Urban Stirrin it up...

I think it is important to point out that as of right now we have Brady Hoke (muahaha), Barry Alvarez, Jim Delaney, Mark Dantonio and yes Bret Bielema all on the record saying one or more of the following

No violation were committed by Urban Meyer.

There is no "gentleman's agreement' regarding verbally committed players.

There is nothing unethical about recruiting players who are committed to other schools.

Something about McDonald's Cheeseburgers

I would agree with you if he had kept the defensive staff in tact, now I'm not sure, I think letting that defensive staff go could end up being his downfall ala Rodriguez and his defensive debacles, he could win big at OSU, or he could develop more "health problems" and retire again, neither would surprise me...

To clarify he didn't let the staff go. Paul Haynes took the DC position at Arkansas (and who can blame him?) & then lured Taver Johnson to come work for him (they are tight). Heacock had wanted to retire for several years but kept returning out of loyal to Coach Tressel. If he wanted it he would still be on the staff (he and Coach Meyer are also close).

Scott Schaffer, Braithwaite, Tony GIbson, Jay Hopson? Come on, that is a recipe for failure.

RRod's fatal mistake was hiring defensive coaches who were at the point in their careers where they should have been learning their trade at some MAC school....not thrust onto one of the biggest stages. Robinson & Tall were the only two I remember with any meaningful prior experience.

Conversley Luke spent five years being groomed to handle the role (no he wasn't ready to be a HC at a big time program but he has more than proven his chops as an evaluation, recruiter, coach & co-ordinator).

Withers is almost a mirror image of Luke, he had a rocky year of on the job training as a HC but prior to that has shown himself to be one hell of a DC. Sheridan has been in the business a long time and has a wealth of experience and knowledge at both the College & Pro level and is highly regarded as coach. Vrabel is the only one who you could argue has not paid his dues as a coach but he also spent a dozen years playing at a high level in the NFL and learning from one of the better defensive minds in the game (and he was named B1G recruiter of the year).

The pieces have the potential for greatness. The only potential problem I see is how well they work together as a team. Three guys who have all been defensive co-ordinators at high levels (and two of them were thrown into the fire to learn as interim head coaches) each no doubt have their own opinion on the 'right' way to do things. If they learn to mesh well the Silver Bullets aren't going to skip a beat.

Borderline worst case scenario is still => than the '11 squad that was decimated by injuries and loss of leadership.Put a competent Offense on this past year's team and you have a highly probable 11-1 Buckeye team in the B1G championship game.

Sure there are going to be road bumps but the odds of seeing anything like the complete cluster f#*k RR fielded on defense is extremely small. I mean even with a complete implosion Ohio State will still at least have talent out there. There are of course no guarantees but defense looks to be more likely to trend upwards going forward.

Now if you guys hadn't screwed the pooch and pissed Jimmy Harbaugh off we might have this thing back where it should be.

The "Illegal' recruiting tactics that Bielema was talking about was the ever vague "experiencing gameday atmosphere"

Look up Seantrel Henderson and the Gophers when they got their secondary violations.

He thought OSU was having players try on OSU gear with their NAME on them which is a violation but no such thing happened.

Here's a shot from 5* Stefon Diggs when he tried on gear(He's also got pictures of himself in Rburn gear and UF gear on his twitter)

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/11w/2012/01/stefon-diggs.jpg

The "Illegal' recruiting tactics that Bielema was talking about was the ever vague "experiencing gameday atmosphere"

Look up Seantrel Henderson and the Gophers when they got their secondary violations.

He thought OSU was having players try on OSU gear with their NAME on them which is a violation but no such thing happened.

Here's a shot from 5* Stefon Diggs when he tried on gear(He's also got pictures of himself in Rburn gear and UF gear on his twitter)

http://www.elevenwar...tefon-diggs.jpg

We know all too well about that trick. Seriously f#*k Arkansas.

http://www.elevenwar...tefon-diggs.jpg

We know all too well about that trick. Seriously f#*k Arkansas.

And I'm Ok with your strong dislike(or hate if you will) for R-Kansas. Seriously, that stupid WPS chant is still ringing in my ears.

But What Bielema thinks happened is not true and is laughable.

Yes, almost every recruit Urban brought in tried on OSU gear and that is not a violation. It wasn't tailored to each specific player.

I think it is important to point out that as of right now we have Brady Hoke (muahaha), Barry Alvarez, Jim Delaney, Mark Dantonio and yes Bret Bielema all on the record saying one or more of the following

No violation were committed by Urban Meyer.

