Urban Stirrin it up...

There's more to this than what's being reported. All the reporters are going to do is look for sound bytes from coaches/ADs, and those guys are going to keep this sorta thing in-house most of the time. The fact that Bielema and Dantonio actually went public at all shows you just ho pissed off they are. Those are two well-spoken, media-savvy, blue-collar guys who have a lot of pride. They probably held back more than they actually leaked.

This is why I'm paying attention. If we're talking, say, Fitzgerald or Frentz complaining, well, they've been complainers in the past.

Bielema and Dantonio are two coaches that typically act with decorum, so for them to break from that...well, that speaks volumes.

• Fire 1

Those are two well-spoken, media-savvy, blue-collar guys who have a lot of pride. They probably held back more than they actually leaked.

I'm going to have to back away now because anyone who finds Bielema to be well spoken and media savvy or uses 'decorum' in the same sentence his name (and not started with 'a lack of' ) is not in a rational universe

What the hell has Bo done to you guys that you think Bielema is anything but a low class bully who starts whining when he things don't go his way?! He is reviled within the Big Ten coaching community.

Barry Alvarez set the record straight and it's clear he set Bret straight as well.

I don't know specifically what Dantonio is butt-hurt over but he himself was still recruiting players after they verballed to Ohio State and Se'Von was predicted to switch back to the Buckeyes even before Urban came into the game.

But if you really must hold onto the "Urban MUST BE CHEATING!!!!" conspiracy, hey be my guest.

Those are two well-spoken, media-savvy, blue-collar guys who have a lot of pride. They probably held back more than they actually leaked.

I'm going to have to back away now because anyone who finds Bielema to be well spoken and media savvy or uses 'decorum' in the same sentence his name (and not started with 'a lack of' ) is not in a rational universe

What the hell has Bo done to you guys that you think Bielema is anything but a low class bully who starts whining when he things don't go his way?! He is reviled within the Big Ten coaching community.

and Urban Meyer is just a frickin angel. 3 years from now you guys will be right back to square 1, where you were this past summer, wondering "what the hell are we gonna do"

and Urban Meyer is just a frickin angel.

Could you please cite the post where his beatific nature was lauded?

Thank you for your assistance.

3 years from now you guys will be right back to square 1, where you were this past summer, wondering "what the hell are we gonna do"

Well one thing is for certain in Feb 2015 there are going to be a LOT of people with egg on their faces. You really want to wager on it not being you?

Sniffing around players you want that have made a verbal commitment to another school is what I would hope our staff is doing too. Nothing is over until the name is signed on the dotted line and the paperwork is faxed in.

Unless it's an Ohio State verbal because then I will totally have to wax hypocritical & flip flop with a madness.

But Bo knows better because otherwise I'll have to tell the REAL story about what happened that night in Morrill Tower! eyeswear2allthatsholy

a few points here...

- Dantonio was quoted out of context by a reporter (one that wasn't even at the presser) who took a few quotes (one specifically mentioning OSU and the other a more general, less specific quote) and strung them together to make the general quote look like it was specifically referencing Meyer when it wasn't, it's also been known for a while that MSU and OSU had an unspoken rule that they would not go after each other's committed recruits because of the close relationship that Dantonio and Tressel had, that is no longer the case...

- MSU, PSU, and even Michigan had Ohio recruits that committed to them while OSU was in flux between the time that Tressel was fired and Urban was hired, most of the kids that flipped to OSU recently would've probably committed to OSU originally if not for the uncertainty, once that uncertainty was gone they basically just did what they wanted to all along...

- we didn't lose anyone from Ohio in our class and believe me they tried, but a ton of our commits were long standing commits, we got a ton of them early and it gave our coaches a lot of time to build really strong relationships with the kids, the coaches stayed in touch with them and stayed away from recruiting negatively, they didn't bring up the problems at OSU or PSU, they just focused on what Michigan had to offer and a lot of the Ohio kids were quoted as saying that really made an impression on them...

- if you've ever followed Urban then you know that he absolutely loves it when kids get in trouble, not publicly of course, but think about it, with the new 4 year schollies given out by B1G schools, kids in trouble are a God send to a coach that oversigns, the ball is then in his court, he has the upper hand because punishment is not black and white in most cases and the gray areas can be worked, is he a starter...? give lip service about "punishing" the kid and let him keep playing, is he a backup that will probably never see the field...? cool, come recruiting time he's expendable, take this year for example...

- the B1G allows you to sign as many kids as you have schollies for up to the 85 limit +3 (to account for attrition I guess)...

- with the commits they have signed they are at 84, with Stefon Diggs possibly bringing that total to 85 if he signs...

- OSU has a limit of 82 schollies because of their sanctions, 82 +3 = 85 is their real limit this year, now they have to "find room" for those 3 extra kids because they have to get back down to 82 before the start of the season (fall semester)...

basically three current Buckeye players who are not really projected to contribute on the field and who have also run afoul of the law or team rules in any way should be very nervous about their scholarships, I think Urban is a prick and an incessant liar, but the dude is a winner, maybe the B1G can become the first conference in which he doesn't win really big...we'll see

and Urban Meyer is just a frickin angel.

Could you please cite the post where his beatific nature was lauded?

Thank you for your assistance.

3 years from now you guys will be right back to square 1, where you were this past summer, wondering "what the hell are we gonna do"

Well one thing is for certain in Feb 2015 there are going to be a LOT of people with egg on their faces. You really want to wager on it not being you?

I would agree with you if he had kept the defensive staff in tact, now I'm not sure, I think letting that defensive staff go could end up being his downfall ala Rodriguez and his defensive debacles, he could win big at OSU, or he could develop more "health problems" and retire again, neither would surprise me...