Callahan's a LOSER

Hey former you stated they had talent to win 10 games IN A OPITION OFFESEN! Not in a wco it takes time bro and if you don't like it they are needing a new ohio booster I hear Frankie is still running the opition to the short side of the field on audibles!

:rollin good thing NU doesn't run the OPTION. You can't even spell it. :rollin

I don't see where you get off saying the option is dead

The option offense as a pure offense is dead, plain and simple. I don't care what anyone says. Any team that tries to run just simply an option offense these days will be lucky to get 5 wins, let alone 6. There's a reason why FSU, Miami, Florida, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Iowa, Colorado, UCLA, Cal, Washington, Texas Tech, which have all been succesful in the last 10 years only used a option pitch MAYBE here and there to keep defenses honest. You will never see those teams running option play after option play or even see them run 10-15 option right, option left plays in a game.

Some of you are stubborn and are still stuck in a damn timewarp called the 1990's and believe the option still works as a full time offense. Keep telling yourselves it will work, maybe you will buy what you are trying to sell. I stand by what i said. The option as a full time offense is dead, period. A offense that has a couple (that doesn't mean 10-15, just 2,3 plays) of option plays in its playbook, isn't though. If Callahan ran an option play once or twice in a game (and trust me he will the way he is working with beck this year), then i wouldn't mind it.

I had enough of the option the moment Crouch graduated. There's a reason why Airforce sucks with its option offense. There's a reason why Frank Solich will never get more then 6 wins in the Mac conference with his stubborn option offense still. Mark my words and quote me on them. Solich will never win more then 6 games at Ohio because of the option

Honestly, as a Mizzou fan, I fully support firing Callahan. That is purely out of fear of how good that West Coast Offense will be when he gets all of HIS boys in there to run it. Patience, guys. The only real knock I have on Husker fans is that they are a bit spoiled. You guys had such a good stretch of success that when you guys are facing these kind of mediocre season, you kind of panic. I say wait out the storm, because when Callahan gets HIS recruits running HIS offense, you guys will return to glory. Maybe not national championship glory, but without a doubt Big XII Championships.

We don't have the W/R's to run the W.C.O. smoothly yet but any w/r looking at this team has to be licking his chops knowing he has a chance to get early playing time. Same with with o/l recruits. This team is not that far off. IMO I think this staff is going to get it done. I just hope they don't read or at least take these post with a grain of salt, because all the complaining almost cost us T.O. back in the 70's and Colorado would have had all the trophies hanging in their trophy case.

GBR!!!!!

Actually, CU had one hanging in their case before TO did.

Let me get all of this hub ub straight. The spread option is basically a version of the WCO? I was always told FS recruited Dailey to run the spread option, and this is why Barney Cotton was hired as OC. So, basically FS was going to start running the WCO?

The option offense as a pure offense is dead, plain and simple. I don't care what anyone says. Any team that tries to run just simply an option offense these days will be lucky to get 5 wins, let alone 6. There's a reason why FSU, Miami, Florida, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Iowa, Colorado, UCLA, Cal, Washington, Texas Tech, which have all been succesful in the last 10 years only used a option pitch MAYBE here and there to keep defenses honest. You will never see those teams running option play after option play or even see them run 10-15 option right, option left plays in a game.

Some of you are stubborn and are still stuck in a damn timewarp called the 1990's and believe the option still works as a full time offense. Keep telling yourselves it will work, maybe you will buy what you are trying to sell. I stand by what i said. The option as a full time offense is dead, period. A offense that has a couple (that doesn't mean 10-15, just 2,3 plays) of option plays in its playbook, isn't though. If Callahan ran an option play once or twice in a game (and trust me he will the way he is working with beck this year), then i wouldn't mind it.

I had enough of the option the moment Crouch graduated. There's a reason why Frank Solich will never get more then 6 wins in the Mac conference with his stubborn option offense still. Mark my words and quote me on them. Solich will never win more then 6 games at Ohio because of the option

There's a reason why Airforce sucks with its option offense.

The reason Air Force isn't very good is because they, along w/ all of the other acadamies, don't get the talent most D1 programs get. Your the one that routinely says talent makes the difference.

No, the reason air force runs the option is because they cant get talent like the other academies. Tough to find good skill guys who can run, catch, and throw the football. You know, guys with ball skills, than to go out and get some guys who can run kind of fast and who you can make lift weights until they are big enough to block. Why do you think most high school teams are run based?

We don't have the W/R's to run  the W.C.O. smoothly yet but any w/r looking at this team has to be licking his chops knowing he has a chance to get early playing time. Same with with o/l recruits. This team is not that far off. IMO I think this staff is going to get it done. I just hope they don't read or at least take these post with a grain of salt, because all the complaining almost cost us T.O. back in the 70's and Colorado would have had all the trophies hanging in their trophy case.

