Callahan's a LOSER

Yeah? To bad its 2005 not 2001

Yeah, and college football has changed dramatically in 3+ years :wacko:

If that's the case, then Bob Stoops should have changed his offense this year to better fit his inexperienced players rather then running complex plays for an experienced team like OU's 2001-2004 teams, but he DIDN'T. You go with what you have done in the past and pray to god the players pick it up. The same could be said for Texas Tech who is starting a guy for the first time this year. Should Leach change his offense around just because the Hodges has never played in it as a starter?

Well, those kids were recruited to play in those offenses. Apples and oranges.

The coaches are trying to keep consistancy, not complicate it even more.

Sure and with all the shifting before the snap, false starts, and illegal formation penalties, it sure isnt complicated. :blink:

I mean god forbid when TO and Bury Switzer go on the air and clearly STATE that the option is a offense that is outdated and wouldn't work in college football anymore on a consistant basis,

This makes it very obvious that either: 1) you dont undstand English 2) You lie 3) You just dont pay attention.

Did you even watch the game?? Switzer clearly stated the shot (after stating how glad he was that he never had to play NU in the 90's) that TOs offense would still work today, the problem is that no coaches are desciples of it. I have the tape on film. Get copy. You're flat out wrong.

What plays would that be since you are not talking about the option?

Are you telling me that in their 8 pound playbook, there are not any plays they can run with success on a consistent basis. With JD, he couldnt have used more rollouts or bootlegs, maybe mix in a little power I, maybe a fake QB keeper/TE streak (Herian). There are so many things they could do differently.

His system won't work? You mean the same one that USC is running and Notre Dame is running with the proper personal?

Sigh, need we go over this again (do I have to post the article, again :blink: ). USC does not run the WCO, they did under Hackett, see how that worked?? ND is playing well right now, but they have a very good coach, who has been very, very successful, not a .500 head coach who has more losing season than winning.

Being a huge Husker fan and living in Florida, it is getting embassassing to go to watch the games. We were one of the few teams that had a quality rushing offense. That has been taken away by our new coach, as well as loosing our old coaching staffl FIRE the people who got you there and you ending up rebuilding a system that didn't need rebuilding, only tweekingl. We used to reload, not rebuild. Why did our Board of Regents give a brand new coach such lattitude? They have given him just enough rope to hang himself!

Sigh, need we go over this again (do I have to post the article, again :blink: ). USC does not run the WCO, they did under Hackett, see how that worked?? ND is playing well right now, but they have a very good coach, who has been very, very successful, not a .500 head coach who has more losing season than winning.

Do we need to tell you again that the WCO can and does encompass many many offenses? In general one that runs and passes out of many formations? Uses motion when a mismatch is possible?

They don't have to call it the WCO to be A WC type offense. I know you hate it man, but to effectively hate you have to know what you are hating :)

His system won't work? You mean the same one that USC is running and Notre Dame is running with the proper personal? Surely you can't be referring to those 2 offenses who are identical to what Callahan is trying to run. I guess USC being back to back national champs and on the verge of a third is a failure. Maybe Notre Dame fans should be enlightened to know that Weiss's offense isn't going anywhere now that Ty got all the talent for Weiss.

Utah Husker, 4 of Florida's 5 wins are over Wyoming, LA Tech, a 3-4 Tennessee team (which Spurrier beat with his below average South Carolina team) and Kentucky. They played Georgia on a neutral field and if it was at Georgia, they would have lost it. Leak lost both games on the road against ranked teams (Alabama, LSU). I still don't buy Florida's success this season because they haven't proven anything. Meyers will have Florida at 8-3 (remaining wins over Vandy and South Carolina-maybe- and a loss to Florida St) this season after playing a schedule that is similiar to Nebraska's but already having come into Gainsville with a team that ran a spread offense under Zook.

"Ty got all the talent for Weiss." Are you kidding me? One of the main reasons Willingham got fired was because everyone was saying that the quality of athletes were down at ND. Many people thought they would have to lower the academic standards to be successful. Ask IrishAZ, I'm sure he remembers the debate. In the runup to the ND-USC game, all anyone could talk about is how missmatched the Irish defense was (especially their secondary), and if it was decided by talent alone, USC would rip them apart. So Weiss inherits a team with supposedly inferior talent, and makes them successful and almost knocks off the two-time defending national champions. You make it sound like he just came in and ran the same offense as Ty. No. He's a coach's coach. An X's and O's guy. He knows how to gameplan and adjust, and they will only get better with the players he wants in the future.

As former pointed out, BC's offense is not what USC is running. How many times do we have to go over this. I grew up watching Norm Chow's BYU teams, and never once did I hear a play call that took half the play clock to even say, let alone execute.

I really don't see your point detailing Florida's schedule. If you think the SEC east is the same as the Big12 North, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It doesn't change the fact that Meyer has won everywhere he's gone...and he's done it by not being stubborn.

[
If that's the case, then Bob Stoops should have changed his offense this year to better fit his inexperienced players rather then running complex plays for an experienced team like OU's 2001-2004 teams, but he DIDN'T. You go with what you have done in the past and pray to god the players pick it up. The same could be said for Texas Tech who is starting a guy for the first time this year. Should Leach change his offense around just because the Hodges has never played in it as a starter?

Well, those kids were recruited to play in those offenses. Apples and oranges.

Texas Tech has a new starter every year. Leach grooms each qb for 3 or 4 years before he starts them.

