How will Nebraska fare next year.

9-4 with that ninth win coming in our bowl game. Losses to OSU, Mich, Mich lite, and Wiscy as WAHusker predicted.

WI and MSU are beatable next year -- they lose QBs. OSU is a big issue. NW with Colter is a big issue. Mich with Dennard is a big issue.

Don't overlook IA or MN. IA is a better match-up, but MN has Gray returning, a big mobile QB, and we know what fits they have caused Bo historically.

Southern Miss is no slouch. UCLA might be better.

But, the question will be -- is 9-4 acceptable? How about 8-5? What about 10-3 with bad losses to the OSU and Mich?

Defense- Non-existent pass rush probably won't improve much, but maybe coach K brings us a twinkling of hope at the D line. Secondary should be ok as player improvement is finally noticeable towards the end of this season. David will be sorely missed at LB, but maybe Compton and Whaley will pick up some of the slack. Fisher should hang it up. Stafford might be the closest thing to David next season. I'd say overall we could be anywhere from 10% worse to 25% better on defense.

Offense. - O-line improvement? I hope so. Talent shouldn't be an excuse for poor play by the line. Kinnie is finally gone and hopefully many of the dropped passes. WR and TE play should improve. Rex and Martinez should both be better as well. Beck will hopefully be a year wiser as OC and make better play calling decisions. I think we will be significantly better on offense next season.

My guess is 10-2 at best in our second year of the big 10. Inconsistency never seems to go away and it will be our downfall again next season. I'd love to be wrong, but nothing these last 4 years have shown me otherwise.

• Fire 1

I am very worried about next year! Bo needs to check his ego at the door, get his $hit together and stop hiring/promoting friends. Next year we could very well end up being a .500 team. Special Teams was a problem during the Capital One Bowl, and guess who was in charge of that? The new DC, JP. Can't wait to see what the D is going to look like next year! JP is not ready to be a DC for a major program. T-Ragic might get a bit better, but he isn't going to be a superstar like people thought his freshman year. He isn't a leader, he isn't confident, and it looks like his running game has regressed. And where do I begin with his passing?! Bo better start looking at different options at QB. We can't rely on Burkhead all year long. Cotton needs to be fired, but TO won't let that happen. Cotton has been a big part of the University for some time now, and unless he is willing to take an admistrative position he will be the line coach until all hell breaks lose. Major changes need to be made this off-season, but I feel like Bo's ego will get in the way. He will NEVER admit when he's wrong. 9 wins just plain sucks! There is no reason we weren't in the B1G Champ. game and a BCS game as well this year.

We didn't bring Bo in to keep a mediocre program. That is why we fired Billy C. I don't see a huge difference yet between Bo and Billy C. We are still getting blown out when we lose games, and we are still losing games that we should have never lost. 9 wins was great 20 years ago, but in an age of 12-13 game seasons 9 just won't do! I love my Huskers and want to get back on top. This medicority can not continue much longer.

Well considering who we have returning on offense we should be scary good! To be honest, aside from David and Dennard there won't be a single senior I'll miss. We'll definitely have question marks at the corners, but hopefully between Jean-Baptiste, Seisay, Evans and Jackson and we can patch it together. It'll also make feel much better if Cotton isn't part of the staff next year. Even though I'm pissed and frustrated right now I do think things will get better.

damn, 16 of 22 guys coming back and we got shut out for 3 quarters against SC? yeah, that's scary alright......7-5, ugly.

I am very worried about next year! Bo needs to check his ego at the door, get his $hit together and stop hiring/promoting friends. Next year we could very well end up being a .500 team. Special Teams was a problem during the Capital One Bowl, and guess who was in charge of that? The new DC, JP. Can't wait to see what the D is going to look like next year! JP is not ready to be a DC for a major program. T-Ragic might get a bit better, but he isn't going to be a superstar like people thought his freshman year. He isn't a leader, he isn't confident, and it looks like his running game has regressed. And where do I begin with his passing?! Bo better start looking at different options at QB. We can't rely on Burkhead all year long. Cotton needs to be fired, but TO won't let that happen. Cotton has been a big part of the University for some time now, and unless he is willing to take an admistrative position he will be the line coach until all hell breaks lose. Major changes need to be made this off-season, but I feel like Bo's ego will get in the way. He will NEVER admit when he's wrong. 9 wins just plain sucks! There is no reason we weren't in the B1G Champ. game and a BCS game as well this year.

