Best (and worst) early BCS title bets (ESPN)

AFhusker

I don't think anyone really wants Bo gone.

Oh, yes. Many people do. They are still the minority, but they are serious, and some of them are quite vocal.

Bo is not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks really, really do not like him.

Some of those people have a lot of money and even get honored at halftime of Spring games for their huge donations....

8-5 and 7-6 are possible predictions. I get that. But they are not logical. There's no reason to look at this team and say "meh, they'll lose 5or 6 games" as opposed to "well these 2/3 games could be losses, and these other 1/2 probably will be". I just dont understand. It all stems from a bad end to this previous season that had a lot of intangibles. Let's list a few. New coaches/coaches handling different roles, Young players, ALL OVER THE PLACE, unfamiliarity of opponents (new conference), completely assenine preseason expectations, still some downers of the end to 2010, and so on. 2011 was step back and sometimes that happens. 1972 was a step back. 1984 was a step back. 1996 was a step back. 1998 was a step back. 2002-2007 was about 26.4 steps back. You get the drift. "Rebuilding years" happen. They happen to everyone. Alabama won the National title in 09 and went 9-4 the next season? Texas played for the National title in 09 and have lost 12, 13 games since? And the whole "we dont rebuild, we roload" theory is crap. EVERYONE has to rebuild now and then. For those that say last year was a step back, well yeah it was, but that's no reason whatsoever to suspect that 2012 will be another step back because their is just as much if not more evidence to support that it could be a giant leap forward.

+1. This is a very good post. That's a lot of really good perspective right there.

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

Well someone asked who wanted Bo gone or something to that affect so there...

I'm all for fans of opposing teams being on this site and for the most part you're welcome to chime in on practically any topic. In fact I often enjoy reading takes from fans of other teams. But posting that you want, or would like to see Bo gone is, in this new poster's opinion, crossing the line.

Would you appreciate some random Husker fan showing up on a Wisconsin site saying he wants your head coach gone or fired? Of course not. Just because you have an opinion on this particular topic doesn't mean you should share it.

I don't think anyone really wants Bo gone.

Oh, yes. Many people do. They are still the minority, but they are serious, and some of them are quite vocal.

Bo is not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks really, really do not like him.

An interesting use of words when stated as "some folks really, really do not like him." For me, it is not about liking him or not liking him. I do not know the man... so I have no basis for liking or not liking him. The notion of liking Bo or not liking Bo is a complete non-issue for me... it does not even cross my mind as a thing to assess. It is not personal... at all.

I do think that he was a poor hire. I think that he has done some things well --- most things not very well --- and a few things horribly. That is... I think his performance has been pretty unacceptable. I'd love for a new (new to NU), experienced, proven and effective head coach to come in with a proven staff and take the helm.

Again. Nothing personal against Bo. I want NU to prosper sooner rather than later... and think a new leadership is the best and most efficient manner for forward progress to be made.

That said... as long as Bo is at the helm I want to see him improve and get this thing righted --- I support him and wish him well. If he and his staff can get this team playing hard and solid fundamentally sound football this team will improve dramatically --- that is the rate determining step for forward progress for NU football --- what will it take to get solid, consistent hard fought intense focused effort out of our players? If Bo can do that... great. If not... then let another have their shot.

I'd guess that my perspective is held by an array of others who post here too (though... I cannot be certain). In any event, at least for me... and I surmise most others too... it is not an issue of liking Bo or not liking Bo. It is an issue of how to get this team to be what we all want them to be.

I'm kind of with you here. Second half of this more than the first. I don't necessarily think Bo was the bad hire...I think his coordinators and some of his staff are the bad hires. (which ultimately means Bo as well since he's the one putting that staff together). Those 10 guys will have far more of an impact on the success of this team than an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. Mattison is a perfect example of that in Michigan. I don't think Nick Saban could win here like we want him to with this staff. I don't think Urban Meyer could. I don't think Bo can. They are good coaches...but they are position coaches in a role far above their head. We don't have that ace recruiter on staff. We don't have solid coordinators on staff. We don't have a large amount of experience on staff. That's where I take issue w/ Bo as an HC. I also have little tolerance for things like the USC game. But that's over (like the last 5-6 blowups) so I'll move on from that. The rest of his issues are ongoing.

pretty inciteful post.......it should never be personal, it should be about consistency and bench marked improvement, from year to year.....personnel changes, i get that, teaching and instlling fundamentals should be part of the teaching/coaching culture........that is sorely lacking. Pelini has something to prove over the next 2 years, i hope he can get it done, especially with all the rookie coachs he added.......we'll see.

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

I'm all for fans of opposing teams being on this site and for the most part you're welcome to chime in on practically any topic. In fact I often enjoy reading takes from fans of other teams. But posting that you want, or would like to see Bo gone is, in this new poster's opinion, crossing the line.

Would you appreciate some random Husker fan showing up on a Wisconsin site saying he wants your head coach gone or fired? Of course not. Just because you have an opinion on this particular topic doesn't mean you should share it.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious. And he isn't some random Badger fan since he's been here since October and has more posts than me (just means he has no life), so he's been here long enough that most of know that he likes being a smartass, which is what I'm believing he was being here.

• Fire 1

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious. And he isn't some random Badger fan since he's been here since October and has more posts than me (just means he has no life), so he's been here long enough that most of know that he likes being a smartass, which is what I'm believing he was being here.

:yeah

• Fire 1

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

I thought Bucky's post was kind of a compliment to Bo. Maybe he think's Bo is a good coach, and if he's gone that's bad for Nebraska, and good for the rest of the Big Ten, and Wisconsin.

At least that's what I got out of it. Kind of like when he championed the idea of bringing Callahan back...

Everything you guys said was true.

1. I was being a sarcastic, smart ass troll.

2. Coming from another fanbase you should take that as a compliment. I don't care if Minnesota keeps Kill because he sucks so if I want Bo gone what does that mean to you?

3. Yes, I have no life.

Everything you guys said was true.

1. I was being a sarcastic, smart ass troll.

2. Coming from another fanbase you should take that as a compliment. I don't care if Minnesota keeps Kill because he sucks so if I want Bo gone what does that mean to you?

3. Yes, I have no life.

And, what's worse, you live in Manhatten

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

:facepalm: Define IRONY: Guy A who has 44 posts accuses guy B-who has nearly 3000 posts and is a member of the board's starting lineup-of trolling and "crossing the line". I love internet drama.

I want Bo gone

Troll much?

:facepalm: Define IRONY: Guy A who has 44 posts accuses guy B-who has nearly 3000 posts and is a member of the board's starting lineup-of trolling and "crossing the line". I love internet drama.

No harm no foul. I can understand the reaction if you're not used to reading the absolute bullsh#t that I usually post. New Guy, here's a helpful hint; develop a strong filter for my posts - go into them expecting the retarded and you'll come out alright.

• Fire 1