Gamecocks cut 6 scholies for Major Violations

NUance

It's all good. @Badger, if you think CT is brutal, you should check out TigerNet. They will pretty much ban you for not being a Clemson fan. CT posters will be smart, but those people will relentlessly insult you and call you reprehensible things with no consequence lol

I've been around the block and I know Taternet well enough. I just think CT is a little hostile to outsiders at times...

It's all good. @Badger, if you think CT is brutal, you should check out TigerNet. They will pretty much ban you for not being a Clemson fan. CT posters will be smart, but those people will relentlessly insult you and call you reprehensible things with no consequence lol

I've been around the block and I know Taternet well enough. I just think CT is a little hostile to outsiders at times...

Yes definitely.

Yes definitely.

Why would you guys go to tigernet? I don't even go to tigernet.

Yes definitely.

Why would you guys go to tigernet? I don't even go to tigernet.

:cheers

• 4 months later...

*bump*

ncaa decision handed down today:

South Carolina will lose 12 football scholarships after the NCAA delivered its final verdict from its investigation into the school's athletics programs.

<snip>

The football program also will have its official visits cut from 56 to 30 in the 2012-13 academic year. On the positive side, there was no postseason ban and the scholarship hits shouldn't hurt enough to slow the team's recent success. Overall, South Carolina's athletic department received a public reprimand and censure along with three years probation.

LINK

That just goes to show that cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.

Oh wait. I guess the Cheating Gamecocks did kick our ass in the Cap-One fiasco bowl. Doohhh!

*bump*

ncaa decision handed down today:

South Carolina will lose 12 football scholarships after the NCAA delivered its final verdict from its investigation into the school's athletics programs.

<snip>

The football program also will have its official visits cut from 56 to 30 in the 2012-13 academic year. On the positive side, there was no postseason ban and the scholarship hits shouldn't hurt enough to slow the team's recent success. Overall, South Carolina's athletic department received a public reprimand and censure along with three years probation.

LINK

Oh wait. I guess the Cheating Gamecocks did kick our ass in the Cap-One fiasco bowl. Doohhh!

spurrier.jpg

Tell that to Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Chip Kelley or Cam Newton...

or Tom Osborne (did I just go there?) :)

H O W E V E R....... You're not a cheater unless you get caught, and based on the number of violations stemmed from the Osborne era (0), he is not a cheater, nor is Nick Saban :wacko:

H O W E V E R....... You're not a cheater unless you get caught, and based on the number of violations stemmed from the Osborne era (0), he is not a cheater, nor is Nick Saban :wacko:

42542.gif

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

How can anyone mistake this hero's squeaky clean NU team for the shenanigans perpetrated by Spurrier's cheating cheater cheats, the South Caroliny GameCocks? Or the Dark Lord Saban, master of all that is evil in the world of college football?

i may be not remembering correctly but there were 2 violations during that era. one of which was considered a major violation but didnt involve too much of a punishment.

i may be not remembering correctly but there were 2 violations during that era. one of which was considered a major violation but didnt involve too much of a punishment.

Blasphemy! Who did you hear that from, Barry Switzer? :ahhhhhhhh

South Carolina will cut 6 football scholarships

Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 10:55 PM

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina told the NCAA it agrees that major violations took place in its football program and will eliminate six football scholarships over the next three years as part of several self-imposed penalties.

The school released its response Wednesday, three months after the NCAA said the Gamecocks received $55,000 in improper benefits for staying at a Columbia hotel at a reduced rate. The NCAA also noted the university's improper involvement with a Delaware-based mentoring group whose president and treasurer are boosters and South Carolina graduates.

LINK

What is it with these cheating SEC schools anyway??

This just sounds like good business on the part of the hotel. I have to think that if an independent investigation was made of the NCAA that it would open a can of worms that would stink to the high heavens.

T_O_B

G>B>R