I think my Son may have been targeted for abduction tonight

NUance

Hope he's okay.

HANC

If so, God was looking after him... Hope they catch the scum who was involved... Hopefully for everyone's sake, it wasn't the case

krc1995

Why? I'm asking for details not to be nosey, but to get smarter and protect my own a little better.

C N Red

Wow! Thats scary. Whats the story?:

• av-2112.jpg

HUSKER 37
    Moving to a thread..Sometimes I feel like I share too much stuff with you guys but what are friends for? Plus it might help remind someone to keep an eye on their kids.

Sorry..What with the mentions of my Mom dying in the "What are you listening to" thread, I already feel like I'm trolling for sympathy.

My Son and I were working on his bike and decided after 9PM that the only place open to get metric wrenches was the local Walmart..We'd wanted to get some frozen Lasagne anyway..We went through the food section, then over to the bike section..then we split up with me going to the tool section and him hanging out by the toy section..About 10 minutes later I'd began to think I should probably locate him and since the metric wrench set I found didn't seem to have a 15mm size like I thought I needed, I'd go back to the toys/bikes section and try a few of the wrenches it Did have on a similar bike to see if any fit.

He ran up behind me which is usually normal, but the look on his face was different..I asked if he was OK, and he said he thought someone might be trying to "take him"...These two teenagers? or youngish 20-something couple were on a phone to someone and following him around..He overheard the girl mention "He's about 4 feet and wearing a Nebraska shirt"..then a few moments later she was overheard saying, " If you're going to do it, do it now"..

I don't normally get very mad at stuff, but I felt the "Mothering instinct" kick in and wanted to find these people and beat the crap out of them...

We'd found them within 5 minutes, but I found it hard to believe these two would be involved with something like this..My Son doesn't lie, so I continued to follow them for awhile to see if they were scoping out other kids that might be in Wally World after 10PM on a Friday night.

Then looked for a security guard or manager to alert them.

I was told there were no security people after 9PM, but later after we checked out and almost out the door, were approached by the manager I'd talked to and another employee that "used to work security" there..He tried to assure me they were probably just shoplifting, and after I mentioned we saw the couple trying to leave throuhgh the closed entrance, said that they probably got good survelance photos of them, then.

I can't help feeling like I should have done more..at least involve the police.

Not that it wasnt...but is there chance those idiots were just messing with your kid? Teenagers can be morons like 99% of the time, trust me, I teach!

That finally did occur to me today ..And I suggested that to my Son ..partly to make him feel a little less apprehensive..(He's been a little more clingy all weekend, but then, so have I) and at 1st he didn't want to tell his Mom tonight when I dropped him off, but I suggested this as a way of maybe freaking her out a little less (She's a teacher, too).

I'd be more likely to believe this if it were two guys, but this was a girl and her BF or brother? who didn't seem to be as "in to" it as she did...

The guy was wearing headphones around his neck, basketball shorts, a hoodie and some slippers? while the girl was on her cell phone describing my Son to someone else.

Neither of them looked like the typical "meth heads" desparate for money or anything...Just a couple of college age kids that could probably talk a young child into almost anything.

Glad everything is alright. Years ago, my youngest son walked into his moms house alone to find someone in there who had broken in. Fortunately the guy in the house freaked out and jumped out a window. For years he didn't want to be left alone and if he was, he made sure the house was locked up like Ft. Knox. He would even sleep with his airsoft pistol next to his bed.

Yeah..My Son brought up the time he got home to his Mom's apartment and found the door open and both cats wondering who had taken the bigscreen.

This is the same 10 year old that didn't want to go camping in Nebraska when we went back for a family reunion last Summer because of a fear of ticks..Probably didn't help that I pulled one off my own leg and pretended to eat it in front of him in the car as we were leaving Harlan County Dam after our second night...