Interesting NFL News

ladyhawke

I wouldn't be so sure this is a dumb move Bill Callahan is suppose to be a good O-Line Coach but if he is wonder why the Jets didn't re-sign him?

This is what I wrote in HuskerShark's status:

He's not a good offensive line coach. If he was, NYJ's offensive line wouldn't have gotten progressively worse while he was there. Not sure why that myth won't die.

This. Though didn't the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! have problems with O-Line injuries this year? It's one thing to have hired a crappy O-Line and have them get bit by the injury bug (read: Dallas), but it's another to have a proven line get bit by said bug...right?

according to ESPN..

Callahan spent four seasons with the Jets, presiding over one of the league's best lines for the first three years. It took a big step back this season, in large part, because he believed he could turn RT Wayne Hunter into a solid starter. That didn't work out.

He was assistant coach of the year w/ the Jets. I think it's safe to say he's a great OL coach.

Callahan's a guy that's found his niche and accepted it. There are many former HC's out there that are doing well and happy being a position coach or coordinator. They tried and failed at the big job but are well suited for a lesser role, no shame in that.

I wouldn't be shocked to turn on the TV four years from now and see Bo Pelini on the sidelines as DC for an NFL team. He could stay somewhat behind the scenes (let's be honest, he's not comfortable as the CEO and face of Husker football) and could concentrate on what he likely enjoys most.

Callahan's a guy that's found his niche and accepted it. There are many former HC's out there that are doing well and happy being a position coach or coordinator. They tried and failed at the big job but are well suited for a lesser role, no shame in that.

Having all that NU buyout money in the bank would make it easier to accept a demotion from HC to position coach.

I wouldn't be shocked to turn on the TV four years from now and see Bo Pelini on the sidelines as DC for an NFL team. He could stay somewhat behind the scenes (let's be honest, he's not comfortable as the CEO and face of Husker football) and could concentrate on what he likely enjoys most.

You can't compare Bo to Callahan. VERY different situations. And I have my doubts about whether you really know Pelini's comfortable level as CEO/face of the Huskers. Let's just not go there.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/321594-lazy-sanchez-ripped-again-teammates-want-manning?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4

'Lazy' Sanchez ripped again, teammates want Manning

A season of discord and dysfunction has become an offseason featuring more discord and dysfunction, including Jets players painting an unflattering picture of Mark Sanchez. They raised serious doubts about his ability to lead the Jets, questioning everything from his practice habits to the organization's coddling of him to how much of a role he truly played in the team making two consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances. They also invited the opportunity to replace Sanchez with Peyton Manning. ... "We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice," said one player. "He's lazy and content because he knows he's not going to be benched."

Jets are a mess.

I wouldn't be so sure this is a dumb move Bill Callahan is suppose to be a good O-Line Coach but if he is wonder why the Jets didn't re-sign him?

This is what I wrote in HuskerShark's status:

He's not a good offensive line coach. If he was, NYJ's offensive line wouldn't have gotten progressively worse while he was there. Not sure why that myth won't die.

This. Though didn't the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! have problems with O-Line injuries this year? It's one thing to have hired a crappy O-Line and have them get bit by the injury bug (read: Dallas), but it's another to have a proven line get bit by said bug...right?

according to ESPN..

Callahan spent four seasons with the Jets, presiding over one of the league's best lines for the first three years. It took a big step back this season, in large part, because he believed he could turn RT Wayne Hunter into a solid starter. That didn't work out.

He was assistant coach of the year w/ the Jets. I think it's safe to say he's a great OL coach.

Ugh. He sucks. He won assistant coach of the year because they had an obscene amount of O-line talent and they ran the ball more than any team in the NFL because they had a sh**ty rookie QB and good runningbacks. It's not like he took some average line and made them great with brilliant tutelage. Everything the guy touches turns to sh#t.