outrace just about anyone. Oregon's passing game hasn't looked as good as last years.

No.

Don't sell yourselves short. The advantage of having a month to prepare for Oregon helps you a ton. It helped Ohio State in 2009 and Auburn in 2010. It's a lot harder to prepare for Oregon in a week versus a month.

Preparation in that manner isn't necessary. Discipline to keeping on your assignments is all it took for Ohio State to dismantle Oregon's offense. If Wiscy doesn't try to get fancy on defense, they'll win.

Boo hoo, we lost on a fluke last time so we win by a hair this time. I'll root for MSU whoever they play, same with OSU and NU and even Minnesota if they ever got a bowl.

Man up and back your f'ing conference.

Congrats to the Badgers on going the the Rose Bowl... I'm really down right now in that Sparty won't be able to make the trip to Pasadena, but wish the Badgers success in bringing back a Rose Bowl win !!! That's gotta get done this year. Ya hear me Badgers !!!!!!!

Sparty had their chances, but the freshman RB (Hill) fumble on the Kickoff return hurt quite a bit... Worse was the coaching call for a 'Block punt' resulting in that flag late in the game... That call by Dantonio wasn't needed (and I think he knows it...).

Again, now is the time for us to buckle up and get the job done in winning our Bowl Games. As Badgerfan mentioned, the one thing the B1G now does is root for our conference in all the Bowl games we're in... It's been like this forever in the Big 10 Conference.

Truly a great Conference Champ. game and was fitting for two excellent and well fought battles by Sparty and the Badgers.

Go Green... Go White !!!!

It was a great game GreenandWhite. I can't imagine the Big Ten could've asked for a much better game. Good luck in your bowl game.

You guys are gonna kill Oregon.

IF we can slow down their offense. IMO it's going to come down to slowing the game down and eating clock. I think we can do that with our offense. Should be a great game.

Boo hoo, we lost on a fluke last time so we win by a hair this time. I'll root for MSU whoever they play, same with OSU and NU and even Minnesota if they ever got a bowl.

Man up and back your f'ing conference.

Congrats to the Badgers on going the the Rose Bowl... I'm really down right now in that Sparty won't be able to make the trip to Pasadena, but wish the Badgers success in bringing back a Rose Bowl win !!! That's gotta get done this year. Ya hear me Badgers !!!!!!!

Sparty had their chances, but the freshman RB (Hill) fumble on the Kickoff return hurt quite a bit... Worse was the coaching call for a 'Block punt' resulting in that flag late in the game... That call by Dantonio wasn't needed (and I think he knows it...).

Again, now is the time for us to buckle up and get the job done in winning our Bowl Games. As Badgerfan mentioned, the one thing the B1G now does is root for our conference in all the Bowl games we're in... It's been like this forever in the Big 10 Conference.

Truly a great Conference Champ. game and was fitting for two excellent and well fought battles by Sparty and the Badgers.

Go Green... Go White !!!!

Thanks GreenandWhite, there was no one I wanted to play more in the CCG than Michigan State and the Badger-Spartan game next year is the one I'm looking forward to the most. You guys have a great team and even if that punt block call may have been a little off you've got some of the best and guttsiest coaching around. I love playing you all.

I'm sure Bielema will have the Badgers ready to play in Pasadena (honestly not convinced we can win though) and I'll be pulling for the Spartans in whatever bowl you end up getting...

It was a great game GreenandWhite. I can't imagine the Big Ten could've asked for a much better game. Good luck in your bowl game.

You guys are gonna kill Oregon.

IF we can slow down their offense. IMO it's going to come down to slowing the game down and eating clock. I think we can do that with our offense. Should be a great game.

If we play Wisconsin football we can win. RUN THE BALL. I don't understand why Chryst doesn't get that. He always tries to change stuff up for big games and be a team we haven't been all season. TCU last year was a perfect example. Every time we ran down the middle we'd get a big gain but Chryst decided he'd play to TCU's strengths and run to the outside and pour on the pass. Stupid. I don't have much confidence in his ability to win a big bowl.

No.

Preparation in that manner isn't necessary. Discipline to keeping on your assignments is all it took for Ohio State to dismantle Oregon's offense. If Wiscy doesn't try to get fancy on defense, they'll win.

Understood, but part of playing disciplined assignment football against a team like Oregon is having a month to prepare for it through repetition, repetition, repetition. You're gonna get more reps in a month than you are in a week. Since Wiscy hasn't seen an offense like Oregon they'll need as much time as possible to prepare for it.

If we play Wisconsin football we can win. RUN THE BALL. I don't understand why Chryst doesn't get that. He always tries to change stuff up for big games and be a team we haven't been all season. TCU last year was a perfect example. Every time we ran down the middle we'd get a big gain but Chryst decided he'd play to TCU's strengths and run to the outside and pour on the pass. Stupid. I don't have much confidence in his ability to win a big bowl.

One of the most flabbergasting games I've ever watched. Wisconsin could have easily blown TCU off that field but for whatever reason had a bad case of 'over thinking'.

It reminded me of the Ohio State/LSU game after the 07 season. Beanie was just abusing the Tigers, they were completely unable to stop him but the coaches decided to use him less and less as the game went on.