There is no "gentleman's agreement' regarding verbally committed players.

There is nothing unethical about recruiting players who are committed to other schools.

Something about McDonald's Cheeseburgers

I would agree with you if he had kept the defensive staff in tact, now I'm not sure, I think letting that defensive staff go could end up being his downfall ala Rodriguez and his defensive debacles, he could win big at OSU, or he could develop more "health problems" and retire again, neither would surprise me...

To clarify he didn't let the staff go. Paul Haynes took the DC position at Arkansas (and who can blame him?) & then lured Taver Johnson to come work for him (they are tight). Heacock had wanted to retire for several years but kept returning out of loyal to Coach Tressel. If he wanted it he would still be on the staff (he and Coach Meyer are also close).

Scott Schaffer, Braithwaite, Tony GIbson, Jay Hopson? Come on, that is a recipe for failure.

RRod's fatal mistake was hiring defensive coaches who were at the point in their careers where they should have been learning their trade at some MAC school....not thrust onto one of the biggest stages. Robinson & Tall were the only two I remember with any meaningful prior experience.

Conversley Luke spent five years being groomed to handle the role (no he wasn't ready to be a HC at a big time program but he has more than proven his chops as an evaluation, recruiter, coach & co-ordinator).

Withers is almost a mirror image of Luke, he had a rocky year of on the job training as a HC but prior to that has shown himself to be one hell of a DC. Sheridan has been in the business a long time and has a wealth of experience and knowledge at both the College & Pro level and is highly regarded as coach. Vrabel is the only one who you could argue has not paid his dues as a coach but he also spent a dozen years playing at a high level in the NFL and learning from one of the better defensive minds in the game.

The pieces have the potential for greatness. The only potential problem I see is how well they work together as a team. Three guys who have all been defensive co-ordinators at high levels (and two of them were thrown into the fire to learn as interim head coaches) each no doubt have their own opinion on the 'right' way to do things. If they learn to mesh well the Silver Bullets aren't going to skip a beat.

Borderline worst case scenario is still => than the '11 squad that was decimated by injuries and loss of leadership.Put a competent Offense on this past year's team and you have a highly probable 11-1 Buckeye team in the B1G championship game.

Sure there are going to be road bumps but the odds of seeing anything like the complete cluster f#*k RR fielded on defense is extremely small. I mean even with a complete implosion Ohio State will still at least have talent out there. There are of course no guarantees but defense looks to be more likely to trend upwards going forward.

Now if you guys hadn't screwed the pooch and pissed Jimmy Harbaugh off we might have this thing back where it should be.

Harbaugh was not the long term solution, sure I wanted him, but he would've only been there a few years (if that), he has always had his eyes set on the NFL, Hoke on the other hand will add stability and continuity to the mix, this is his dream job, he isn't going anywhere unless we force him out, and I don't think that'll happen, I think all the fatboy/donut jokes distract people from the fact that he is a solid coach and is going to do a great job in Ann Arbor, I think the rivalry is interesting again now that he's here, it's gonna be fun to see how this plays out...

so, when is Diggs gonna sign...? he's pretty much a lock at this point, no...?

Defensive staff issues at OSU?

LOL. we kept a lot of those guys.

I wouldn't say a lot.

DC/DL - Jim Heacock

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

S - Paul Haynes

CB - Taver Johnson

DC - Everett WIthers

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

DL - Mike Vrabel

DB - Bill Sheridan

The only difference between Jim Tressel's last staff and the interim year was the edition of Vrabel to coach LB and Luke took over the DL.

Absolutely no idea. People seem high on the odds of him ending up in Columbus but you never know.

Hoke on the other hand will add stability and continuity to the mix, this is his dream job, he isn't going anywhere unless we force him out, and I don't think that'll happen, I think all the fatboy/donut jokes distract people from the fact that he is a solid coach and is going to do a great job in Ann Arbor, I think the rivalry is interesting again now that he's here, it's gonna be fun to see how this plays out...

The powers that be in Ann Arbor should be setting the coaching bar much higher than 'solid'. Lloyd Carr was a solid coach (and a good man) and it got him fired. I know all the burnt bridges with Harbaugh were from one side but it still would have been a great thing to see.

The fatboy/donut jokes are because he comes across as a buffoon far too often.

Sniffing around players you want that have made a verbal commitment to another school is what I would hope our staff is doing too. Nothing is over until the name is signed on the dotted line and the paperwork is faxed in.

