Major reason why Gingrinch should not be president

I'm not a Gingrich fan, but I did respect the fact he tore into the moderator of the debate thursday night. Are you really going to march his ex wife out before a debate, and then lead off with a question about his past marriage?

I'm not the smartest guy on the planet by any stretch, but what does Gingrich's marriage have to do with the budget, healthcare, terrorism?

With great difficulty I was listening to Chris Christie (a Romnet supporter) on Meet the press this morning, and two of his statements were very disturning:

1) [regarding Romney's tax returns] "People don't want a looser as president, they want someone who has been successful." It sounded to me like the Republican governor of New Jersey was calling middle class people loosers. And his second ugly comment reinforced that.

2) [regarding job creation] "Middle class people want to work at Staples and Sports authority." This sums up the Republican economic argument. the middle class should be content to fight ove $30K jobs.

I'm not a Gingrich fan, but I did respect the fact he tore into the moderator of the debate thursday night. Are you really going to march his ex wife out before a debate, and then lead off with a question about his past marriage?

I'm not the smartest guy on the planet by any stretch, but what does Gingrich's marriage have to do with the budget, healthcare, terrorism?

Jonh King is a typical dullard newsreader.

A strong moderator would have pushe Gingrinch on the family values he professes to have.

With great difficulty I was listening to Chris Christie (a Romnet supporter) on Meet the press this morning, and two of his statements were very disturning:

1) [regarding Romney's tax returns] "People don't want a looser as president, they want someone who has been successful." It sounded to me like the Republican governor of New Jersey was calling middle class people loosers. And his second ugly comment reinforced that.

2) [regarding job creation] "Middle class people want to work at Staples and Sports authority." This sums up the Republican economic argument. the middle class should be content to fight ove $30K jobs.

Sub..........you are usually better than to condense the entire Pub economic argument into what you KNOW is a false characterization............

Sub..........you are usually better than to condense the entire Pub economic argument into what you KNOW is a false characterization............

You are correct, I did exagerate and oversimplify.

But I would still contend that my post accurately describes a view of Romney and Christie on the middle class.

Just asking... did you watch Meet the Press this morning?

You are correct, I did exagerate and oversimplify.

But I would still contend that my post accurately describes a view of Romney and Christie on the middle class.

No............what did I miss?

But a larger discussion for another time would be if you really believe Pubs/conservatives DO NOT want everyone to succeed??

Meet the Press is usually lame, and David Gregory is a weak interviewer.

What I found intriguing were the comments by Christie that I highlighted above.

But a larger discussion for another time would be if you really believe Pubs/conservatives DO NOT want everyone to succeed??

It is not a matter of whether the Republicans want the middle class to fail or not, it is how the middle class is defined.

What Christie defined as middle class was just not right to me.

What do you think?

Meet the Press is usually lame, and David Gregory is a weak interviewer.

What I found intriguing were the comments by Christie that I highlighted above.

It is not a matter of whether the Republicans want the middle class to fail or not, it is how the middle class is defined.

What Christie defined as middle class was just not right to me.

What do you think?

Without having seen/heard it.............it would seem an awkward method of defending successful people (who seem to be targets anymore rather than someone to be emulated).............

As for the middle class.............I think it is too narrowly defined as a static segment of society..............rather than a fluid portion that has folks moving in and out of it continually based on circumstance (like all strata of classes)

Hell, most workers at Staples or Sports Authority would love to make $30k Most of the workers there are going to make at best $24k, with many under $20k.

And those statements further reinforce my opinion that the republicans want a two tier system, much like the aristocracy and the serfs of old Europe.