Santorum Warns about Satan

Husker 99 Quote

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field. For about 150 years we didn't have In God We Trust printed on money. So i guess America wasn't as good back then?

Apparently you did!! I pointed out to you that starting in 1948 the US started to get more secular and not more religious. Your premise was that the US got MORE religious in the fifties and that started the slide of this country!! I pointed out several court cases to prove my point, why don't you find some to prove America has gotten more religious in the public sector? chuckleshuffle

Look on the back of any bill and you will see "In God We Trust". that is a new addition to our money since the 50's. I mean how did we print money so long without it on it if before we were so religious? I don't buy the argument that is a general reference. Ever since those athiest communist in Russia those right wingers have been trying to scare the american public.

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field.

Christians are quick to whine about nothing, while at the same time pissing all over other belief systems.

Whoa. Hold on there. People that whine about nothing and piss all over other belief systems *aren't* really Christians.

I believe the correct term (from what I've seen down here) is 'Southern Baptists'. chuckleshuffle

Husker 99 Quote:

I could say religious groups have been pushing their agenda on people who don't want it. If you want to talk about morals than look no further than your fellow christians. Look at all the priests molesting boys and then getting moved around. GOP members caught soliciting gay sex. Sounds like even the most faithful believers don't even believe in it.

Every class of people has a % of followers who are not going to do the right thing. We can go into every single race, religion and sect so that argument doesn't fly!! Is that all you got? I can pick an example from any group you want to come up with so move on with the priest stuff. :ahhhhhhhh

Except these people who aren't doing the right thing run the show. So i guess you are ok with priests molesting boys? If you are so stern in your faith how do you even do this consciencely? Your faith must not mean that much to you.

You can't really be this thick or you haven't been reading other posts? I have said many times that this is a big mistake on the part of the church and the priests should be arrested and given the toughest sentence allowed by law. Are you OK with homosexuals then I guess you are OK with Jeffery Dauhmer and his antics using your logic. Seriously using the priests any time you want to slam religion is really getting old and you should try to find a better argument, do you even know the percentage of bad priests? Smearing all priests or a whole religion based an the actions of a few is wrong and you know better. :nutz

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field.

Christians are quick to whine about nothing, while at the same time pissing all over other belief systems.

And you like to piss on the Christian belief system so what is your point?!?!!? eyeswear2allthatsholy

You can't really be this thick or you haven't been reading other posts? I have said many times that this is a big mistake on the part of the church and the priests should be arrested and given the toughest sentence allowed by law. Are you OK with homosexuals then I guess you are OK with Jeffery Dauhmer and his antics using your logic. Seriously using the priests any time you want to slam religion is really getting old and you should try to find a better argument, do you even know the percentage of bad priests? Smearing all priests or a whole religion based an the actions of a few is wrong and you know better. :nutz

This may have been a good point...except that the Catholic Institution's deliberate attempts to sweep this mess under the proverbial rug completely negates it.

When you have the governing body of a religious organization working towards covering up the actions of a few priests, then it is perfectly reasonable to indict the religion as a whole.

No disrespect, but if any of the "overly religious" types win the election, I'm moving back to the homeland, forting up at my Mom's house, we'll get Denis Leary, a cigarette machine, couple dozen rifles, about 10,000 rounds of ammo, and just wait it out....

Oddly enough, it's the same plan if some racist group takes out Obama, and everyone goes apesh#t....

If we get in the whit ehouse we have tanks and bunker buster bombs!! Good luck with your ammo and smoke 'em, if you got 'em you won't have much time!! ;)

We'll have enough, something tells me there will be bigger fish to fry than me

Husker 99 Quote

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field. For about 150 years we didn't have In God We Trust printed on money. So i guess America wasn't as good back then?

Apparently you did!! I pointed out to you that starting in 1948 the US started to get more secular and not more religious. Your premise was that the US got MORE religious in the fifties and that started the slide of this country!! I pointed out several court cases to prove my point, why don't you find some to prove America has gotten more religious in the public sector? chuckleshuffle

Look on the back of any bill and you will see "In God We Trust". that is a new addition to our money since the 50's. I mean how did we print money so long without it on it if before we were so religious? I don't buy the argument that is a general reference. Ever since those athiest communist in Russia those right wingers have been trying to scare the american public.

That is your whole basis for us becoming more religious in the last 60 + years. Writing on the back of the money we print. Pretty funny when most of our graduates can't even read those words. Is that all you've got is some money, I have given you court cases that prove we have less religion in our schools and you come up with money that was a pretty easy fight, thank you!!

How about then you go and find the percentage of Americans who regularly attend church, it has been decreasing for the last 60 years. If you break it down though the Catholics have been decreasing faster then any other religious group. They were at 75 % in the 1950s and are now down to 45 % so even more evidence that we are becoming more secular in America. :ahhhhhhhh

This may have been a good point...except that the Catholic Institution's deliberate attempts to sweep this mess under the proverbial rug completely negates it.

When you have the governing body of a religious organization working towards covering up the actions of a few priests, then it is perfectly reasonable to indict the religion as a whole.