I mean god forbid when TO and Bury Switzer go on the air and clearly STATE that the option is a offense that is outdated and wouldn't work in college football anymore on a consistant basis,

This makes it very obvious that either: 1) you dont undstand English 2) You lie 3) You just dont pay attention.

Did you even watch the game?? Switzer clearly stated as his parting shot (after stating how glad he was that he never had to play NU in the 90's) that TOs offense would still work today, the problem is that no coaches are desciples of it. I have the tape on film. Get copy. You're flat out wrong.

I seem to remember some sort of interview during the game. It had 2 former coaches. One of the coaches said that NU could use some of the plays out of the other coaches' playbook. I think that a coach said that NU could sure use some of the players from the 1995 team.

As former pointed out, BC's offense is not what USC is running.  How many times do we have to go over this.  I grew up watching Norm Chow's BYU teams, and never once did I hear a play call that took half the play clock to even say, let alone execute.

So then Cory Ross saying it is a similar offense is BS? Callahan saying it is similar is crap as well?

As former pointed out, BC's offense is not what USC is running.  How many times do we have to go over this.  I grew up watching Norm Chow's BYU teams, and never once did I hear a play call that took half the play clock to even say, let alone execute.

Callahan saying it is similar is crap as well?

billy c. also said he didnt make a "throat slashing gesture" either. <_<

Of course they're going to say that. Who wouldn't? "Look be patient, we're trying to do what brings multiple national championships." Wow, I want multiple national championships. I guess they are on the right track.

I'm not saying they're lying when they say its similar. Because it is...similar. But BCs version is way more complicated (more of the NFL version). Combine this with his apparant lack of ability to gameplan and adjust and you have the 96th rated offense in the country.

heres a fact, whatever it is that BC wants to call his offense results in basicly no rushing attack to speak of this year, and lots of mistakes. BC needs to play to the strengths of the players hes got, whatever it may be. it would be great if we had the talent of a USC, but we dont so we cant play like USC. hell i would like to live like i had a billion in the bank, but i dont so i live like the middle class worker dud that i am and i work with what i have, just kind of a basic rule of life to live within your meanes, point being i dont think BC is living within his meanes. i just have my doubts that BC will ever be able to install this offense and run it the way he wants to with college level athletes that will come to NU when he had pros struggling to run it.

Did you even watch the game?? Switzer clearly stated the shot (after stating how glad he was that he never had to play NU in the 90's) that TOs offense would still work today, the problem is that no coaches are desciples of it. I have the tape on film. Get copy. You're flat out wrong.

That's just sad you can't realize Switzer was only being generous. There's a reason WHY there are NO coaches who are desciples of the option. If the option was such a wonderful offense then explain to me why Florida St or Miami or Texas or Oklahoma or USC or Notre Dame for that matter did not try to switch their offense to a option offense that won 3 national titles in 4 years in the 90's. Logic says you switch to an offense that is winning national titles and none of those teams did it. Let me repeat that so you can absorb it. IF the OPTION offense was such a wonderful offense, then WHY IN THE HELL did these teams never try to duplicate TO's offense in order to win national titles?

If that's not the case, then explain why Utah went to the spread (WCO, however you want to define it) ofense under Meyer. Same thing for Florida, Florida St, Miami, USC, CAL, UCLA, Washington, Notre Dame, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. <_<

After a 5-6 year , how much did you expect our record to improve? REALISTICLY? I was happy as hell to jump out to a 5-1 start. In the back of my mind I knew there would still be growing pains.

Give BC 4 or 5 years. Then if we still havent improved upon things then I might think differently. Its a damned good thing that TO had people with more patients around than this.

:yeah

That's just sad you can't realize Switzer was only being generous. There's a reason WHY there are NO coaches who are desciples of the option. If the option was such a wonderful offense then explain to me why Florida St or Miami or Texas or Oklahoma or USC or Notre Dame for that matter did not try to switch their offense to a option offense that won 3 national titles in 4 years in the 90's. Logic says you switch to an offense that is winning national titles and none of those teams did it. Let me repeat that so you can absorb it. IF the OPTION offense was such a wonderful offense, then WHY IN THE HELL did these teams never try to duplicate TO's offense in order to win national titles?

If that's not the case, then explain why Utah went to the spread (WCO, however you want to define it) ofense under Meyer. Same thing for Florida, Florida St, Miami, USC, CAL, UCLA, Washington, Notre Dame, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. <_<

:yeah

If that's not the case, then explain why Utah went to the spread (WCO, however you want to define it) ofense under Meyer.

Now Utah ran the WCO? They ran the spread option, which is a relatively new phenomenon. IMO, the spread option is employed to use the effectiveness of the option when you don't have the hogs to push people around. So instead of lining up and knocking people over, you spread the field with 5 wide and run through the holes in the defense. Very effective the way Meyer ran it.

But to answer your post the reason no one runs the option is that most of those schools don't need to. Superior athletes already want to go to schools like that. Not to mention the fact that the NFL would never run the option, so all the big time recievers and pro-style quarterbacks wouldn't want to go to an option school. But the option is still used as an equalizer. That's why the service academies run it. They are at a disadvantage when it comes to recruting, so a well-run option offense demands a disciplined defense to defend it. Not to mention the teams that play against it only get one week a year to prepare for it. Now, if you can run the option with speed and strength...then you've got something. That's what Nebraska used to do. I'm not saying we should go back to it...I just think it's really naive to say that its dead and irrelevant in today's College Football. There are athletes out there who want to play QB or OL in a running scheme that wouldn't necessarily be recruited by other schools at those positions but are great athletes.