I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

Although I'm far from being a TM fan, I think one thing would really stand out. We need at least one receiver who has outstanding hands. A Peterson or Swift type player. I really believe our receiving corps is marginal at best, and if you don't hit them perfectly in stride and on the numbers, most times they won't make the catch (and sometimes even that is not enough). How many drives would have been kept alive if we could make just a little bit tougher than average catch? Someone who turns a off-the mark pass into a completion. We have a barely average QB throwing to barely average WR's.

All that being said, does anyone who is not a "rose colored glasses fan" really believe that there is any question who next years starter will be?

Taylor's going to be our starter next year. As much as we can hope for another person, Taylor will start for reasons that the coaches think outweigh starting a different QB.

Taylor did not lose the game for us... Had Abdullah not fumbled and Jeffry not caught that bomb at the end of the second quarter, it would have been a different game. You cannot go into the red zone TWICE against a good team like SC and come away empty handed. TWICE! We should have gone up 20-9 and it didn't happen. Instead SC takes a 16-13 lead. That's demoralizing...Our O-line also looked HORRIBLE in pass protection. Credit SC's D-line though. They were beasts. The better team won pure and simple. We need better line play to beat better teams. Games are won in the trenches... Have we all forgotten this?

How fans can sit and watch Rex Burkhead leave EVERYTHING on the field and contrast that with Martinez who plays with such little sense of urgency and not be a left scratching their heads is beyond me.

I dearly hope T-Mart progresses and proves me and all naysayers wrong. But I just don't see it happening.

Rex makes mistakes as well, and often is not called on them. He misses blocks, he false-starts, he drops passes, he fumbles. Rex lost the Northwestern game for us FAR MORE than Martinez lost this game for us, but there isn't one thread looking to replace Burkhead with one of the three Freshmen.

It's comical how often Rex can screw up and it gets ignored, but Martinez has what was actually a pretty good game, and people want him benched, or they want to see "progress" or whatever the magic phrase is.

It's about as dumb as an argument calling for Scott Frost to replace Tim Beck because he's a NEBRASKA guy.

Fine, you think the drops are the WRs fault. I suspect their solid catches on poor throws are dumb luck.

A couple years ago, the Vikings WR corps was dreadful. Instead of cutting them, they went and got a new QB.

BAM! Suddenly these receivers had glue for hands and were catching everything.

You know why? Cause the passes were now reliably on time and on target. Same WRs, different result.

As mentioned, I hope T-Mart improves and proves me wrong. I really do.

Brett Favre -- Taylor Martinez. Uh huh.

Taylor did not lose the game for us... Had Abdullah not fumbled and Jeffry not caught that bomb at the end of the second quarter, it would have been a different game. You cannot go into the red zone TWICE against a good team like SC and come away empty handed. TWICE! We should have gone up 20-9 and it didn't happen. Instead SC takes a 16-13 lead. That's demoralizing...Our O-line also looked HORRIBLE in pass protection. Credit SC's D-line though. They were beasts. The better team won pure and simple. We need better line play to beat better teams. Games are won in the trenches... Have we all forgotten this?

He didn't win the game for NU either.

Look, go watch many of the other bowl games yesterday. Lots of teams suffered turnovers. Lots of teams faced "adversity."

Several of them fought through, fought back, won.

NU showed again that when the going gets rough, well, it will just get rougher. There is a trend there that is unmistakable.

How fans can sit and watch Rex Burkhead leave EVERYTHING on the field and contrast that with Martinez who plays with such little sense of urgency and not be a left scratching their heads is beyond me.

I dearly hope T-Mart progresses and proves me and all naysayers wrong. But I just don't see it happening.

Rex makes mistakes as well, and often is not called on them. He misses blocks, he false-starts, he drops passes, he fumbles. Rex lost the Northwestern game for us FAR MORE than Martinez lost this game for us, but there isn't one thread looking to replace Burkhead with one of the three Freshmen.

It's comical how often Rex can screw up and it gets ignored, but Martinez has what was actually a pretty good game, and people want him benched, or they want to see "progress" or whatever the magic phrase is.

Pretty much spot on, but thus is the life of the quarterback - most scrutinized position on the team.

As far as Martinez being a difference maker, it's tough to do so when your offensive line is that bad.

This game, I thought we took it to the SC d-line. At least, OL is far back on the list of problems yesterday.

We did at times, we didn't at others, and had drive ending penalties. Obviously it's ridiculous to expect perfection, but I still think a lot of what we do has more to do with Burkhead's elusiveness more-so than how well the line blocks.

The backup quarterback is often the most popular person on the team.

That's 100% correct. So give him a series or two, if he flops, then the question is answered. The thing is, no one, not Bo, not us fans, no one, can say how "the backup" might have performed if given an opportunity. Because he never was given that opportunity.

My original post was not about criticizing Martinez for 1 game. I made it a point to clarify that this loss was a team effort.

Critical 4th and 2 situation. Burkhead is out. Do you want the ball in Martinez hands running or throwing? How confident are you? I do not like the "he's our only option" spot we are in. Saying he is not losing games for us is fine, but is he winning games?

My original post was not about criticizing Martinez for 1 game. I made it a point to clarify that this loss was a team effort.

Critical 4th and 2 situation. Burkhead is out. Do you want the ball in Martinez hands running or throwing? How confident are you? I do not like the "he's our only option" spot we are in. Saying he is not losing games for us is fine, but is he winning games?

Martinez won us nine games this year.

Id bet that you didn't know that Rex was a qb in high school who ran zone read, so he might just be more experienced at it.

I bet that I did. And he lined up in the QB position at times, much like he does now, but was primarily a RB, Also split out as a WR, played FS and SS.

So we have a RB that ran the wildcat in high school on our roster that runs the zone read better than our QB. Comforting.

Martinez won us nine games this year.

Didn't really answer the question. Big difference between "winning" and "not losing".