Does Spurrier hold a grudge from the ’96 Fiesta Bowl beatdown?

NUance

Until Wiscy takes the field Jan 2, Nebraska will have played in as many Rose Bowls as Wiscy in the past ten years. We didn't even have a conference tie-in to the Rose Bowl. Good work.

...and when they take the field 2 January UW will have been to twice as many BCS bowls....oh and with the close of the season it will also mark the 10 year anniversary of NU's last BCS bowl season. Good Work.

Until Wiscy takes the field Jan 2, Nebraska will have played in as many Rose Bowls as Wiscy in the past ten years. We didn't even have a conference tie-in to the Rose Bowl. Good work.

...and when they take the field 2 January UW will have been to twice as many BCS bowls....oh and with the close of the season it will also mark the 10 year anniversary of NU's last BCS bowl season. Good Work.

Way to use BCS bowls as a measuring stick when it's been well established that the worst years in Nebraska's history are during the BCS era. The fact that you seem to think Wiscy is a national power, yet you will only have gone to one more BCS game than Nebraska (during that terrible stretch), is telling of how delusional you are.

• Fire 1

Way to use BCS bowls as a measuring stick when it's been well established that the worst years in Nebraska's history are during the BCS era. The fact that you seem to think Wiscy is a national power, yet you will only have gone to one more BCS game than Nebraska (during that terrible stretch), is telling of how delusional you are.

I seem to think UW is a National Power? I'd really like to see where I said that. I'm willing to bet you're the delusional one...so willing that if you can quote where I explicitly said or implied as much I will stop posting here.

UW is not a National Power and NU isn't either. What matters right now is that Wisconsin is a better program than Nebraska.

I seem to think UW is a National Power? I'd really like to see where I said that. I'm willing to bet you're the delusional one...so willing that if you can quote where I explicitly said or implied as much I will stop posting here.

UW is not a National Power and NU isn't either. What matters right now is that Wisconsin is a better program than Nebraska.

You may have never said that, but in your trolling, you have come off as believing that. If Wisconsin is a superior program, then what does that make UW? Nebraska is in the second tier of teams nationally, just below the national powers, so if you claim Wisconsin to be superior as a program, then wouldn't that make them a national power in your eyes? Forgive me for making that assumption if it was incorrect, it just seemed an obvious connection to make.

You may have never said that, but in your trolling, you have come off as believing that. If Wisconsin is a superior program, then what does that make UW? Nebraska is in the second tier of teams nationally, just below the national powers, so if you claim Wisconsin to be superior as a program, then wouldn't that make them a national power in your eyes? Forgive me for making that assumption if it was incorrect, it just seemed an obvious connection to make.

In the past six years Wisconsin has gone 60-18, won its conference twice, been to two BCS bowls and finished the regular season ranked #9, #5, #16, NR, #24 and #5

While NU has gone 52-27, hasn't won its conference, hasn't been to a BCS bowl and finished the season #21 #18, #14, NR, NR, and NR

I think its fair to say Wisconsin has been superior lately, our meeting in October kind of proved that one. I'm not saying UW is a national power, that would take decades and decades to happen but right now we are better.

Oh and I wouldn't say that I'm trolling, I didn't come into this thread to make this argument. Look through the previous pages and you'll see California was the first to bring up Wisconsin and yea I'm going to defend my team.

wisconsin and iowa can never live up to expectations, no matter how good they are. sh#t the bed every year.

Biggest load of crock I've read on here...if anything Wisconsin exceeds expectations, especially this year.

I remember the "We'll win the Big XII our last year and the Big Ten our first year" type posts on here. I remember the "welcome to Nebraska football" crap. Hell even my sig illustrates NU's failure to reach expectations.

Can't wait for the Russell Wilson Sweepstakes winner's to cash in their last chip on Jan 2.......Vadgerfan is making it kinda easy to dislike. On Christmas even!! :)

I've haven't talked any real trash up until now, just facts, but you're really making me want to.

Have fun in Orlando DSM.

wisconsin and iowa can never live up to expectations, no matter how good they are. sh#t the bed every year.

Biggest load of crock I've read on here...if anything Wisconsin exceeds expectations, especially this year.

I remember the "We'll win the Big XII our last year and the Big Ten our first year" type posts on here. I remember the "welcome to Nebraska football" crap. Hell even my sig illustrates NU's failure to reach expectations.

Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year? I think they may have met or slightly failed to reach the expectations that most reasonable Husker fans had of Wisconsin. Most of us thought that we'd lose to Wisconsin going into that game, and most of us thought that Wisconsin had a national title contender. Maybe UW exceeded Wisconsin fans' expectations, but I don't think they did for most Husker fans.

Anyways, I don't think that any reasonable fan would really disagree with the statement that Wisconsin has been stronger than Nebraska over the last 5 years. The thing that is silly about your argument is you're comparing a below average run by Nebraska's standards to what has perhaps been Wisconsin's best run in school history.

Badgerfan, you're not just arguing that Wisconsin was better this year. Or that they have been better over the last 5 years. Any reasonable fan would agree that Wisconsin has been stronger over the past 5 years than Nebraska. But that doesn't make Wisconsin the better program, just like a few years of superiority at Oregon doesn't make them a better program than USC. When you bring up the term, "program," you have to measure the totality of elements that contribute to it - a big part of that is history, success over a long period of time (not just a 5 - 10 year run), and prestigious awards/championships. In those areas, Wisconsin can't hold a candle to Nebraska.

