Tuesday's shooting is seventh for Scottsdale police officer

You're still trying to apply the wrong law (well . . .actually it's worse than that. It's not even the law in Colorado. It's a police protocol from Colorado). Why on earth would you still be clinging to that? I feel guilty . . . I assumed that you were using the correct law and the relevant passage. If I would have read your link instead of your blurb I could have saved you a lot of time and energy. I don't feel bad about wasting my own time . . . but your time is probably valuable.

Here you go: http://www.azleg.gov...sedStatutes.asp

Your case, counsellor. Beyond a reasonable doubt please.

You had time to find that site between smelling your own farts?

This isn't a court of law...I can cite police protocol if I want. If you want to find and post the law covering it that's up to you. If I find ether I'll post it. Quit smug lawyer schtick.

Sure. And I can discount a Denver, Colorado police protocol as irrelevant in a discussion of an alleged Scottsdale, Arizona crime.

I'm still waiting. Beyond a reasonable doubt.

You're kind of the boy who cried "victory." Pity.

• Fire 1

Cactusboy,

Why do you hate the police? You clearly have an issue with them. You take every opportunity to use a story here and there to make them all look bad. It would be like a person reading only your posts on Huskerboard and then thinking that all of us on the board were ignorant because of your content. My personal favorite was your 'waste of taxpayer money thread' from a few months back.

Keep up the good work.

• Fire 2

I posted this earlier but didn't see a reply. Maybe it was missed.

BIGREDIOWAN...is the Colorado protocol pretty standard? Does it differ from yours and if so how? I'll call Scottsdale PD Monday to see if I can get a copy of their protocol.

I don't know where that post is and haven't read the entire thread, but I wouldn't know if it was standard from state to state. I know how Iowa does it.

The reason I'm taking offense to it is folks like yourself, spread bad things about the police by inferring that we basically "shoot to kill." I'm trained to shoot center mass in a situation where I fear my life or the life of another. If by shooting that individual center mass it results in them dying then that's unfortunately the way the situation goes. Now, if they don't die from me shooting them, but instead fall to the ground thus dropping the weapon and no longer are a threat to myself or the life of another I will place them under arrest, administer first aid, and wait for medical help for this individual. However; if I was in fact taught to, "shoot to kill" I wouldn't stop there, I would advance forward, place two precisely aimed shots into the soft palate area of the head thus successfully disconnecting this individuals central nervous system from the rest of his body not allowing him to exist on this planet any further.

Also, the words aren't clear from this doctor you quoted. Police today are trained to "shoot to stop the threat" she is implying that in her mind the "shoot to stop the threat" situation is when you shoot the legs or arms. That couldn't be farther from the way police officers are trained today. You are trained to shoot center mass because in a critical situation your shooting percentages will drop substantially due to the stress your body goes through. Then you'll have the luxury of going through several court proceedings and investigations where individuals, like yourself, have months if not years to tear apart what you did with your decision making in less than a second.

Well whatever it is...getting overly defensive and overreacting doesn't do you any favors on perception.

You're something special................ :rolleyes:

You're still trying to apply the wrong law (well . . .actually it's worse than that. It's not even the law in Colorado. It's a police protocol from Colorado). Why on earth would you still be clinging to that? I feel guilty . . . I assumed that you were using the correct law and the relevant passage. If I would have read your link instead of your blurb I could have saved you a lot of time and energy. I don't feel bad about wasting my own time . . . but your time is probably valuable.

This isn't a court of law...I can cite police protocol if I want. If you want to find and post the law covering it that's up to you. If I find ether I'll post it. Quit smug lawyer schtick.

Sure. And I can discount a Denver, Colorado police protocol as irrelevant in a discussion of an alleged Scottsdale, Arizona crime.

He can cite police protocal, but not understand the practical application. Give him a second, he's got to haul ass to wikipedia or google to back himself up.

No real world experience equates to just another keyboard commando...

• Fire 1

and if the Scottsdale protocol also says there needs to be an imminent thread of deadly force you will what?

Cactusboy,

Why do you hate the police? You clearly have an issue with them. You take every opportunity to use a story here and there to make them all look bad. It would be like a person reading only your posts on Huskerboard and then thinking that all of us on the board were ignorant because of your content. My personal favorite was your 'waste of taxpayer money thread' from a few months back.

Keep up the good work.

gobiggergoredder why do you hate to using your brain?

I posted this earlier but didn't see a reply. Maybe it was missed.

BIGREDIOWAN...is the Colorado protocol pretty standard? Does it differ from yours and if so how? I'll call Scottsdale PD Monday to see if I can get a copy of their protocol.

I don't know where that post is and haven't read the entire thread, but I wouldn't know if it was standard from state to state. I know how Iowa does it.

Is Iowa's any different than this?

officer is justified in using deadly physical force upon another person . . . when he reasonably believes that it is necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of deadly physical force.

If so, how?

Cactusboy,

Keep up the good work.

gobiggergoredder why do you hate to using your brain?

he asked you a question, and that, is your best response?