Never Seen a Season with so little Excitement on the National Scene

The weird thing about this season is that there was never a race for the national championship. It seemed like every team outside the SEC West was out of it before October was over. We were out in October. Other than Bama v. LSU, there really weren't any big games to shake up the NC hunt this year. A very odd, uninspiring season on the national level. No "big" late November games to shake up the calendar. It was almost like the NC was not being handed out this year. Next year will be our year (I hope!).

I don't know if the NC was going to be handed out this year, but LSU and Alabama made it very clear, very early that they were the two best teams in the country. I hate the argument that there shouldn't be a rematch, tell me why there shouldn't be? Is it a little boring seeing a rematch, especially when the first game was ugly? Well, of course it is a little boring, but that doesn't matter, you put the two best teams on the field at the end of the year. LSU/Bama....

Side Note: It is nice to see that this thread started by HuskerinSunDiego has managed to not be closed (yet). Heres to that :wasted

Something tells me Bama won't win by 3. I don't know what it is but I just get that feeling. Rematches suck for the very reason that people usually want to see something new and teams that wouldn't usually play go head to head. That's not going to happen this year but I think we got the best of all possible matchups.

I'll tell you why a rematch is bad. Say Bama wins by 3. Do they deserve it more than LSU? LSU beat them on their field. It would be a tainted championship.

I see your point, but is that any reason to not put the two best teams on the field? The championship wouldn't be any more tainted then any other year where a one loss team has won the title. If LSU wants to be champion, beat em again. End of story.

The weird thing about this season is that there was never a race for the national championship. It seemed like every team outside the SEC West was out of it before October was over. We were out in October. Other than Bama v. LSU, there really weren't any big games to shake up the NC hunt this year. A very odd, uninspiring season on the national level. No "big" late November games to shake up the calendar. It was almost like the NC was not being handed out this year. Next year will be our year (I hope!).

To the contrary...................the national media....... i.e. espn...............decreed back in August (right after they fitted the heisman to Luck's sized hands)........that the winner of the SEC would be the MNC. They even started priming the pump of public opinion that the loser of LSU/Bama would still be in the title game. The rest of us just didn't know it .........or foolishly believed in Herm Edwards dictum.

I'll tell you why a rematch is bad. Say Bama wins by 3. Do they deserve it more than LSU? LSU beat them on their field. It would be a tainted championship.

I see your point, but is that any reason to not put the two best teams on the field? The championship wouldn't be any more tainted then any other year where a one loss team has won the title. If LSU wants to be champion, beat em again. End of story.

True but it bama wanted the championship they should've beaten LSU at home. This year just didn't work out well for the BCS. It happens. LSU in 07 was a joke. That's just the nature of the game though.

There was always a race...Oregon early, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Okie St, Stanford and Arkansas right up to last week. I really enjoyed this season.

The only teams that I ever considered in the race were Okie STate, ArKansas (reluctantly), Bama, LSU.... Wisconsin (no offense), Stanford, and OU nevered looked the part in my opinion.....

Something tells me Bama won't win by 3. I don't know what it is but I just get that feeling. Rematches suck for the very reason that people usually want to see something new and teams that wouldn't usually play go head to head. That's not going to happen this year but I think we got the best of all possible matchups.

It is the best matchup. I actually expect Bama to roll in the game (maybe by 14-17). Alabama should have rolled LSU in the first meeting, but had way to many mistakes.

There was always a race...Oregon early, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Okie St, Stanford and Arkansas right up to last week. I really enjoyed this season.

The only teams that I ever considered in the race were Okie STate, ArKansas (reluctantly), Bama, LSU.... Wisconsin (no offense), Stanford, and OU nevered looked the part in my opinion.....

Wait...Arkansas looked more the part than OU? We must have watched two different seasons. Up until their first loss to TTU Oklahoma looked damn good. Arkansas on the other hand was always shaky

True but it bama wanted the championship they should've beaten LSU at home. This year just didn't work out well for the BCS. It happens. LSU in 07 was a joke. That's just the nature of the game though.

It is a faulted system, LSU in 2007 was dumb, the SEC label carried them into that game....

To the contrary...................the national media....... i.e. espn...............decreed back in August (right after they fitted the heisman to Luck's sized hands)........that the winner of the SEC would be the MNC. They even started priming the pump of public opinion that the loser of LSU/Bama would still be in the title game. The rest of us just didn't know it .........or foolishly believed in Herm Edwards dictum.

Given the past 5 years its a pretty safe bet. I mean...I declared it back in January.