We could be 5-6

With 3 games left, I think are only chances at wins are vs Kansas and KState. If we start the game this week like we have the last 2 weeks, we will lose to Kansas. Same with Kstate. KState has our number and they are starting to play much better. Get ready for a possible 5-6 season. We have GOT to start out strong on both sides of the ball Saturday.

I've been warning about this for weeks. Although I didn't believe we'd acutally be 5-6 after the first 5 games, I always knew it was possible. Two things are happening. 1) After playing an extremely soft first half of the season, we are being exposed against better teams and coaches (which is sad to say, considering the piss-poor condition of the North division) and 2) After catching several breaks to pull out early season wins, the luck is evening out and the breaks are going the other way.

NU has caught fire at some point in the last 5 games and the team never gives up. The problem is we can't put 4 quarters together. Guess that's the hallmark of a very mediocre team.

The most worrisome thing about the 2005 team is the lack of improvement in the O-line during the year. Our rushing figures have steadily dropped off and for the last 2 games we are 1-dimensional.

The TV announcers seem so proud of the fact that the NU offensive plays are split pretty evenly between rushing and passing, but the yds per rush is so poor that we essentially don't have a rushing attack. What success we've had with passing has NOT opened up the rushing game. Unless we can run the ball, I think we will lose the last 3 games. Boy I hope I'm wrong!

I've been warning about this for weeks. Although I didn't believe we'd acutally be 5-6 after the first 5 games, I always knew it was possible. Two things are happening. 1) After playing an extremely soft first half of the season, we are being exposed against better teams and coaches (which is sad to say, considering the piss-poor condition of the North division) and 2) After catching several breaks to pull out early season wins, the luck is evening out and the breaks are going the other way.

:yeah

Couldnt agree with you more.

I'm going to have to disagree with most of you, we're not finishing the season 5 strait losses, there's just no way. KU is the lesbian aunt of the big 12, more laughable than a real threat and shouldn't be too much of a challenge. we'll finish 7-4, the next loss will not come to KU.

KU did beat Mizzou.

Could we finished 5-6? Yes, it's not unrealstic.

Could we finish 8-3? Yes, it's also not a unrealstic expectation

The KU game will tell us whether the Texas Tech loss was the begining of a downward spin that NU can't recover from or whether the last 2 of 3 losses were just NU's effort of starting out slow and not being able to finish off teams.

One thing is for sure though. Tech exposed our weak corners, and Missouri sunk the dagger in deeper by exposing our piss poor offensive line, specially the left side. You can bet on it that Kansas will attack the left side non stop this saturday and don't be suprised if the first sack comes from that side on a spin move.

I'm going to have to disagree with most of you, we're not finishing the season 5 strait losses, there's just no way.  KU is the lesbian aunt of the big 12, more laughable than a real threat and shouldn't be too much of a challenge. we'll finish 7-4, the next loss will not come to KU.

KU did beat Mizzou.

Mizzou, at least in recent times, plays NU well at home. They could beat NU and then turn around and get beat by Baylor. They have just been playing NU well.

I'm going to have to disagree with most of you, we're not finishing the season 5 strait losses, there's just no way.  KU is the lesbian aunt of the big 12, more laughable than a real threat and shouldn't be too much of a challenge. we'll finish 7-4, the next loss will not come to KU.

KU did beat Mizzou.

Mizzou, at least in recent times, plays NU well at home. They could beat NU and then turn around and get beat by Baylor. They have just been playing NU well.

Yeah, what is up with that anyway? I thought KU was their main rival, not NU...I, for one, will be very happy to see Brad Smith graduate! He is almost as good as Young, just doesn't have as good a coach (did I actually give a left handed compliment to Mack? Yuch!) or as good of players.