Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

I can't speak for my friends, but I can safely say that I do drink, and that I have never driven drunk. Not even buzzed.

That is good and safe! I would ask you this, have you ever driven at all after drinking? Like, do you have a "cut off" point? Or have you never driven after a drink?

I am not trying to start anything at all, just wondering.

The worst I've ever done is driving after drinking two beers over the course of about 3 hours. I weigh about 180 lbs, and I was not impaired.

This really has nothing to do with me by the way. I just keep seeing people on this board going with the "everybody does it" defense, which is BS. Not everybody does it, and if you do - you shouldn't.

• Fire 2

This really has nothing to do with me by the way. I just keep seeing people on this board going with the "everybody does it" defense, which is BS. Not everybody does it, and if you do - you shouldn't.

The "everybody does it" defense is code for "I have done it/do it, and it's no big deal."

I never said its no big deal. If you actually read all my posts I said my friends and myself switch off driving to the bars now

Now, whenever I know Im going out and Im going to drink a lot, me and some friends always switch off driving.

I can't speak for my friends, but I can safely say that I do drink, and that I have never driven drunk. Not even buzzed.

That is good and safe! I would ask you this, have you ever driven at all after drinking? Like, do you have a "cut off" point? Or have you never driven after a drink?

The worst I've ever done is driving after drinking two beers over the course of about 3 hours. I weigh about 180 lbs, and I was not impaired.

So you were about .03 at that time. Not against the law at all you are right. Would you say that you could have possible been a bit more impared then if you had no booze in you??? Just saying.

The "everybody does it" defense is code for "I have done it/do it, and it's no big deal."

No its not. I even said it is a bad choice and stupid.

You know what everyone seems to do, cast stones.

TheDude,

Do they drink? Have they ever driven after drinking?

Yes. No.

How long do they wait?

True story. I had friends that signed up to be tested for police that were in training. The friends drank the night before and went in the morning where they were supposed to drink, get drunk and then get tested by the cops so they could practice field sobriety tests.

Well before they started to drink that morning at the police station, they were given BAC tests. They all still had booze in their system from the night before. The police were NOT HAPPY with them and that was after 7-8 hours of sleep.

So you were about .03 at that time. Not against the law at all you are right. Would you say that you could have possible been a bit more impared then if you had no booze in you??? Just saying.

Um, according to the first three BAC calculators that come up when you google "BAC calculator," I would have been at .00 BAC, .02 BAC, or .01 BAC. It could be possible to say that I had been a bit more impaired than if I had no booze in me, if I had been impaired. But I wasn't. I was nowhere near the legal limit, I wasn't buzzed, I wasn't remotely impaired.

Again, this is all to cast aside the "everybody does it" argument. Most of the time, I don't drive after any drinks at all, but on the rare occasion that I do, it's not difficult to manage yourself in a responsible way that prevents you from putting other people at risk.