Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

I love all the posters that talk about how they drink but never drove drunk. Newsflash, yes you have you just did not think you were drunk. Just like you thought you were being smooth with the girl you were hitting on and being funny with the jokes you were telling. You were wrong.

Oh yeah, you were also not all of a sudden stronger or tougher.

HAHAHA

Are you sure about that? When I was in college, a few friends of mine and I had an experiment to see if we were actually stronger after drinking. I've gotta say, the results definitely showed we could lift more when buzzed. I realize there's a difference between being buzzed and smashed, but I do think one is potentially stronger buzzed. 50% of lifting is mental. People get mental blocks when bench pressing for instance. The buzz feeling bulldozes a lot of the mental blocks. It's not that drinking actually makes one stronger, but it's the belief that it does which creates the ability to lift more than when one is stone cold sober.

I love all the posters that talk about how they drink but never drove drunk. Newsflash, yes you have you just did not think you were drunk. Just like you thought you were being smooth with the girl you were hitting on and being funny with the jokes you were telling. You were wrong.

Oh yeah, you were also not all of a sudden stronger or tougher.

HAHAHA

Are you sure about that? When I was in college, a few friends of mine and I had an experiment to see if we were actually stronger after drinking. I've gotta say, the results definitely showed we could lift more when buzzed. I realize there's a difference between being buzzed and smashed, but I do think one is potentially stronger buzzed. 50% of lifting is mental. People get mental blocks when bench pressing for instance. The buzz feeling bulldozes a lot of the mental blocks. It's not that drinking actually makes one stronger, but it's the belief that it does which creates the ability to lift more than when one is stone cold sober.

You might be right on that, I know some guys that lift certain lifts blindfolded to not know the weight they are doing. So, you probably have a point

This is my other pet peeve, that the football players should not be out having fun, that they should be robots, always lifting, doing box jumps and breaking down film.

Nobody is saying that. What we are saying is that he should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle when he is legally intoxicated.

I love all the posters that talk about how they drink but never drove drunk. Newsflash, yes you have you just did not think you were drunk.

This is a pretty safe accusation to make. No proof necessary just "yes you were."

It is 100% safe

Just like it's 100% safe to say this theory is totally bogus. No proof necessary. :)

This is my other pet peeve, that the football players should not be out having fun, that they should be robots, always lifting, doing box jumps and breaking down film.

Nobody is saying that. What we are saying is that he should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle when he is legally intoxicated.

People say that, people maybe not in this thread cried that they saw players out at the bars.

I love all the posters that talk about how they drink but never drove drunk. Newsflash, yes you have you just did not think you were drunk.

This is a pretty safe accusation to make. No proof necessary just "yes you were."

It is 100% safe

No it's not. I know plenty of people who have never driven drunk.

It is 100% safe

Just like it's 100% safe to say this theory is totally bogus. No proof necessary. :)

Of course its safe to say that too! But we both know that its really close to 100%

It is 100% safe

If they drink, they have probably driven drunk.

Look, do this. Count all your friends that drink, lets say that adds up to 15 or so. I mean real friends, so lets say its 15 of them that you know and see drink.

Out of those 15, I would be willing to bet that at the very least 12 have driven drunk before. I don't mean they are vomitting all over the place and their eyes are closed. I just mean buzzed, buzzed driving is drunk driving.

If your buddy meets a girl out for drinks, he has probably driven buzzed (drunk), if he went to happy hour with work friends, he probably drove drunk (buzzed).

I am not talking about bad people I am just talking about making a mistake a stupid one but still a bad choice. People tend to think they are fine even when according to the law they are not.

It is 100% safe

If they drink, they have probably driven drunk.

Look, do this. Count all your friends that drink, lets say that adds up to 15 or so. I mean real friends, so lets say its 15 of them that you know and see drink.

Out of those 15, I would be willing to bet that at the very least 12 have driven drunk before. I don't mean they are vomitting all over the place and their eyes are closed. I just mean buzzed, buzzed driving is drunk driving.

If your buddy meets a girl out for drinks, he has probably driven buzzed (drunk), if he went to happy hour with work friends, he probably drove drunk (buzzed).

I am not talking about bad people I am just talking about making a mistake a stupid one but still a bad choice. People tend to think they are fine even when according to the law they are not.

Except, I know plenty of people who have never driven drunk. Never. Not even buzzed. So, you're wrong. Just because it's something a lot of people have done, doesn't mean it's safe to assume everyone has.

I can't speak for my friends, but I can safely say that I do drink, and that I have never driven drunk. Not even buzzed.

That is good and safe! I would ask you this, have you ever driven at all after drinking? Like, do you have a "cut off" point? Or have you never driven after a drink?

I am not trying to start anything at all, just wondering.