Pelini's Stats

This is perhaps a good argument for hiring a head coach that already has those six 'growing pains', 'learning experiences' years under his belt before taking over the NU program.

if he does get sh#t canned from NU, i would wager it will be over his accumulation of inexperienced coaches.......a dangerous trend if it continues IMHO.

if he does get sh#t canned from NU, i would wager it will be over his accumulation of inexperienced coaches.......a dangerous trend if it continues IMHO.

Inexperienced how? Most of the better coaches on our staff (JP, Beck, Garrison) started out with no experience when hired/promoted and the ones he did hire with experience (Cotton, Else) have not panned out that well.

Inexperienced how? Most of the better coaches on our staff (JP, Beck, Garrison) started out with no experience when hired/promoted and the ones he did hire with experience (Cotton, Else) have not panned out that well.

Exactly.

Devaney gave the HC position to TO who had "zero" experience as a HC. I guess Devaney was stupid as well.

Exactly.

Devaney gave the HC position to TO who had "zero" experience as a HC. I guess Devaney was stupid as well.

Pretty stupid.

• Fire 1

We are talking a little difference in background. Tom was the OC of two NC teams. Most likely a little stornger background than those that Bo has promoted. Too early to tell if they have worked out or not. We still have that one stinker every year. When those stop we will be able to say they have learned and are moving forward.

Still a lot of work ahead. Just hope we do not have to train a DC. I most remember loyalty is what killed BC.

If Pap is promoted, there won't be as much training as you think. Even though he is a young coach, he has been with Bo for 6 years( 2 @ LSU and 4 here ) and probably knows his system and what his tendencies are. I know he would have to learn when and what to call during situations, but I bet Bo will get him taught.