Stopping Shaw

Stickney

Again, he played in 7 games. He was smoked vs the one team that was good. He beat the other teams he was supposed to beat. My guess is that USC was favored in all those games EXCEPT Arkansas, right?

Kentucky, come on.

Miss State, was there a bigger disappoint of a team in the SEC this year?

Tennessee, No bowl game right?

Arkansas, curb stomped, right?

Florida, see the Miss State comment

The Citadel, next

Clemson, USC beat the hell out of them.

Not trying to get in a pissing match, but who has Nebraska beaten thats so great? Michigan St? Great win and congrats but thats 1. If a 16 point loss to a top 10 team in the nation on the road is getting curb stomped, then what do you call your losses vs Wisconsin and Michigan??

embarassing - i think that's the word that is most often thrown around here :)

when did Lattimore go out? Late October? How has that impacted Shaw the last few games? It's fairly easy for a QB when you've got a guy like that in the backfield. Especially when it comes to running the ball - everyone is so geared to stop Lattimore and his 30 carries a game that Shaw scrambles for 15 a few times and all of a sudden his yards start to add up.

when did Lattimore go out? Late October? How has that impacted Shaw the last few games?

1/2 thru the Mississippi State game. At that point, we were down to our 5th string RB. Surprisingly, our RB's had several 100 yard games after we lost Lattimore. The only game (after that) where our run game was really shut down was Arkansas.

What I'm trying to get everyone here to understand is how our offense has evolved over the course of this season given the twists and turns this team has had to face. The schemes we are running now, aren't the same things that we were using 4-5 games ago.

It's called making Lemonade....

Again, he played in 7 games. He was smoked vs the one team that was good. He beat the other teams he was supposed to beat. My guess is that USC was favored in all those games EXCEPT Arkansas, right?

Kentucky, come on.

Miss State, was there a bigger disappoint of a team in the SEC this year?

Tennessee, No bowl game right?

Arkansas, curb stomped, right?

Florida, see the Miss State comment

The Citadel, next

Clemson, USC beat the hell out of them.

Not trying to get in a pissing match, but who has Nebraska beaten thats so great? Michigan St? Great win and congrats but thats 1. If a 16 point loss to a top 10 team in the nation on the road is getting curb stomped, then what do you call your losses vs Wisconsin and Michigan??

I call them getting curb stomped. I am saying that these teams are the same. About average, that is why the line is -1's. Pretending that one team is way better then the other is a joke.

Nebraska's defense had about 2 good games this year. I wouldn't consider them a strong defense by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Michigan St. + 1/2 Ohio State + 1/2 Penn State = 2.

There might have been a few quarters here and there that gets us up to 3 though. :P

I was thinking Michigan State and Iowa. Half games don't count. :lol:

He played vs one good team at home, Clemson.

They got smoked by Arkansas

They struggled with Florida big time.

Shaw's been a starter for the past 7 games, and he played good defenses. To put what I'm about to say in perspective, Nebraska is ranked #36 in the nation for Total Defense.

- Florida is ranked #9 in total defense. Shaw ran for nearly 100 yards and 2 TD's.

- Tennessee is ranked #28 in total defense. Shaw ran for 64 yards, 1 Rushing TD, and went 10-18 and threw a Passing TD. We really had WIlds run the ball most of the game, as he was avg'ing more than 5 yards a carry.

- Miss State is ranked #43 in total defense. Shaw was 20 for 28 in completions and threw the game winning TD in the closing minutes.

http://espn.go.com/c...292/connor-shaw

http://web1.ncaa.org...g&div=IA&dest=O

Shaw had his best games the last 2 games of the season against avg defenses of The Citadel and clemson (#59). Combining those 2 games, Shaw went 30 for 38, with 6 Passing TD's, 1 INT, 30 Rushes for 197 yards, and 2 Rushing TD's, with 0 fumbles. My point to all of this being, HE HAS played good defenses and performed well enough to win 6 of 7 games. I don't think Shaw is an RBGIII or anything, and I'm not saying that Shaw is going to explode this coming game, but he can sure enough do is manage a game even against tough defenses.

Again, he played one good team at home and won.

He played Arkansas and got it handed to him.

Please stop with the Florida talk, stats, in this case, don't show anything. That team let up 22 points or something like that to some DII team in the first half.

Who did he beat that was good? Just Clemson?

Clemson is a good ACC team and a bottom feeder if they were in the SEC or Big 10. Sorry....just the facts. Wake Forrest almost beat them in Clemson. Wake Forrest goes home and gets stomped by Vanderbilt. Sorry....just the facts. The Auburn game was a result of an uninspired, very troubled Garcia and we road his personal problems to a disaster there. We are not world beaters and Clemson is not even the best team in their own state. Shaw can manage a game and for now that's all he needs to do. Nebraska will show us a similar game to our own so this really has nothing to do with how we played against Clemson or anyone else for that matter.