Urban Stirrin it up...

• 4 weeks later...

I still say Meyer's tenure at Ohio St. is going to be a flop, at least in comparison to the expectations that have came with him.. I guarantee Ohio St. is going to be a top 10 if not 5 team next preseason, and so many are automatically putting them in an NC race just because of his presence. Meyer is a stone stepping coach. Obviously cant stay at one place for too long. Success or not, I say he's gone after 3 seasons. He'll get burned out again or have a great year or two and see the cupboard running on E and decide to skip town. Probably hang around long enough to see Braxton Miller through, be Ohio St's version of Tebow.

THANK YOU! :clap

Urban Meyer is a good coach. But he is walking into a perfect situation. Luke Fickell took all the heat while Braxton Miller took his lumps as a true freshman. Now that Miller is a sophomore and poised to take the next step Meyer comes in as a cheap opportunist.

Personally, I like Urban Meyer maybe he's just good at public relations. I'm pleased with Nebraskas move to the BIG and find the company of these schools exciting and complimentary.

Recruiting is a seasonal game, sometimes its hardball and sometimes its soft, the variables change all the time. its in fact good that feathers are ruffled, folks competing for the same kids better damn well understand the strengths and weaknesses of thier opponents habits as they relate to the process. Complacency is your biggest enemy.

Now, after this inagural recruiting season Meyer has ruffled feathers and has caused other schools to do some soul searching about thier own approach to the recruiting process. Most Often, soul searching ends right at your own front door, we blew it...is the only excuse worth making, IMO. No amount of recrimination can change that, until next time when you tighten down your own ship and screen the weaknesses in your own process.

Every school has the same challenges, accept for fan expectations. Which are so personal as to be meaningless to the process.

As one who never bends to the star system, a team must look at its positions all the time, hold camps study film, diamonds are out there to be mined. Coaching is the ability to see potential and fit that potential to schemes in systems. Style only matters in places like this. We Husker fans have seen hugh success over many years and within the complex of every team were role players nobody thought didly about during the recruiting process.

Our recruiting is trending well in my opinion, we've got great recruits from TX CA MO AZ LA and a host of other states where the BIG has fewer relationships. NU by its very presence in the league has enhanced oportunity to do better than past years in OH,IA, IN PA, Il and MN all because we might for some kids be, the 2nd best choice to other BIG schools, where the entrenched logics and opinions are homered into kids, that didnt include us as viable choices to play in the league.

with scholarship limitations as they are we are doing

pretty darn well and should with all the relationships we have, continue to do so.

Bottom line focus on your own relationships, cultivate them for the best that is available at any given time, have enough relationships in play that during any one period, if none of the potential in your first layer meets your needs, move to the next, and the next...

Every school has the same challenges, accept for fan expectations. Which are so personal as to be meaningless to the process.

I agree that every school has the same basic challenges. However some schools have a much steeper mountain to climb than others. In other words, Texas' road in recruiting is similar to a flat six lane super highway, while Nebraska has to climb Mt. Everest.

I agree that every school has the same basic challenges. However some schools have a much steeper mountain to climb than others. In other words, Texas' road in recruiting is similar to a flat six lane super highway, while Nebraska has to climb Mt. Everest. On a dirt road in a monsoon.