Ponder this...

donesman

You guys make great points. However, consistancy is the apple of my eye. Turner showed he can perform great every game he PLAYS. Why not give him the reigns of this offense. You know Beck is thinking about it. I'm not talking about If anyone was dogging it in the past. I'm talking about where this is heading...

That's not necessarily true. He had two big derps drops against Minnesota, I think. Regardless, I see your point. He is very athletic and has a ton of potential, and he needs to get on the field. Whether or not he eventually goes back to QB, I don't know. It's important that he gets on the field and makes plays more-so than he did this year, though.

There would be no receivers on the field if two drops in a game disqualifies you.

You guys make great points. However, consistancy is the apple of my eye. Turner showed he can perform great every game he PLAYS. Why not give him the reigns of this offense. You know Beck is thinking about it. I'm not talking about If anyone was dogging it in the past. I'm talking about where this is heading...

That's not necessarily true. He had two big derps drops against Minnesota, I think. Regardless, I see your point. He is very athletic and has a ton of potential, and he needs to get on the field. Whether or not he eventually goes back to QB, I don't know. It's important that he gets on the field and makes plays more-so than he did this year, though.

There would be no receivers on the field if two drops in a game disqualifies you.

Turner was inconsistent this year, which is why he didn't see the field. That was more or less my point.

Well...here's a good wrench thrown into your assumption....I've got some "inside" sources stating that Jamal might redshirt next year. He'll do some solid bulking up and then decide whether or not he wants to play QB or play WR. I honestly think he is better suited as a WR....

Since when is it the players choice to decide where he wants to play?

Well...I was told Jamal, Heard, Abdullah, and Green were given the options to sort out which of them redshirts and none of them chose to redshirt before the season started.

JT, Heard and Abdullah were never asked to redshirt.

I've just heard otherwise da skers....you may be right man....not saying you are not.

Yeah...What good is Turner in the middle of the field if we don't have a quarterback to get him the ball there? It's no news that Taylor can't throw the ball worth a damn. We've been talking about that for 2 years now. From what I've seen that will never change plus factor in he's not the same runner as before. He's got no stock behind the line. His value has dropped dramatically!

Aside from the fact that his passer rating went up, not down, from the middle of the season to the end, and he's had a very-injured O line in front of him both years, WRs who can't catch the ball, and defenses routinely key on stopping him, you're right. He's worthless.

His #72in the nation passer rating is garbage. His #58 in the nation All-Purpose yards mark is garbage. His #66 in the nation Points Responsible For ranking is garbage. All while being a sophomore. And breaking in a new offensive system. And working with one of the youngest offenses we've had at Nebraska in five years.

Yep. Let's just sh#t-can Martinez and bring in the next guy. Doesn't matter how good he is, he's got to be better than Martinez. Right?

Absolutely. Obviously won't be better right off the bat. That's not what I'm asking for though. I know you're a huge supporter of the guy cause I see your posts backing him up. If we are going all in with Martinez, which is what we're currently doing, we are not going to be in good shape...Those numbers are middle of the pack and nothing to get excited about. You're right the O-line was beat up, but even when he's given time he doesn't utilize the pocket.

Take away all the drops and put in an even realtively healthy OL and TM has a FANTASTIC year stat wise. No way to prove it...but I'd bet my next paycheck on him moving up to the top 25% in many of those categories.

This very well might be first broken seal that starts the chain of events leading to the impending apocalypse of December 2012. All the pieces fit. Bo is acting as agent for the anti-Christ by sacrificing the best player to ever don the scarlet and cream, and what better way than putting him behind this offensive line. You must be right. There is no doghouse and Jamal knows all the plays. I just feel dumb for not piecing this together sooner. Thank you OP.

:facepalm:

This very well might be first broken seal that starts the chain of events leading to the impending apocalypse of December 2012. All the pieces fit. Bo is acting as agent for the anti-Christ by sacrificing the best player to ever don the scarlet and cream, and what better way than putting him behind this offensive line. You must be right. There is no doghouse and Jamal knows all the plays. I just feel dumb for not piecing this together sooner. Thank you OP.

:facepalm:

Oh man you got the rare Ladyhawke :facepalm:....that's not good.

Yeah...What good is Turner in the middle of the field if we don't have a quarterback to get him the ball there? It's no news that Taylor can't throw the ball worth a damn. We've been talking about that for 2 years now. From what I've seen that will never change plus factor in he's not the same runner as before. He's got no stock behind the line. His value has dropped dramatically!

Aside from the fact that his passer rating went up, not down, from the middle of the season to the end, and he's had a very-injured O line in front of him both years, WRs who can't catch the ball, and defenses routinely key on stopping him, you're right. He's worthless.

His #72in the nation passer rating is garbage. His #58 in the nation All-Purpose yards mark is garbage. His #66 in the nation Points Responsible For ranking is garbage. All while being a sophomore. And breaking in a new offensive system. And working with one of the youngest offenses we've had at Nebraska in five years.

Yep. Let's just sh#t-can Martinez and bring in the next guy. Doesn't matter how good he is, he's got to be better than Martinez. Right?

Absolutely. Obviously won't be better right off the bat. That's not what I'm asking for though. I know you're a huge supporter of the guy cause I see your posts backing him up. If we are going all in with Martinez, which is what we're currently doing, we are not going to be in good shape...Those numbers are middle of the pack and nothing to get excited about. You're right the O-line was beat up, but even when he's given time he doesn't utilize the pocket.

Take away all the drops and put in an even realtively healthy OL and TM has a FANTASTIC year stat wise. No way to prove it...but I'd bet my next paycheck on him moving up to the top 25% in many of those categories.

But you would need to do the same for all other quarterbacks for that to be a fair comparison.

• Fire 1