Santorum Warns about Satan

Who's god was removed? Your god? The Islamic god? The Greek god? Oh no, it's always the Christian god. That's the only god that seems to have a god-crush on this country. Satan must only be attacking this country because he knows it's god's favorite. If a move were made to put Sharia law into order and have children worship Allah instead...would you be okay with that? No, I don't think you, or the rest of the Christian population would. You only prefer your god, which is exactly the reason why the secular population pushes for no religious influence in our schools. Because it doesn't belong there. No one's religious beliefs should hold merit over another persons.

The religious right of our country tends to spout off that there is a war against religion and insists that our country has been in a decline ever since "god was removed from out schools!" A decline to what? What exactly are you wanting to go back to? Tell me a time when everyone was happy with the way out government and society was "perfect". If you flashed back to the 1950's, you'd probably hear people of that generation complain about the same sh#t. Everyone has always complained about the same sh#t. "Blah, the government is terrible....screw this guy in office...our economy sucks....this war is over nothing....these young kids these days don't act the way we used to...blah!"

The decision to not allow our educational system to publicize or promote a certain religious belief has had nothing to do with anything in our society. Give me one example that is in direct correlation to the "removal of prayer" or the teachings of a certain religious sect. And I'll give you an opposite but equal...and just as plausible...explanation.

Seems like a lot of hostility for someone who thinks things are just great. Maybe you should put me and all other non-atheists, or as you like to catagorize them- pushy Christians, on "ignore" so you don't have to be exposed to any of our thoughts. That is what you really desire after all. We don't need to discuss anything. I know you are in no position to shed any light on any concern of mine and your mind is already made up. Save your "plausible" explanations for somebody that cares what you think. Actually I find it a little creepy that you seem to be in a position to "moderate" any discussion given your predisposition against certain viewpoints. Have a good day.

Who's god was removed? Your god? The Islamic god? The Greek god? Oh no, it's always the Christian god. That's the only god that seems to have a god-crush on this country. Satan must only be attacking this country because he knows it's god's favorite. If a move were made to put Sharia law into order and have children worship Allah instead...would you be okay with that? No, I don't think you, or the rest of the Christian population would. You only prefer your god, which is exactly the reason why the secular population pushes for no religious influence in our schools. Because it doesn't belong there. No one's religious beliefs should hold merit over another persons.

The religious right of our country tends to spout off that there is a war against religion and insists that our country has been in a decline ever since "god was removed from out schools!" A decline to what? What exactly are you wanting to go back to? Tell me a time when everyone was happy with the way out government and society was "perfect". If you flashed back to the 1950's, you'd probably hear people of that generation complain about the same sh#t. Everyone has always complained about the same sh#t. "Blah, the government is terrible....screw this guy in office...our economy sucks....this war is over nothing....these young kids these days don't act the way we used to...blah!"

The decision to not allow our educational system to publicize or promote a certain religious belief has had nothing to do with anything in our society. Give me one example that is in direct correlation to the "removal of prayer" or the teachings of a certain religious sect. And I'll give you an opposite but equal...and just as plausible...explanation.

Seems like a lot of hostility for someone who thinks things are just great. Maybe you should put me and all other non-atheists, or as you like to catagorize them- pushy Christians, on "ignore" so you don't have to be exposed to any of our thoughts. That is what you really desire after all. We don't need to discuss anything. I know you are in no position to shed any light on any concern of mine and your mind is already made up. Save your "plausible" explanations for somebody that cares what you think. Actually I find it a little creepy that you seem to be in a position to "moderate" any discussion given your predisposition against certain viewpoints. Have a good day.

The hostility you sense is just mirrored back. Christians, like people of almost all religions, take way too much as being 'persecuted' Its an inherent part of religion, and of group dynamics in general. A group that feels under attack tends to drawn closer together, and when it comes to religion, become more fanatical. Christians using 'God's Law' as some on here point to as being the defacto way to do things, is no different than Sharia Law. Just drawn from a different book.

A general way things tends to go is the non-religious people just want religion to be someone's personal life. And the religions (maybe not all the members, but the churches themselves for sure) want everything to be done as thier religion says. And almost all relgions have nasty histories that involve a 'convert or die' mentality.

We are better off now than we were in decades past. In the 50s you had boards and rules governing so much of what free speech actually is. Just for TV alone you could not use the word 'pregnant' or show a married couple getting into the same bed. Oh, and there was also no civil rights for minorities, and women were certianly second class citizens. Most of us on here are a bit young to remember, but go ask you mom if she would have been able to rent an apartment as a single woman in the 60s or 70s in most places. The answer you will get is a 'no.' Because after all, if a woman was going not live with a husband or her parents, she must be a slut.

First of all, my moderation duties have nothing to do with my viewpoints. Just because I don't agree with someone else's opinion, doesn't mean I'm allowed to delete, ban, etc. anything they post. All us moderators do around here is just to make sure the board rules are followed. You are allowed to discuss and express any opinion you may have...as long as it falls within the rules of the board.

