Champions Club

My employer gave us passes and we visited for the first time too. Things were just a little to pricey for my penny pinchin ass. But I was also told that it was the first year that Misty's was involved. My take was that it was just a little to high class for a Joe Blo such as me. My wife and I attend most to all home games and we just like to get into our seats a good 45 minutes eartly and relax.

The main draw for me is that there is a guaranteed parking spot 100 feet from the stadium. They also have lots of bathroom space, which can be a godsend when the stadium lines are backed up 40 yards behind the entrance. Add in that you can bring in grills and booze, and its a pretty great location. It is pricey to have a spot though.

The food they serve has never interested me, and was overpriced for what you get. I just grill/crockpot my own stuff. The booze prices in there are comparable to most bars in downtown Lincoln. $4 for a beer, $5 for a mixed drink. On the occasions when I end up buying their booze, I've either ran out of my own stuff (rare), or wanted to go in the lower fenced area to get out of the rain/watch the tv's.

If you want to watch a game on the TV I would much rather go to a bar downtown. The champions club is pretty boring, I've been in it a couple times before and after games as I'd rather go to the actual game if I'm in Lincoln.

Basically, it was set up for a reason and of course that reason was to make money and make people who pay alot feel more important than others. It's pretty ridiculous actually. They guard that place like fort knox on game days. You better have a pass to get in! And that's what makes it even more boring, as just a select few get in and the atmosphere isn't the same.

The lot I'm in anyone can walk through and I actually like that as you get to meet alot of different people and the atomosphere is pretty raucous like it should be before a game. I do however wish we did have guards for the porta pots in the lot as of course anyone walking through can use them and the lines get long and they overflow alot especially if the game is at night. :hmmph

I'd rather get a spot under the overpass, a grill, and an old fashioned boom box. Those tailgate spots rock!!!

Agreed. Best place in Lincoln pre-game.

We also go to a 'gate in the lot just north of the stadium. It's only good because the people there are so good, which is the same for any tailgate - it's only as good as the people involved.