Nebraska would win a NC once every 3 years if..

Wasn't Leach the OC at OU back in 2000? Pipe dream as he's a HC and will not settle for being a coordinator. We're a lot more likely to get Mangino in here as OC, but that won't happen either. Maybe instead of worrying about the offense we should start worrying about the next DC. Is there any brilliant minds from Youngstown left out there for DC?

Bo = HC/DC

Offense gets a QB coach.

Really? Every 3 years? This seems like a reasonable expectation.

Maybe we should think outside the box and imagine what it would take to win it EVERY year.

And heck, not only win it always, but shutout every opponent in the process, limit them to negative yardage, you know, more rational possibilities.....

Just out of curiosity, how many conference titles or championships has this totally unstoppable offense won?

He was about to start winning NC every year at TT, but ESPN put Craig James son, Adam in their program as a spy. ESPN & Adam created a story to bring him down before he could go on a unstoppable run of NC's. This was all to save their investment in the SEC.

Ohh crap has anyone seen my hat?

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Great offenses that win championships RUN the ball, not throw it. When you need to punch it in from the 2-yd line, you run it. Even Oregon's offense has showed that this area is the fall-off of a spread offense. They fail to convert in tight situations. So no thanks. I'm content with the path that we are on.

The 2010 Green Bay Packers disagree with you... <_<

Mike Leach draws all his powers from being surrounded by quirky things and being allowed to live out his pirate fantasies.

I'm not sure if you've ever been to Nebraska, but the environment there would destroy him.

I love the guy, but pirates just gotta be pirates -and there ain't no swashbuckling going on in Lincoln.

There are enough weirdos on the west coast to supply him with enough life energy...although expect to see a little more 'hippie' in Mike Leach's persona.

Great offenses that win championships RUN the ball, not throw it. When you need to punch it in from the 2-yd line, you run it. Even Oregon's offense has showed that this area is the fall-off of a spread offense. They fail to convert in tight situations. So no thanks. I'm content with the path that we are on.

There is an exception to every rule...

There is an exception to every rule...

2009 New Orleans Saints.

The only way Nebraska would have a chance at winning a NC every 3 years would be if we took Lincoln and moved it down into Mississippi/Alabama.

As for Mike Leach, I've always liked him as an offensive coach, but I think someone put it best by saying that he's the crazy uncle on Thanksgiving. He's fun to watch, but your damn glad he doesn't live with you. I think we would be a force to be reckoned with if Leach and Bo ever teamed up, but that isn't happening anytime soon now that he got the job up in Pullman.

It's fun to dream though...

Osborne/McBride didn't even win every 3 years, as it took them over 10 together to get their first.

Was this a HuskerPedia thing, to have some nutty thought that could never be reality cross your mind and start a thread on it and see if anybody thinks it's a good idea? Then when people criticize it, you can claim that the boards are for speculation and fun and you weren't serious, even though you thought you were at the time. Not blaming all ex-HP posters , but it seems like we're seeing a lot more of these since HP shut down.