Who remembers this restaurant?

Can't say I remember that one. One that I fondly remember growing up was Kings Food Host. Used to love ordering the food by picking up the phone at the table! Ah Memories...

I vaguely remember the "Chese Frenchies" . Seems like they were cheese sanguiches cut in wedges, then deep fried with chicken batter?

Oh yeah, that's the one! Actually I believe Don and Millies adopted a lot of their menu items including the Cheese Frenchies. Just talking about those makes me gain weight! LOL

I never liked Don & Millie's. Went there a few times, gave them a few chances, but just never got into their food. They were pretty popular for a while, though. Is Don & Millie's still open? Last time I knew they were down on 56th & HWY 2.

knapp, I don't think you're really alive if you don't like Don & Millie's.

A restaurant I really miss is Arturo's. It was that great Mexican restaurant in the Haymarket.

Arturo's was good. Ate there many times. They would make you custom salsa if you asked for it. Had a couple of friends who liked it HOT, and they would come out with these toxic red and green salsas. I tried one once. It almost ate through my esophagus.

I think I'm one of the few Nebraskans who doesn't like both Don & Millie's and Runza.

I never liked Don & Millie's. Went there a few times, gave them a few chances, but just never got into their food. They were pretty popular for a while, though. Is Don & Millie's still open? Last time I knew they were down on 56th & HWY 2.

Still there and still open................including .99 margaritas (I believe)....................

I'd never heard of Don & Millie's before yesterday..My niece that lives in Elkhorn said she went there yesterday and got a Chese Frenchee.

I actually got a Fry Daddy at Wally's Saturday and tried making them..Sorta burned them, but the fries turned out pretty good with the sesame seed oil but I felt like I needed to swallow some sort of waterfowl to soak up some of the grease (see Exxon Valdez).

Does Chi Chi's still exist around East Lincoln (~56th/"O" atreet)???

I remember going there for "two fer" Margaritas and free chips/salsa on Tuesday nights...That and the crabmeat "Cancun" Almost made Ramen noodles endurable the rest of the week.