GBR!!!!!

Let me get all of this hub ub straight. The spread option is basically a version of the WCO? I was always told FS recruited Dailey to run the spread option, and this is why Barney Cotton was hired as OC. So, basically FS was going to start running the WCO?

Yeah. Doesn't make much sense does it? Nameless doesn't know what he's talking about. Meyer ran the option AT LEAST 10 times a game when he was at Utah. And like Nameless said it was dead and opponents alwasy sto....oh, wait a second...it was really successful.

And I'll hold you to that prediction about Ohio, Nameless. He's got 4 this year already with 3 games left. And to borrow an argument from Husker Nation: "He doesn't have HIS players to run HIS system yet. Anyway, I want to be clear again that this is not an argument to bring the option back to Nebraska. We crossed that bridge long ago. But it really annoys me when people will make up things just to make themselves feel better about the current situation.

I had enough of the option the moment Crouch graduated. There's a reason why Airforce sucks with its option offense. There's a reason why Frank Solich will never get more then 6 wins in the Mac conference with his stubborn option offense still. Mark my words and quote me on them. Solich will never win more then 6 games at Ohio because of the option

Some of you are stubborn and are still stuck in a damn timewarp called the 1990's and believe the option still works as a full time offense.

Someone said the same thing back in the 90s. "That option offense just doesn't work anymore. It's a thing of the 70s."

I had enough of the option the moment Crouch graduated

Me too. I got so sick of him running all over everyone. I hoped I would never see that again. Man, was he terrible at that option or what? :sarcasm

We don't have the W/R's to run  the W.C.O. smoothly yet but any w/r looking at this team has to be licking his chops knowing he has a chance to get early playing time. Same with with o/l recruits. This team is not that far off. IMO I think this staff is going to get it done. I just hope they don't read or at least take these post with a grain of salt, because all the complaining almost cost us T.O. back in the 70's and Colorado would have had all the trophies hanging in their trophy case.

GBR!!!!!

Let me get all of this hub ub straight. The spread option is basically a version of the WCO? I was always told FS recruited Dailey to run the spread option

Whoever told you FS recruited dailey to run a spread option played a trick on you. FS wouldn't even know the first thing about a spread option, let alone the forward pass. What Meyer ran and what Solich ran are 2 different systems. If you don't believe me, go watch a Ohio game and watch a Florida game.

Solich ran the option. Meyer ran a spread offense that incorported option plays. That's why you hear his offense referred to as a spread option. If anyone watched the Bill Callahan show a couple of weeks ago when we were facing Missouri that weekend, he talked about how Missouri was basically trying to do the same thing as he did at utah and his words were, and i quote "What Urban Meyer did at Utah wasn't anything new that revolutionized football, he runs a lot of wco with option plays in it". Which again is my whole point from the begining. Some people don't even bother reading the posts. That or they just skim through posts and when they find something to disagree with, they begin posting without finishing the post.

Whoever told you FS recruited dailey to run a spread option played a trick on you. FS wouldn't even know the first thing about a spread option, let alone the forward pass. What Meyer ran and what Solich ran are 2 different systems. If you don't believe me, go watch a Ohio game and watch a Florida game.

Solich ran the option. Meyer ran a spread offense that incorported option plays. That's why you hear his offense referred to as a spread option. If anyone watched the Bill Callahan show a couple of weeks ago when we were facing Missouri that weekend, he talked about how Missouri was basically trying to do the same thing as he did at utah and his words were, and i quote "What Urban Meyer did at Utah wasn't anything new that revolutionized football, he runs a lot of wco with option plays in it". Which again is my whole point from the begining. Some people don't even bother reading the posts. That or they just skim through posts and when they find something to disagree with, they begin posting without finishing the post.

Alex Smith had 135 rushes last year. If you take away the 18 sacks, that's about 10 rushes per game. And that doesn't count the rollout passes or the options that he pitched or shovel passed it. And he did that A LOT. Believe me, I watched the games. That doesn't sound like WCO with a little option mixed in. Just because Callahan says Urban Meyer was running the WCO, doesn't mean its true. I'd still like to read that interview with Meyer that you said you saw.

Same Crap, diffeent day.

NO FRIGGEN TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every recruiting guru has said it.

Most of our old coaches have said it

Top players from the past have said it.

But internet GEEKS no more than all of these people!!! Yea right!!!

This staff had no QB or Oline when they got here. That means no QB or Oline to run the friggen option either. They inhereited a team with no heart, no morals and no desire to win against top teams. See the 3 losses to quality talent, I could care less about the 10 or 9 wins how ever you count.

You can not correct in one class what was done for the previous seven.

Reality is we are at least another 2 years from being remotely competitive with top programs. But Pairity may have a word in that too.

Support the team, that is all you have to do!

The only losers are the ones that do not see what has happened and what is happening.