Colts interview Tressel........

Comish

Tressel is a good coach. The whole ink for autograph cover-up thing seems a bit overblown. In light of more recent scandals anyway.

That said, I'm not sure how easy it is to jump fr HC in FBS to be an HC in the NFL. Sure, I realize there are a few guys who hop back and forth--Sabin, Carroll, Les Miles, etc. But generally NFL HCs have paid their dues as position coaches and assistants in the NFL. Tressel hasn't done any of that.

Tressel is a good coach. The whole ink for autograph cover-up thing seems a bit overblown. In light of more recent scandals anyway.

That said, I'm not sure how easy it is to jump fr HC in FBS to be an HC in the NFL. Sure, I realize there are a few guys who hop back and forth--Sabin, Carroll, Les Miles, etc. But generally NFL HCs have paid their dues as position coaches and assistants in the NFL. Tressel hasn't done any of that.

Carroll wasn't a college head coach before he made it to the NFL. He was always an NFL guy. The transition doesn't work very well. Tressel could work since he didn't care about the rules in the first place college level. He would have to get away from being conservative to being more open in his offense.