Let's put it this way - would you argue that Wisconsin is a better program than Michigan?

Anyways, even the 5-year argument has some holes. Wisconsin was stronger in 2007, 2010-2011, while Nebraska was stronger in 2008 and probably 2009 as well. At the end of the day - you guys beat us this year. That has absolutely no bearing on what's going to go down next year in Lincoln - and it has no bearing on where either program will be 5 years from now.

• Fire 1

Wisconsin exceeded expectations this year? I think they may have met or slightly failed to reach the expectations that most reasonable Husker fans had of Wisconsin. Most of us thought that we'd lose to Wisconsin going into that game, and most of us thought that Wisconsin had a national title contender. Maybe UW exceeded Wisconsin fans' expectations, but I don't think they did for most Husker fans.

Anyways, I don't think that any reasonable fan would really disagree with the statement that Wisconsin has been stronger than Nebraska over the last 5 years. The thing that is silly about your argument is you're comparing a below average run by Nebraska's standards to what has perhaps been Wisconsin's best run in school history.

Badgerfan, you're not just arguing that Wisconsin was better this year. Or that they have been better over the last 5 years. Any reasonable fan would agree that Wisconsin has been stronger over the past 5 years than Nebraska. But that doesn't make Wisconsin the better program, just like a few years of superiority at Oregon doesn't make them a better program than USC. When you bring up the term, "program," you have to measure the totality of elements that contribute to it - a big part of that is history, success over a long period of time (not just a 5 - 10 year run), and prestigious awards/championships. In those areas, Wisconsin can't hold a candle to Nebraska.

Let's put it this way - would you argue that Wisconsin is a better program than Michigan?

Anyways, even the 5-year argument has some holes. Wisconsin was stronger in 2007, 2010-2011, while Nebraska was stronger in 2008 and probably 2009 as well. At the end of the day - you guys beat us this year. That has absolutely no bearing on what's going to go down next year in Lincoln - and it has no bearing on where either program will be 5 years from now.

Because of the loss of our DC...JJ Watt, Carimi, Tolzien, Clay and our entire receiving corps save for Toon just about everybody in the business had us at 3 and maybe 2 in our division depending on who you read....that included Steele, Athlon and Sporting News. Steele choose not to amend his prediction after Wilson inked with UW (which I found telling at the time) and even with Wilson's arrival nobody knew what we had because of the losses we sustained. (sound familiar going in to 2012?) There were people second guessing us going all the way up in to Big Ten play because we hadn't played anyone....getting to the Rose Bowl, without a doubt, is exceeding expectations for this team and our fan base. As far as what Husker fans expected from the Badgers, let me put it this way...do you care what I thought NU was going to do this year? Does my opinion matter to you?

To your other point, like I've said earlier... Wisconsin doesn't have a history anywhere near that of Nebraska. If that's how you choose to interpret the use of 'program' than I'd agree. In the context in which I was using that term it referred more to the recent era....and for the record I think UW was better than NU in 2009 but that's an argument for another day.

In the past six years Wisconsin has gone 60-18, won its conference twice, been to two BCS bowls and finished the regular season ranked #9, #5, #16, NR, #24 and #5

While NU has gone 52-27, hasn't won its conference, hasn't been to a BCS bowl and finished the season #21 #18, #14, NR, NR, and NR

I think its fair to say Wisconsin has been superior lately, our meeting in October kind of proved that one. I'm not saying UW is a national power, that would take decades and decades to happen but right now we are better.

Oh and I wouldn't say that I'm trolling, I didn't come into this thread to make this argument. Look through the previous pages and you'll see California was the first to bring up Wisconsin and yea I'm going to defend my team.

No one can argue with you Badgerfan, Nebraska has fallen from grace and will continue to stay there as long as Osborne continues to protect his "Legacy" with his terrible coaching hires and meddling with the program. I've heard mentions of the Huskers being in the second tier here, second tier teams don't get blown out several times a year, and lose at home to -.500 non bowl teams and then proceed to lose to a barely bowl eligible team they hammered earlier in the season. In saying that, Wisconsin has become a second tier team which is commendable being in the Big Ten which is historically a second tier conference in Football prowess. Other than an occasional tOSU National Championship of merit, mainly their claim to fame is beating a seriously weak PAC10 team in the Rose Bowl (Mich97, PSU94) and then claiming they should be respected. Nebraska without a doubt holds Brand more than Wisconsin will in most of our lifetimes but you are correct in the Huskers becoming Minnesota slowly but surely in our terrible coaching staff selections since 97. Mainly Head coaching and their buddy hiring ways, Gillispie, Cotton, Jamrog, Golf Pros, etc.

Even our fan base has become apathetic and cherishes mediocre-terrible performance at the sake of thinking 9 wins a year means something playing laughing stock schedules. We spent decades slamming the Big Ten for being weak and hiding in the Rose bowl as to not have to face the Miamis, Bamas, FSUs, UFs, LSU, OUs and even Nebraska of ghosts past. Now all of a sudden the Big Ten is supposedly a "tough" conference even though its at its lowest point in a century with the loss of tOSUs, PSU and Michigans top tier status so to brag about either Wisconsin or Nebraska at this point shows just how much we're both grasping for straws. Wisconsin is without a doubt on its way up but will never be competitive for the National Championship against a powerhouse team which is still something to cherish, we did from 73-94 and that turned out pretty good in 94,95,97. Keep your head up though, your headed in the right direction with a good AD and head coach! I wish I could say the same about my beloved Huskers.