Huskers vs Utes (gm 2)

7-0 top of the 8th...assuming we hold on, we had a good weekend...back to .500 and time to make some noise...pitching has been great this weekend (could be due to level of competition) but in any case it should raise their confidence

Still got one tomorrow against UNLV don't they? It'd be great to go 4-0 this weekend. If pictching can continue to improve, this team could be pretty salty. The offensive timing is already much improved from last weekend, this whole bunting, squeezes, hit and runs, stealing had me skeptical at first because you have the potential to lose a lot of valuable base runners, but if they can keep it clicking like this it's gonna be fun as hell to watch.

Still got one tomorrow against UNLV don't they? It'd be great to go 4-0 this weekend. If pictching can continue to improve, this team could be pretty salty. The offensive timing is already much improved from last weekend, this whole bunting, squeezes, hit and runs, stealing had me skeptical at first because you have the potential to lose a lot of valuable base runners, but if they can keep it clicking like this it's gonna be fun as hell to watch.

I think this will take a couple of years to get rolling. I just look for them to keep battling and improving on their execution as this coaching staff converts them into hardcore gritty grinders. Grow some of those younger players, recruit some Stern/Strong speed and more talent on the mound.

huskerswrkhavoc quote:

You really can lay off the periods, no need for that many.. 7 or 8 STRIKEOUTS, but how many "whiffs" as you put it..? Looking Ks are not whiffs... That's what I'm asking

Thanks for the grammar suggestion, but I have utilized a stream of consciousness style of writing for more years than I would like to admit to and adhering to your sensibilities is unlikely to alter that style. Sorry if it offends you, but I am equally offended by the myriad misspellings and improper grammar that multiple posts exhibit................and yet.................I just ignore it and concern myself with substance instead. We all seem to get along better that way.

And to your point.........a whiff doesn't in and off itself have to culminate in a strikeout. I was merely commenting on the inordinate times we failed to even make contact. Sometimes it occurred in the middle of an at-bat and sometimes it eventuated into a strikeout. Regardless, it was merely a passing innocuous comment. Hard to believe it devolves into a verbal spat.

LOL if you are really upset with a few swings and misses, you are paying attention to the wrong sport man... Seriously.. The best hitters in the world swing and miss a LOT. Holy lord seriously... And yes, it is really annoying seeing................just to break up a sentence when...could work just fine. Obviously, do what you want, just asked a simple favor.