Second of all, I have no issues with Christian "thoughts"...and so won't put you on ignore. I may disagree with you, but that's the whole point of this forum...to hold a discussion.

Back to the original convo (since you seemed to jump topics purely because I disagreed with you); I wasn't saying in my post above that everything is "perfect" in this country. I was just saying that every decade...every generation....has always had something to complain about. Every generation has always thought this country was headed in the wrong direction and that more religion was the answer. I'm tired of hearing how the USA is god's chosen country. That America is the most kick ass country in the world. Like this is some sort of contest. I also disagree that the "removal of prayer," or whatever, is at fault for the the issues in our country. We create our own problems by direct means. I disagree that this country is being systematically destroyed purely because the secularist viewpoint expresses a desire to remove any religious influence from our public school system. That also means I don't agree that your child should be exposed to any religious teachings that disagree with YOUR family's personal beliefs.

No disrespect, but if any of the "overly religious" types win the election, I'm moving back to the homeland, forting up at my Mom's house, we'll get Denis Leary, a cigarette machine, couple dozen rifles, about 10,000 rounds of ammo, and just wait it out....

Oddly enough, it's the same plan if some racist group takes out Obama, and everyone goes apesh#t....

No disrespect, but if any of the "overly religious" types win the election, I'm moving back to the homeland, forting up at my Mom's house, we'll get Denis Leary, a cigarette machine, couple dozen rifles, about 10,000 rounds of ammo, and just wait it out....

Oddly enough, it's the same plan if some racist group takes out Obama, and everyone goes apesh#t....

That sounds like most of Vermont.

That sounds like most of Vermont.

Been to Vermont once, and I'll say this. There are some weird f*cking people in Vermont.

Husker 99 Quote

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field. For about 150 years we didn't have In God We Trust printed on money. So i guess America wasn't as good back then?

Apparently you did!! I pointed out to you that starting in 1948 the US started to get more secular and not more religious. Your premise was that the US got MORE religious in the fifties and that started the slide of this country!! I pointed out several court cases to prove my point, why don't you find some to prove America has gotten more religious in the public sector? chuckleshuffle

No i didn't miss your point. Funny how Chrisitianity didn't mind getting rid of pagan's stuff with holidays but now sit and complain when non-christians level the playing field.

Christians are quick to whine about nothing, while at the same time pissing all over other belief systems.

not sure how you are even talking about this thread. Maybe you can elaborate on this subject? eyeswear2allthatsholy

Husker 99 Quote:

I could say religious groups have been pushing their agenda on people who don't want it. If you want to talk about morals than look no further than your fellow christians. Look at all the priests molesting boys and then getting moved around. GOP members caught soliciting gay sex. Sounds like even the most faithful believers don't even believe in it.

Every class of people has a % of followers who are not going to do the right thing. We can go into every single race, religion and sect so that argument doesn't fly!! Is that all you got? I can pick an example from any group you want to come up with so move on with the priest stuff. :ahhhhhhhh

What we do or don't print on our money, or if there is an extra verse in the Pledge of Allegiance or not, really has no bearing on the direction this country has taken over the course of the last 50 years. The reality is that the seculars have methodically removed God from the public arena, be that from the schools, from public buildings, or from everyday life. It is disengenius to suggest that the decay of our country is the result of what religious or right-wing groups want to happen. The fact is the opposite is what has actually been taking place. God and religious values in the US has been in steep decline. You and others seem to take pride in that but what good is there to show for it? The effective results have been significantly less than stellar. As a country, we are reaping what we sow. I wouldn't be proud of that, I would be embarrassed.

You and everybody else are missing the point!! We are not talking about wether we should have have God in schools, we are debunking his premise that since the 1950's we have become a more Christian nation. THAT IS NOT TRUE!! So quit worrying aobut how we are bieng persecuted and figure out if we have more religion in school or less. Figure out if we have more religion in the public sector or less and give us some proof. I want it on my desk by Tuesday, ah with cliff notes!!

His argument was that -WE HAVE BECOME MORE RELIGIOUS SINCE THE 1950'S AND THAT IS THE REASON FOR THE SLIDE OF AMERICA!! :restore2

If we get in the whit ehouse we have tanks and bunker buster bombs!! Good luck with your ammo and smoke 'em, if you got 'em you won't have much time!! ;)

Husker 99 Quote:

I could say religious groups have been pushing their agenda on people who don't want it. If you want to talk about morals than look no further than your fellow christians. Look at all the priests molesting boys and then getting moved around. GOP members caught soliciting gay sex. Sounds like even the most faithful believers don't even believe in it.

Every class of people has a % of followers who are not going to do the right thing. We can go into every single race, religion and sect so that argument doesn't fly!! Is that all you got? I can pick an example from any group you want to come up with so move on with the priest stuff. :ahhhhhhhh

Except these people who aren't doing the right thing run the show. So i guess you are ok with priests molesting boys? If you are so stern in your faith how do you even do this consciencely? Your faith must not mean that much to you.