We didn't bring Bo in to keep a mediocre program. That is why we fired Billy C. I don't see a huge difference yet between Bo and Billy C. We are still getting blown out when we lose games, and we are still losing games that we should have never lost. 9 wins was great 20 years ago, but in an age of 12-13 game seasons 9 just won't do! I love my Huskers and want to get back on top. This medicority can not continue much longer.

Are you serious with this statement man, because frankly if that is the way you think thats a pretty sad ordeal.

I think next year will show for the first time in seemingly forever, "real" improvement from the Oline which makes our offense approach a lethal level. That will help our young, ultra-talented skill position players in a big way.

On the other side of the ball I'm clueless as the whole question contains wayyyyy too many variables. The season hinges on this, imo.

GBR!!

I am not sure whether to laugh or believe your o-line optimism. haha.

Unless the Defense turns a corner and becomes dominant again, next year (like this) will revolve around QB. T-Mart has looked less and less promising as a difference maker at that position.

Watch the games yesterday again, but in CFB today teams MUST be able to convert 3rd and longs. WI, OR, Stan, OSU ALL had that ability (due to QB play).

Feel free to laugh at anything you want.

Tmart played a good game vs USC which has a fine defense. He looked good on the option and his acceleration is coming back strong. Our Oline should be starting to bring in some road graders next year from the last two years good recruiting targeted precisely for that. We'll see but I see good reason for hope. Go ahead that spew your sarcasm, I don't care.

3rd & longs are vastly easier to complete when......

1. Your Oline holds up

2. Your wrs catch the ball

Actually, if those two variables above can be improved & the damn motion penalties reduced we won't have to worry so much about 3rd & long. TO's teams weren't big 3rd & long offenses either and all they did was win National Championships, Conference Championships, etc. How many NCs have your adoring Beavers, Cardinal & Badgers won the last 50 years?

We'll be just fine. But certainly do continue to whine, moan & sob. Whatever works for ya.

I think next year will show for the first time in seemingly forever, "real" improvement from the Oline which makes our offense approach a lethal level. That will help our young, ultra-talented skill position players in a big way.

On the other side of the ball I'm clueless as the whole question contains wayyyyy too many variables. The season hinges on this, imo.

GBR!!

I am not sure whether to laugh or believe your o-line optimism. haha.

Unless the Defense turns a corner and becomes dominant again, next year (like this) will revolve around QB. T-Mart has looked less and less promising as a difference maker at that position.

Watch the games yesterday again, but in CFB today teams MUST be able to convert 3rd and longs. WI, OR, Stan, OSU ALL had that ability (due to QB play).

Feel free to laugh at anything you want.

Tmart played a good game vs USC which has a fine defense. He looked good on the option and his acceleration is coming back strong. Our Oline should be starting to bring in some road graders next year from the last two years good recruiting targeted precisely for that. We'll see but I see good reason for hope. Go ahead that spew your sarcasm, I don't care.

3rd & longs are vastly easier to complete when......

1. Your Oline holds up

2. Your wrs catch the ball

Actually, if those two variables above can be improved & the damn motion penalties reduced we won't have to worry so much about 3rd & long. TO's teams weren't big 3rd & long offenses either and all they did was win National Championships, Conference Championships, etc. How many NCs have your adoring Beavers, Cardinal & Badgers won the last 50 years?

We'll be just fine. But certainly do continue to whine, moan & sob. Whatever works for ya.

Might say it differently ... but spot on. I'd apply this to Husker fans as well. My hope is to see another QB get some playing time in second halves to simple gain experience.

10 or more wins, competing with Michigan to go to the Big Ten CCG. Whichever makes it wins the conference and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Pretty much this. I think we'll finish second in the division. Michigan will be the clear favorite to win the conference.

I'll have what you're smoking.

Look at the schedule, you'll be fine.

Bo Pelini has a great mind for defense, and with the right players his defense can be incredibly effective.

However this season we did no have the players needed for Bo's system, and it seemed to me as though we were forcing a square peg into a round hole.

In addition we may have less of the players we need next season, and I fear for our defense in Bo cannon or will not adapt his defensive philosophy to match the players he has.

If Michigan can create an effective defense, why can't Bo?