Urban Stirrin it up...

It would appear we are about to see if some of the "rumors" about Urban "Liar" are true. I'm not sold that his tenure at OSU will be as remarkable as many say. Not that he isn't a great coach on the field, but it would seem his tactics aren't going to be a good fit in the big 10. His teams have also been plagued by off the field issues. We may find out if the Big 10 comish has any teeth.

• Fire 1

I still say Meyer's tenure at Ohio St. is going to be a flop, at least in comparison to the expectations that have came with him.. I guarantee Ohio St. is going to be a top 10 if not 5 team next preseason, and so many are automatically putting them in an NC race just because of his presence. Meyer is a stone stepping coach. Obviously cant stay at one place for too long. Success or not, I say he's gone after 3 seasons. He'll get burned out again or have a great year or two and see the cupboard running on E and decide to skip town. Probably hang around long enough to see Braxton Miller through, be Ohio St's version of Tebow.

Any specifics on the tactics yet?

I'm sure it will be similar to the ones he used at Utah and Florida. Telling a kid that the coach of the other team called begging Urban to give the kid a scholarship because they figured out they were full. Telling a kid that the coach of the other team has signed a deal to coach in the NFL or elsewhere and will be leaving after signing day and actually making up fake emails or contracts to show the kid. You know...good honest things like that.

I'm sure it will be similar to the ones he used at Utah and Florida. Telling a kid that the coach of the other team called begging Urban to give the kid a scholarship because they figured out they were full. Telling a kid that the coach of the other team has signed a deal to coach in the NFL or elsewhere and will be leaving after signing day and actually making up fake emails or contracts to show the kid. You know...good honest things like that.

That's some pretty low stuff if true.

After reading numerous articles on this, part of me thinks that Bielima and Dantonio are being sour about it. The rest of me is hoping to hell that Meyer really did something bad. It would tickle me pink. I've also read that while many recruits flip decisions on signing day, it happened with a much higher frequency this year to the benefit of Ohio st., on and prior to signing day. I know Urban has a rep and bla bla bla. It's still hoping against the inevitable, about like hoping Tom Brady loses everygame he plays.

After reading numerous articles on this, part of me thinks that Bielima and Dantonio are being sour about it. The rest of me is hoping to hell that Meyer really did something bad. It would tickle me pink. I've also read that while many recruits flip decisions on signing day, it happened with a much higher frequency this year to the benefit of Ohio st., on and prior to signing day. I know Urban has a rep and bla bla bla. It's still hoping against the inevitable, about like hoping Tom Brady loses everygame he plays.

Bielima has publicly stated a single thing about the illegal recruiting things. He then went on to complain about the unspoken rule. Two different issues.

There's more to this than what's being reported. All the reporters are going to do is look for sound bytes from coaches/ADs, and those guys are going to keep this sorta thing in-house most of the time. The fact that Bielema and Dantonio actually went public at all shows you just ho pissed off they are. Those are two well-spoken, media-savvy, blue-collar guys who have a lot of pride. They probably held back more than they actually leaked.

wow.