Gamecocks cut 6 scholies for Major Violations

NUance

Sweet, nothing more than what we proposed for punishment...that's rare for these NCAA hearings. I think our AD said it best when he said that the hotel fiasco was just someone who looked at the $ amounts and figured it was the same as renting a local apartment and it must be "ok", really that it was just a university offical's judgement error not the players'.

We paid the fine, we're on probation, and we hired 8 more people to help in the compliance office to keep this from happening again. Our independent counsel and the team that setup the strategy to deal with this did a great job.

*bump*

ncaa decision handed down today:

South Carolina will lose 12 football scholarships after the NCAA delivered its final verdict from its investigation into the school's athletics programs.

<snip>

The football program also will have its official visits cut from 56 to 30 in the 2012-13 academic year. On the positive side, there was no postseason ban and the scholarship hits shouldn't hurt enough to slow the team's recent success. Overall, South Carolina's athletic department received a public reprimand and censure along with three years probation.

LINK

That just goes to show that cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

Oh wait. I guess the Cheating Gamecocks did kick our ass in the Cap-One fiasco bowl. Doohhh!

How did I know that it'd be you to bring this up.... :cheers You aren't still mad about the Cap One Bowl thresing, are you?

How did I know that it'd be you to bring this up.... :cheers You aren't still mad about the Cap One Bowl thresing, are you?

Mad? No. Just perplexed. Wondering why a team would feel compelled to CHEAT when they have a roster full of All-World talent? (Gamecocks 2012 NFL draft: two 1st round picks, six drafted overall.)

Too bad the ncaa didn't vacate some of last year's wins from the cheating gamecocks. Like the Cap One bowl.