Nebraska would win a NC once every 3 years if..

We got leach as our offensive coordinator and gave him total control while Bo just focused on the defense. That combo would be devastate our opponents and we would average 35 pts a game while giving up 10. Leach will turn Washington State around, just watch! We should all chip to help build a pirate ship on the Missouri River to convince Leach to be our offensive coach...or just give up the bball program so bo and leach could become co-head coaches ;). (I am being sarcastic about giving up the bball program.)

Doesnt' Leach need a throwing QB? Because according to this board our starting QB is crappy thrower and our back up QB who's future is up in the air, is the greatest QB to never show anything on the field. Maybe Bronson Marsh would fill that role, moving back to QB from DB

Well, im sure he could recruit one or find a way. Its Leach, the offensive guru! Although, i definately get what youre saying. I hope they work on Martinez mechanics in the offseason.

Great offenses that win championships RUN the ball, not throw it. When you need to punch it in from the 2-yd line, you run it. Even Oregon's offense has showed that this area is the fall-off of a spread offense. They fail to convert in tight situations. So no thanks. I'm content with the path that we are on.

• Fire 1

Great offenses that win championships RUN the ball, not throw it. When you need to punch it in from the 2-yd line, you run it. Even Oregon's offense has showed that this area is the fall-off of a spread offense. They fail to convert in tight situations. So no thanks. I'm content with the path that we are on.

Yeah, spread offenses cant run the ball...I mean, who is lamichael james? He must be a scrub if spread offenses "cant run the ball." Didnt Oregon almost win the NC last year? Didnt florida win by running the spread offense? Auburn ran the spread last year...didnt they win the NC? You do realize that Texas Tech, from 04-09, a texas tech running back averaged 6.0 ypc? Their backup also averaged at least 5.5 ypc and this is with 100-400 rushing attempts. But 5.5-6.1 ypc isnt running the ball effectively, right?

Auburn and Florida had a lot of power in their running game with Newton and Tebow. Auburn also had Dyer and that other back, so by no means were either of these teams pure spread offenses. IMO the reason Oregon DIDN'T win last year is because they got haulted by a stronger Auburn defense who wasn't even that good. You've got to be able to get a push and run the ball between the tackles!

Auburn and Florida had a lot of power in their running game with Newton and Tebow. Auburn also had Dyer and that other back, so by no means were either of these teams pure spread offenses. IMO the reason Oregon DIDN'T win last year is because they got haulted by a stronger Auburn defense who wasn't even that good. You've got to be able to get a push and run the ball between the tackles!

Did you not watch auburn? They ran the spread, the same exact style as oregons. Florida's offense was a spread offense they just had a gator heavy package. Oregon also runs a formation like that in the shotgun heavy. If you watched all 3 teams play, they all ran the same style of spread offense, so yes spread offenses can easily win NC's.