To indict the religious elite of the Catholic church, maybe. They are doing that against many of the flocks will. So if you say church do you mean the heirarchy or the followers, he tried to say that I condoned it. And that is flawed logic as I showed with the Dauhmer example. :hmmph

He probably also denies all the other stuff the Catholic Church has done since the middle ages and tried to cover that up also. If those priests wouldn't have covered up a few bad apples they would have been looked upon more favorably. The Catholic Church has a lot of bones to hide in their closet. I really don't think you know how corrupt the Catholic Church is.

Husker 99 Quote

That is your whole basis for us becoming more religious in the last 60 + years. Writing on the back of the money we print. Pretty funny when most of our graduates can't even read those words. Is that all you've got is some money, I have given you court cases that prove we have less religion in our schools and you come up with money that was a pretty easy fight, thank you!!

How about then you go and find the percentage of Americans who regularly attend church, it has been decreasing for the last 60 years. If you break it down though the Catholics have been decreasing faster then any other religious group. They were at 75 % in the 1950s and are now down to 45 % so evenore evidence that we are becoming more secular in America. :ahhhhhhhh

Do you know why? the Christian Churches are driving away those people by their actions. More and More people are seeing that those in charge do nothing but abuse their power. A lot of churches are corrupt. Why does it take a court case to prove a point but alas i will comply.

The Scopes Trial—formally known as The State of Tennessee v. John Thomas Scopes and informally known as the Scopes Monkey Trial—was a landmark American legal case in 1925 in which high school science teacher, John Scopes, was accused of violating Tennessee's Butler Act which made it unlawful to teach evolution in any state-funded school.[1]

Yes that's right they didn't want evolution taught in schools so they tried to ban it. Then on top of that you had the state of Kansas trying to push IA on everyone in school.

not sure how you are even talking about this thread. Maybe you can elaborate on this subject?

Holidays.

Many Chistian holidays have Pagan roots. But any veering from the Christian aspect of the holiday gets whined about.

Heck, even non-religious Groundhog day was stolen from Imbolc.

How about then you go and find the percentage of Americans who regularly attend church, it has been decreasing for the last 60 years. If you break it down though the Catholics have been decreasing faster then any other religious group. They were at 75 % in the 1950s and are now down to 45 % so evenore evidence that we are becoming more secular in America.

The scary trend is American politicians becoming more religious, and that has allowed the battle over religious rhetoric to be waged in public.

Husker 99 Quote

How about then you go and find the percentage of Americans who regularly attend church, it has been decreasing for the last 60 years. If you break it down though the Catholics have been decreasing faster then any other religious group. They were at 75 % in the 1950s and are now down to 45 % so evenore evidence that we are becoming more secular in America. :ahhhhhhhh

Do you know why? the Christian Churches are driving away those people by their actions. More and More people are seeing that those in charge do nothing but abuse their power. A lot of churches are corrupt. Why does it take a court case to prove a point but alas i will comply.

The Scopes Trial—formally known as The State of Tennessee v. John Thomas Scopes and informally known as the Scopes Monkey Trial—was a landmark American legal case in 1925 in which high school science teacher, John Scopes, was accused of violating Tennessee's Butler Act which made it unlawful to teach evolution in any state-funded school.[1]

Yes that's right they didn't want evolution taught in schools so they tried to ban it. Then on top of that you had the state of Kansas trying to push IA on everyone in school.

Look I am going to try to help you as you really don't seem to know what you are talking about. First the Scopes monkey trial was held way before the fifties. Your claim was that we are way more religious since the fifties so that only helps my argument. Do you even remember what you typed? Please reread post #36 and then have something relevant to that.

The bold sentence above infers that you believe there are less Christians today is that your belief?

Here is your quote:

Actually it was around the 50's when the government got all religious on us. It seems since that time is when our country started to slide and nujotbs got too much power. In God We Trust didn't appear on money before then and managed just fine.

not sure how you are even talking about this thread. Maybe you can elaborate on this subject?

Holidays.

Many Chistian holidays have Pagan roots. But any veering from the Christian aspect of the holiday gets whined about.

Heck, even non-religious Groundhog day was stolen from Imbolc.

I think the whining goes both ways. Many aethists want it to say happy holidays if we are to recognize it at all. Who's the whiners now? We have tradtitions and yet you don't mind complaining about them because they are not inclusive to everyone. So we have to bring it down to the lowest common denominator -nothing- during the holidays so as not to offend the aethists, brilliant. :wasted

How about then you go and find the percentage of Americans who regularly attend church, it has been decreasing for the last 60 years. If you break it down though the Catholics have been decreasing faster then any other religious group. They were at 75 % in the 1950s and are now down to 45 % so evenore evidence that we are becoming more secular in America.

The scary trend is American politicians becoming more religious, and that has allowed the battle over religious rhetoric to be waged in public.

I think the right use it to appeal th their mass while the left use it when it is convenient for them. Both are really hypocrites that use faith as a tool rather than a belief system that guides their lives.