Never Seen a Season with so little Excitement on the National Scene

Why not give Houston a shot then? Everyone else has had a chance to go unbeaten and failed. You cannot say without a shred of a doubt that Houston isn't the #2 team. Of course I don't believe it but if you want to ignore who is clearly better and go with who deserves a shot, with that logic then Houston is your team. Okie St has a terrible defense, that's why they aren't #2.

The problem I have with a rematch is I'm not sure what it's going to prove. If LSU wins again, why didn't another team get a shot? If Alabama wins again, LSU beat them at home and they won on a neutral field. How does that prove which team is better?

I have not argument that those are the two best teams in the country. If you had a four- or eight- team playoff and those teams are in the finals, that's great. The way we have it, someone else should get a shot.

Where are all the people arguing that you shouldn't get to play in the title game if you didn't win your conference?

Because its $EC there is an exemption

Uh, you do realize the other 2 times this happened, it was Big 12 teams, right?

There is no reason for bama to get a rematch, they lost AT HOME to LSU just a few weeks ago. if this were a playoff then they would be eliminated and frankly people that are against a playoff claim that the regular season is the same as a playoff but if its a rematch then that is not the case and we should clearly have a playoff.

you will never know this season if the SEC is the best conference because they will have mostly only played themselves instead of going out and beating the best from another conference in the title game. The SEC has clearly been down this season with the exception of LSU and Bama and unless they play someone else then i dont see how they can claim to be a NC winner.

I dont care who it is but bama had their shot so give it to another team that deserves a shot just as much as bama does by only having one loss so give the shot to one of those teams. If OkieST wins today then i 100% believe that they should get the shot and if not then stanford should get it. I see zero reason that bama should get a shot........THEY ALREADY FREAKIN HAD ONE!

So if Iowa St was in the national championship game, Okie St wouldn't belong because ISU beat them, but it's ok to give Okie St a shot even though ISU isn't very good at all? That's why a lot of people think Alabama belongs this year.

yes okie st deserves the shot over bama simply because bama already had a shot. it really is as simple as that. and yes that is my opinion.

Who's better?

Team A that lost to a 6-5 team on the road by 6 points in overtime and is currently ranked 107 overall in defense

or

Team B that lost to a 12-0 team by 3 in overtime at home and has no statistical category ranked worse than 29th

thats not the point though. last season in the NFL your Green Bay Packers didnt even win their division (the bears did) but went on the win the super bowl so by your thinking the Patriots that were 14-2 at the end of the regular season should have been super bowl champs. sorry it doesnt work that way.

Why not give Houston a shot then? Everyone else has had a chance to go unbeaten and failed. You cannot say without a shred of a doubt that Houston isn't the #2 team. Of course I don't believe it but if you want to ignore who is clearly better and go with who deserves a shot, with that logic then Houston is your team. Okie St has a terrible defense, that's why they aren't #2.

houston doesnt get the opportunity because they dont play in a major conference. step up their OOC schudule and they would have/should have had a spot in the MNC but because their OOC schedule was horrid they dont deserve a shot. but you knew that already.

The problem I have with a rematch is I'm not sure what it's going to prove. If LSU wins again, why didn't another team get a shot? If Alabama wins again, LSU beat them at home and they won on a neutral field. How does that prove which team is better?

I have not argument that those are the two best teams in the country. If you had a four- or eight- team playoff and those teams are in the finals, that's great. The way we have it, someone else should get a shot.

Where are all the people arguing that you shouldn't get to play in the title game if you didn't win your conference?

that doesnt mean its right, we had no business being there in 2001

that doesnt mean its right, we had no business being there in 2001

Apparently my sarcasm didn't come through.

We didn't have the greatest claim to a championship game that year but I'm not convinced anyone else had a much better one. There were three teams to choose from. Colorado got blown out by Texas worse than we got beat by Colorado (they lost by 34 points) and also lost to Fresno St. Oregon lost at home to a two-loss Stanford team. You have to remember that the BCS picks the team with the best season, not the best loss (wheather you agree with that or not). We handled a ranked Notre Dame team and beat #2 ranked Oklahoma by 10 with 10 points being our closest win and only three teams scored more than 14 points on us. You can't say we didn't deserve to be in the title game because we lost to a Miami team that had Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Ken Dorsey, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Phillip Buchanan, Frank Gore, Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Bryant McKinnie, Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish and Jeremy Shockey. I don't think anyone was beating that team that year.

When you take the margin-of-victory out of the equation (which I don't agree with but the BCS does), the computers don't see things the same way people do. I still remember Mike Belotti (then Oregon's head coach) whining about the BCS being a "cancer". Guess what Mike? If there were no BCS, you would have been in the Rose Bowl but Colorado and Miami would have been playing in the Orange Bowl so you would still have been out.

No. Who has VT beat? Nobody, even if they beat Clemson (who just finished their regular late season slide) they will have played no one. The ACC thanks god every day for the Big East. For football they're a garbage conference.

In the pre-season predictions, one KC radio guy was predicting VaTech in the NCG for exactly this reason. Edit: If they went undefeated

Yes, I do. And when it happened the national media griped about it to high heaven - especially with Nebraska.

This year they (national media) are drooling all over it - greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hence my remark about the $EC exemption.

I'll tell you why a rematch is bad. Say Bama wins by 3. Do they deserve it more than LSU? LSU beat them on their field. It would be a tainted championship.

I see your point, but is that any reason to not put the two best teams on the field? The championship wouldn't be any more tainted then any other year where a one loss team has won the title. If LSU wants to be champion, beat em again. End of story.

True but it bama wanted the championship they should've beaten LSU at home. This year just didn't work out well for the BCS. It happens. LSU in 07 was a joke. That's just the nature of the game though.

It is a faulted system, LSU in 2007 was dumb, the SEC label carried them into that game....

01 and 07 were screwy years where around seven teams lost as soon as they got #2. It looks like we're having another one of those years, sans Bama who didn't have to play anyone else good after they lost.

Of course we'd be having an 07like year if Georgia's WRs knew how to catch.