Unless it's an Ohio State verbal because then I will totally have to wax hypocritical & flip flop with a madness.

But Bo knows better because otherwise I'll have to tell the REAL story about what happened that night in Morrill Tower! eyeswear2allthatsholy

I find it extremely ironic that you chose the user name 'Muck' considering the only time you seem to contribute to HB is when you're defending yet another bad PR incident involving the Buckeyes. O well, I'm sure you can chalk this one up to either jealous rival coaches or that evil ESPN/ NCAA conspiracy that is out to demonize poor lil OSU.

While you're at it, please keep attempting to deflect away some of the ugliness in your program with threats of exposing "truths" about ours..... Cause that'll surely win you friends around here. :rolleyes:

• Fire 2

I wouldn't say a lot.

DC/DL - Jim Heacock

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

S - Paul Haynes

CB - Taver Johnson

DC - Everett WIthers

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

DL - Mike Vrabel

DB - Bill Sheridan

The only difference between Jim Tressel's last staff and the interim year was the edition of Vrabel to coach LB and Luke took over the DL.

Well I didn't calculate Taver Johnson : /

anyway the issues up North was not the coaches as much as the scheme and the players being recruited.

I know first hand that Urban can put a defense together. I was at the massacre in Glendale.

I find it extremely ironic that you chose the user name 'Muck' considering the only time you seem to contribute to HB is when you're defending yet another bad PR incident involving the Buckeyes. O well, I'm sure you can chalk this one up to either jealous rival coaches or that evil ESPN/ NCAA conspiracy that is out to demonize poor lil OSU.

While you're at it, please keep attempting to deflect away some of the ugliness in your program with threats of exposing "truths" about ours..... Cause that'll surely win you friends around here. :rolleyes:

Well I'll see you your irony and raise you my complete lack of surprise that an individual who can't spell Huskers and has a mentally challenged individual for his profile pic also seems unable to recognize what should be blatantly obvious tongue satire.

I'll make you a deal. You find find an actual honest to Osborne reliable source that is right now saying this story is nothing but bullsh#t and I'll kiss your ass.

I won' bother offering you a counter wager for what happens if you fail to do so because we all know that you will just go on to completely forget the facts and only remember "Meyer cheated Bielema & Dantonio!".

That's fine, it's your prerogative & I'm sure it keeps you warm on those cold windswept nights but it is also an example of the intellectual dishonesty that so many alleged 'facts' in college sports are built upon.

Again for the record Bielema & Dantonio have both stated this is a non-story yet you are still claiming it is a "PR incident" and citing it as somehow vindicating your prejudices despite the original sources both saying there is no substance to the storyl.

I wouldn't say a lot.

DC/DL - Jim Heacock

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

S - Paul Haynes

CB - Taver Johnson

DC - Everett WIthers

CoDC/LB - Luke Fickell

DL - Mike Vrabel

DB - Bill Sheridan

Absolutely no idea. People seem high on the odds of him ending up in Columbus but you never know.

Hoke on the other hand will add stability and continuity to the mix, this is his dream job, he isn't going anywhere unless we force him out, and I don't think that'll happen, I think all the fatboy/donut jokes distract people from the fact that he is a solid coach and is going to do a great job in Ann Arbor, I think the rivalry is interesting again now that he's here, it's gonna be fun to see how this plays out...

The powers that be in Ann Arbor should be setting the coaching bar much higher than 'solid'. Lloyd Carr was a solid coach (and a good man) and it got him fired.

The fatboy/donut jokes are because he comes across as a buffoon far too often.

the powers that be liked what they saw in Hoke, before his tenure at OSU how was Tressel a "high bar" hire...? we'll see, but I think Hoke will do better than most (including you) think, RR was a pretty big name hire and look at what a f**kmess that was...

I think we got the right guy and when the talent level is back up to where it should be I think he'll win big...

A couple of other things:

1. Pittman & Dodson are Ohioans and grew up Buckeye fans

2. Urban said if the recruits have no interest then he leaves them alone. If there is just a glimmer of interest he goes hard after them.

3. I could maybe see a "gentlemen's agreement"(not really but go with it) if every other coach in the area wasn't telling OSU recruits that we were gonna get the death penalty and that they would be irrelevant in a year(it happened just like some dumb coaches are telling PSU recruits that right now. Thankfully Armani Reeves confirmed OSU wasn't one of those schools).