Huskers vs Utes (gm 2)

Can I just say how depressing it is so see Rob Childress' Texas A&M team ranked 4th and Dave Van Horn's Arkansas team ranked 5th. Meanwhile, we're talking about how Texas A&M CC will be a decent test for us. SIGH

Frustrating, yes. However, we had no chance to keep either one so it really doesn't bother me too much.. Just how far we've fallen that bothers me.

Can I just say how depressing it is so see Rob Childress' Texas A&M team ranked 4th and Dave Van Horn's Arkansas team ranked 5th. Meanwhile, we're talking about how Texas A&M CC will be a decent test for us. SIGH

Frustrating, yes. However, we had no chance to keep either one so it really doesn't bother me too much.. Just how far we've fallen that bothers me.

I'll never concede that we couldn't have kept Childress had we named him HC instead of Anderson, but yes, it was more an observation on how well our former coaches are doing, while we're trying to basically rebuild the program.

Except for the inordinate number of K's, it's about all you could have wished for this first game...................

From the offensive or defensive side? We're bound to strike out offensively when we are getting on as much as we are right now.. If you mean Keller's lack of K's, im not worried.

No, I mean we have whiffed FAR too often. That was a major problem last year and I had hoped we would be more efficient at putting the ball in play.............

I can't find the stats... how many whiffs have we had? I know a couple, but a couple looking as well....

I believe by the middle of the game we had 7 or 8 according to the announcers............

I'll never concede that we couldn't have kept Childress had we named him HC instead of Anderson, but yes, it was more an observation on how well our former coaches are doing, while we're trying to basically rebuild the program.

Childress had made statements that they wanted to get back to Texas... We had no chance. But i agree with the other half of that.

Except for the inordinate number of K's, it's about all you could have wished for this first game...................

From the offensive or defensive side? We're bound to strike out offensively when we are getting on as much as we are right now.. If you mean Keller's lack of K's, im not worried.

No, I mean we have whiffed FAR too often. That was a major problem last year and I had hoped we would be more efficient at putting the ball in play.............

I can't find the stats... how many whiffs have we had? I know a couple, but a couple looking as well....

I believe by the middle of the game we had 7 or 8 according to the announcers............

You really can lay off the periods, no need for that many.. 7 or 8 STRIKEOUTS, but how many "whiffs" as you put it..? Looking Ks are not whiffs... That's what I'm asking.

You really can lay off the periods, no need for that many.. 7 or 8 STRIKEOUTS, but how many "whiffs" as you put it..? Looking Ks are not whiffs... That's what I'm asking.

Also had 3 or 4 Ks from one guy having a terrible day. As a team, not too bad

huskerswrkhavoc quote:

You really can lay off the periods, no need for that many.. 7 or 8 STRIKEOUTS, but how many "whiffs" as you put it..? Looking Ks are not whiffs... That's what I'm asking

Thanks for the grammar suggestion, but I have utilized a stream of consciousness style of writing for more years than I would like to admit to and adhering to your sensibilities is unlikely to alter that style. Sorry if it offends you, but I am equally offended by the myriad misspellings and improper grammar that multiple posts exhibit................and yet.................I just ignore it and concern myself with substance instead. We all seem to get along better that way.

And to your point.........a whiff doesn't in and off itself have to culminate in a strikeout. I was merely commenting on the inordinate times we failed to even make contact. Sometimes it occurred in the middle of an at-bat and sometimes it eventuated into a strikeout. Regardless, it was merely a passing innocuous comment. Hard to believe it devolves into a verbal spat.

huskerswrkhavoc quote:

You really can lay off the periods, no need for that many.. 7 or 8 STRIKEOUTS, but how many "whiffs" as you put it..? Looking Ks are not whiffs... That's what I'm asking

Thanks for the grammar suggestion, but I have utilized a stream of consciousness style of writing for more years than I would like to admit to and adhering to your sensibilities is unlikely to alter that style. Sorry if it offends you, but I am equally offended by the myriad misspellings and improper grammar that multiple posts exhibit................and yet.................I just ignore it and concern myself with substance instead. We all seem to get along better that way.

And to your point.........a whiff doesn't in and off itself have to culminate in a strikeout. I was merely commenting on the inordinate times we failed to even make contact. Sometimes it occurred in the middle of an at-bat and sometimes it eventuated into a strikeout. Regardless, it was merely a passing innocuous comment. Hard to believe it devolves into a verbal spat.

See bolded.

Also, I don't know how much baseball you watch, but even the best of the best will occasionally swing their bat and miss the ball. It happens... kind of a lot.