Alshon Jeffery

FWIW and forgotten because of what happened on the next series that precipitated this thread, but Kenny Bell and Victor Hampton got after each other pretty good after Nebraska's tough series in the 3rd qt. The ref's let that one play out and nobody's saying anything positive or negative (calling them thugs, dirty or whatever) about either of those players. Granted it didn't come to blows, but similar circumstances but with the roles reversed.

I think both fan bases are just mad because one of their best players on their respective side of the ball took themselves out of the game...

@dude... Sorry we didn't throw to him every play. Guess that means he was a nonfactor. Lol little victories, I guess.

Why didn't you throw to him every pass play? Was it because he wasn't open?

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, even in the NFL, the best receiver going against the best cornerback is still going to make a few plays. Let's say Calvin Johnson vs. Darrelle Revis. Johnson is still going to get a few catches, there is no way Revis can shut him down the whole game.

So you give credit to Dennard on the times he covered Jeffrey one on one and Jeffrey was not thrown to and Ill give credit to Jeffrey for the times he made plays. It was a good battle, I enjoyed watching it. And you come here and say Husker fans came to your site asking who Jeffrey was and that Pelini will cover him one on one and Dennard will shut him down. Did you guys know who Dennard was before the game? Should we be insulted that SC fans asked who he was? Before the game, I've heard the guys name before but I knew nothing about him bc I never watched SC the past few years. What do you expect Husker fans to say, Jeffrey will run all over Fonzie? And just for the record, we told you Pelini would man coverage him and he did. We were correct about that.

Yeah I'm sure if Alshon was white, gold teeth would have been brought up- stop trying to derail the thread. Anyways, just because hail Mary is not a high percentage play doesn't mean a successful one is necessarily a fluke. Like I said, if it was tipped up and a1 caught it then sure... A1 simply out-executed and out-physicalled the DBs and imposed his will. Go back and watch the replay, guys. I'm done repeating this, there's no simpler way to put it. If you're not willing to get it then fine.

You may not realize this, but you're arguing a point nobody is debating. Everybody here says Jeffrey is good, and everybody here believes he has skill. The point is he caught a hail mary pass, which is in essence a prayer play that he won't make often. You're under the belief we think A1 just got lucky. He used his skill to get the ball, quite obviously. We're arguing that he won't catch that ball often. Regardless of skill, hail mary's are very rarely successful and this is a proven fact.

Stop insinuating Jeffrey is the greatest WR ever and he will use his skill to come down with a hail mary pass more often than not. He simple won't, and CAN'T. It's impossible. This is just like returning a kick for a touchdown. It's not a fluke, and it's not impossible. But regardless of skill, kick returners do not return even half of the kicks they receive. It doesn't matter how good they are.

• Fire 1

Dennard is good. I never said he wasn't. Alshon showed out. Husker fans I referred to dismissed him as just another wr that dennard would shut down. I took exception to that and great satisfaction in alshons performance. And about the "shove in the back" on the hail mary- just watched the replay and... Really?? I mean... Really? Lol calling that a push off would be a reach.

I blame Tessatore and Gilmore for that hail mary completion. Had we had ANY OTHER commentary crew, A-1 drops that ball or is tackled before the end zone.

Like Ed Cunningham?

Okay, maybe not Cunningham, but the crew that called our game vs. Michigan State. Dave Pasch and Chris Spielman call our game, A-1 drops that ball. :)

Enhance- if you comprehended my post, you would know the only thing I took exception to was calling the play a fluke. You just agreed it wasn't. Not sure what your point is. I know Alshon is not GOAT. Not saying that play would work a majority of the time. On that particular snap, Alshon went beastmode all over your defense. Bottom-line. It's not a fluke- my only point. Yes, people are arguing that point. Read the thread.

Enhance- if you comprehended my post, you would know the only thing I took exception to was calling the play a fluke. You just agreed it wasn't. Not sure what your point is. I know Alshon is not GOAT. Not saying that play would work a majority of the time. On that particular snap, Alshon went beastmode all over your defense. Bottom-line. It's not a fluke- my only point. Yes, people are arguing that point. Read the thread.

Let it go man. We know what we need to know about A1. You'll never convince "the other side" anyway...

It's not a fluke, but it certainly isn't a play Alshon is going to make every time he goes up for the ball. To think that he will make that play 8/10 on our defense...or on any defense for that matter is idiotic and ignorant.

Was it a great play by Alshon? Yes, I don't think anyone will question otherwise.

If the circumstances came again would he make that play? I would think not.

Dennard is good. I never said he wasn't. Alshon showed out. Husker fans I referred to dismissed him as just another wr that dennard would shut down. I took exception to that and great satisfaction in alshons performance. And about the "shove in the back" on the hail mary- just watched the replay and... Really?? I mean... Really? Lol calling that a push off would be a reach.

And SC fans just thought Dennard was another CB Jeffrey would take to the shed...see where Im going with this?

Perhaps I just worded it poorly, but here's my thoughts on the issue. How many wide receivers can you name, right now, that have come down with more than one hail mary pass like that in their life? Not many, I assume. By extension, this makes the play a fluke catch he will probably never make again. This isn't a slight on his ability. It's an analysis of the situation and how he got the ball.

Which goes back to what knapplc said, and what I really meant to say before. The play itself was a fluke. Great catch by Jeffrey, but it's one he won't make again, more than likely.

Perhaps I just worded it poorly, but here's my thoughts on the issue. How many wide receivers can you name, right now, that have come down with more than one hail mary pass like that in their life? Not many, I assume. By extension, this makes the play a fluke catch he will probably never make again. This isn't a slight on his ability. It's an analysis of the situation and how he got the ball.

Which goes back to what knapplc said, and what I really meant to say before. The play itself was a fluke. Great catch by Jeffrey, but it's one he won't make again, more than likely.

lol at gamecocks--who purport to be a football fans--arguing that a Hail Mary TD is anything other than a fluke. This is a fine example of football stupidity showing through. If it's not a fluke why would any team ever punt? And why do you think it's named after a PRAYER? :lol: