KBell's socks during bowl game

I guess this goes on along with the dreaded B______t conversation. Some are for it, others against it. But wearing a team uniform is different than a hair do, face paint, or even sweat bands.

You are part of a team, the uniform says that you are united in your effort, you work together. I could care less about his hair, his tatts or anything else he may incorporate into his attire, but the team uniform is sacred. It says I play for the Nebraska Football TEAM.

He can wear anything he wants under the uniform, but all parts of the uniform itsself should be the same on each and every player. It sets up problems down the road it seems to me. If we get a hotshot player who decides he wants to wear a gold sash around his waist, it will be okay, or any other outlandish thing that might be gotten by with. Once it starts, it can pick up speed quickly.

As for Rex doing anything like it, I doubt it would ever happen. He is a team player, they all need to be team players, this is not the NFL.

I guess this goes on along with the dreaded B______t conversation. Some are for it, others against it. But wearing a team uniform is different than a hair do, face paint, or even sweat bands.

Practice jersey = what he wears under his uniform.

Bandana = what players wear under their helmets.

Same thing!

Bell does not do it to draw attention. He does it to remind him of where he's come from. It's a symbol of the importance of hard work, a personal reminder for him. I can't believe that can be construed as a bad thing.

It isn't a part of his uniform. If it shows through at the seams and the cuts of the jersey, it's very minor.

Okay I guess he just forgot the right socks, I think this was what the thread was about. It shows one of two things, individualism being allowed by the head coach, or the inmates are running the asylum.

I know it is not that big of deal to most, but we have problems on this team, some say heart, some say players are treated differently, some say players get in trouble never to return, some say players are granted priviledges that others are not. Does this fall in any of those categories. Anything that is not team positive is not good. I have no idea how the players feel about it. I am just looking from outside seeing lack of effort, inability to learn schemes, to progress by some players and wonder what the problems are.

My guess is that this does not bother the others, but if it does, even only slightly it needs to be corrected.

Okay I guess he just forgot the right socks, I think this was what the thread was about. It shows one of two things, individualism being allowed by the head coach, or the inmates are running the asylum.

I know it is not that big of deal to most, but we have problems on this team, some say heart, some say players are treated differently, some say players get in trouble never to return, some say players are granted priviledges that others are not. Does this fall in any of those categories. Anything that is not team positive is not good. I have no idea how the players feel about it. I am just looking from outside seeing lack of effort, inability to learn schemes, to progress by some players and wonder what the problems are.

My guess is that this does not bother the others, but if it does, even only slightly it needs to be corrected.

I don't think there are any problems like you are referring to. This team is like a family. From everything I have seen, I am very impressed with how they all stick together no matter what.

As far as Kenny Bell, I have always gotten the impression that he is a really level-headed guy who is mature for his age. I have no problem with him wearing different socks or his blue practice jersey. He's a guy with a lot of swagger, and I think other players on this team need to pick up on some of his swagger, such as the defensive backs. Maybe Smoove Seisay will help with the swagger next year.

My god people will complain about any thing. Did Kennys socks lose the game no..Did he look different then any other player on the field. YES his socks were different. Did his Helmet have the big red N on the side, Did his jersey and pants not match the rest of the team. Yes it did cause he is part of the HUSKER nation. I promise you that his teamates didnt look at him and say this dude thinks he is better then the rest of his Husker teams due to some socks. In fact I bet you that half the team probably praised him for having them on. Line up every player on that team on the sideline and I promise you some thing is different from their cleats to the top of their helmet. Whether it be shoe laces, socks, wristbands, undershirts, eye paint, mouth pieces and the sheilds on the facemask and helmet style. Noone is complaining about the amount of wristbands and arm sleaves and accesseries that Abdulla wears..

They are not in the military they are out playing the game they love and doing it for us that couldnt make it as far as they have. Thats what gives our Huskers their look.

• Fire 1

The NFL fines players every game for the same actions. It is the product of the University of Nebraska, a unifrom signifies unity. There are no I's in team. Personally I would love to see the names come off the jerseys. Banded together as a single force. This team is not when things like this happen, he is special, treated differently. Not good. How many others have this opprotunity, to make thenselves stand out from others on the team, it is future marketing for his NFL career it seems.

Whether it cost a game has no bearing, it was noticed by someone on the is board, others on the team know it happens. Does it affect the team, I have no real idea, but I know things like this cause problems, festering from inside.

Like I said I could care less what he wears under the jersey, but anything that is visible, should be the same on each and every player, unless an injury or protective product is the difference.

Not lack of discipline, lack of control from the coaching staff.